Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Before Murder was a "legal term" it was a "moral term"... even though abortion is legal, "Murder" can be applied to this practice in a moral sense.
You are most certainly entitled to possess your own moral standards.

You are NOT entitled to impose them on anyone else.

That is why there is separation of church and state, and that is why "murder" is a legal term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Romney thinks he can get the nomination this time by being Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall as opposed to flip flopping. That's my observation. Be as much as you can be to the most people to win. Who knows what he would actually do after elected. This is how I see him:

I'm for this but only in my personal life.
I'm for that but only when I was governor of Massachusetts.
I'm for ethanol subsidies (...but only when I'm in Iowa is what I expect to hear from him next)
You mean like George W. Bush who was pro-choice as governor but jumped the fence when he smelled fundamentalist campaign donations?

I think I understand now. Thanks.,

Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
No candidate should be pressured or blackmailed by any group that has to do with individual rights of others. It's sickening just to think about...letting them set policy for the country or whatever. A candidate who caves to such tactics isn't someone who will represent the people of the USA in a good way. Think about it. Even if I was totally prolife or whatever I wouldn't sign my name to someones damn pledge. That's disgusting.
Abortions isn't murder any more than miscarriage is homocide.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No candidate should be pressured or blackmailed by any group that has to do with individual rights of others. It's sickening just to think about...letting them set policy for the country or whatever. A candidate who caves to such tactics isn't someone who will represent the people of the USA in a good way. Think about it. Even if I was totally prolife or whatever I wouldn't sign my name to someones damn pledge. That's disgusting.
Abortions isn't murder any more than miscarriage is homocide.
Miscarriage isn't by choice... so your comment makes no sense...

To be on the Republican ticket you need to be pro-life. Just the way it is...

Point with Romney is that he is now saying he is pro-life, but he won't sign a pro-life pledge... pretty sad...

That's because he is lying about his values and his stances, he changes his stances with the wind... we all know it-- I'd respect him more if he just came out and said he was pro-choice instead of pretending to be pro-life.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Pledges like that are for idiots. You can live your values without selling your soul to special interest no matter WHO they are or WHAT they stand for. I woudln't sign anything that anyone put in front of me not matter how strongly I felt. It's childish and leaves you open to attack should you realize that your reasoning isn't as well thought out as you originally believed. Like abortion, it's always bad until you get one.
And abortion has never been murder.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Miscarriage isn't by choice... so your comment makes no sense...

Quote:
To be on the Republican ticket you need to be pro-life. Just the way it is...

Point with Romney is that he is now saying he is pro-life, but he won't sign a pro-life pledge... pretty sad...

That's because he is lying about his values and his stances, he changes his stances with the wind... we all know it-- I'd respect him more if he just came out and said he was pro-choice instead of pretending to be pro-life.
Which means the GOP line-up less Romney and Huntsman are extremist, religiouscrats and lovers of the ultra-rich. They hate the planet, love fetuses, and hate assisting poor kids.

Nominate one of the nuts. Go ahead. Just be prepared for one of the biggest losses in history. There are not enough people to vote in extremist like Bachman.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Romney is also anti-gun. He doesnt stand a chance of getting most conservatives or libertarians behind him.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:17 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,450 times
Romney's a joke. He stands for nothing. He's not a RINO, to be a RINO you need to have some sort of moderate or liberal ideology.

He has no ideology. Not shocking that he wouldn't sign this reasonable pledge. ( but than again I'm Pro-Life, unlike him)

Old 06-19-2011, 08:43 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
It isn't about abortion-- but rather murder

I guess Romney is Pro-Murder
Then I guess Herman Cain is, too.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:13 PM

Did anyone bother to READ that pledge or the article? If any candidate signed it AND ACTUALLY FOLLOWED IT (they won't, anyone who signed is already outed as a liar) they couldn't be able to be an effective POTUS anyway. It reaches far beyond abortion. Only a fool....or a panderer. And there are things in it that wouldn't be legal or pass the House. Basically, we would be a single issue country and nothing could be done about ANYTHING before everyone involved vowed to stop abortion. What a crock. And what a country of idiots we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections