Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Maybe because he identifies himself as an American first. BTW, you can be proud of your heritage and still believe that hyphenated identifiers are stupid.
well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 09:42 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So does that mean Rudy Giuliani doesn't?
who cares he aint running,love from a silcian American and my buddy a dwarf American and my best friend an albino bald bi sexual champion bowler American

Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So because RG does (and I don't even know for sure that he does), then ALL Americans should have hyphenated identifiers? Is that the warped logic you're trying to use to smear a GOP presidential candidate? We must all hyphenate our ethnicity because Rudy Giuliani does!
All I did was ask you a very simple question. Not sure where you got all that from. I guess this is the way some people avoid a question.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
I love how riled up people get over this. It's hilarious.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
All I did was ask you a very simple question. Not sure where you got all that from. I guess this is the way some people avoid a question.
you were trying to pin Rudy and every one knows it .simple question haha

Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you were trying to pin Rudy and every one knows it .simple question haha
You guys claimed that the reason why Cain doesn't like the phrase AFrican American is because he sees himself more as an American, implying that people who use hyphenated labels don't. Rudy Guiliani is comfortable with hyphenated labels, unlike Cain. Does that mean Rudy identifies less with being American than Cain.

Simple question.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You guys claimed that the reason why Cain doesn't like the phrase AFrican American is because he sees himself more as an American, implying that people who use hyphenated labels don't. Rudy Guiliani is comfortable with hyphenated labels, unlike Cain. Does that mean Rudy identifies less with being American than Cain.

Simple question.
no,simple answer

Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:

Simple question.
Apparently so. What's your explanation?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
So Rudy Guiliani doesn't identify with being American first?
is your thread about Rudy Guiliani or Herman Cain? make up your mind. Most beautiful African American actress: Charlize Theron; born and raised in Africa, emigrated to America. Herman Cain is American.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Hyphens are used to divide. Why does the OP seek division over US citizens simply identifying themselves as Americans? Is it the same obsession that moves Progressives to want to label and group everyone into nice neat packages to vilify?

I'd say most Conservatives don't see a need to be hyphenated Americans. There is little doubt that Cain is more Conservative than Guiliani.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections