Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 PM

313 posts, read 833,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I don't smoke dope and or do drugs!! I don't sell drugs either. But if you follow the constitution you would see no support for FEDERAL regulations on drugs and the war on drugs is nothing more then corruption in the highest level of government.

PERIOD

Ron Paul for liberty and constitutional rule of law.
Nothing more or less.

I pick freedom over tryanny and many people see the difference why don't you.
Exactly!

I don't do drugs, have never even tried any. I also don't smoke or even drink alcohol. The federal government has been fighting the war on drugs for how many years now? It's not working and it will never work. The states can still have their drug laws, the feds just need to get out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not really. I'm saying if they were meant to be a Commander In Chief and run a country they should have some experience doing managerial type things. For example, balancing a budget, managing within a budget, dealing with unexpected problems relating to that budget is just not the same experience as writing a budget bill or voting on a budget bill. It's not a knock on that experience it's just not the right experience for POTUS.

Being a plumber/carpenter/landscaper/etc. for 25 years does not qualify you to run Home Depot.

For some reason, a lot of Congress people have chosen a career of thinker jobs rather than do-er jobs as it relates to politics. Perhaps they've gone from their state legislature to Congress or from their attorney job/doctor job/professsor/consultant job to Congress. Nothing wrong with that but they made a conscientious decision not to go the managerial route of mayor, governor or CEO. How can we make their first managerial job be President of The United States/Commander In Chief?

I don't say they don't know the problems or even have ideas on how to fix things. I'm saying they have no experience implementing their ideas or actually fixing things because they have chosen a career path that avoids those particular activities.
To be Commander in Cheif you need to know a few things
1. Take a oath to defend and protect the constitution of the untied states and FOLLOW IT!
2. I think running a doctors office and being in the miltiary for 5 years might also help you make imporatant DECISIONS. Also delivering 4,000 new born babies and how important LIFE IS and those decisions.
3. Understanding, and writting 5+ books on the issues we face today might also qualify you to be President.

I am not interested in CEO's and Governors or mayors, I am interested in princples and sticking to them even if the rest of the world and corrupt washington wasnt to ignore them. How about trust, honesty and doing what you say you will do. Most importantly if those issues and agenda is to limit government power and have the princples to NOT abuse Presidental POWER then that person (Ron Paul) is ready to lead the nation to LIBERTY!

Maybe a Doctor who happend to be a Congressman from texas with a good heart, sound mind, and princpled liberty is the only hope we have left for this nation.
I pick that over the illusion of power and status.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
I will either vote for Ron Paul or whoever Ron votes for.

Paul on the Issues
I like it. Never thought of it - but I'm sure he
will be voting for himself

Old 07-07-2011, 03:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I like it. Never thought of it - but I'm sure he
will be voting for himself
Again, we are talking general election I think. He might not be able to do that. Not all states allow write ins, I don't remember about texas for certain.

Nita

Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,453,943 times
last election, i learned who ron paul was. his ideas intrigued me a lot, but i didn't think he'd have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, so i didn't vote for him.

i regret that decision now. this election, whether he has a huge following, or hardly any, i'm voting for ron paul. as others have mentioned, i don't agree with him in every aspect, but definitely more than any other candidate past or present, and he brings an excellent track record of consistency and conviction, qualities that the spineless, power/money-hungry politicians running against him will never understand.

even if he doesn't win, the more people vote for him, the closer we come to breaking the stupid system that the bureaucrats have set up for themselves that is ruining this country. the more people vote for him, win or lose, the louder we make it known that we are not going to put up with the bull crap anymore, and that politics in this country needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:09 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Ron Paul may be a strong pro-life guy personally, but he believes in States Rights and Individual liberty - ie. The Federal Government does not have a right to dictate morality whether I agree with the position or not.

An imposition of will backed by government to enforce compliance is an act of force.

Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, to impose your morality at the Federal level is an act of violence and oppression.

These issues need to be pushed back down the ladder to the State level to be decided by the people.
And why isn't is an act of violence and oppression if it's imposed at the state level?

People have full representation in the federal government, too, you know. What is this bogus philosophy that people decide things at a state level, but are slaves of tyranny at the federal level?

And besides, Roe-v-Wade isn't imposing morality, it's providing for freedom. And it doesn't impose on anyone - it does not require anybody to get an abortion. If you or yours gets pregnant, the federal government isn't intruding one bit into your decision about the pregnancy. A federal anti-abortion statute would be imposing morality. As would a state-level one.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And why isn't is an act of violence and oppression if it's imposed at the state level?

People have full representation in the federal government, too, you know. What is this bogus philosophy that people decide things at a state level, but are slaves of tyranny at the federal level?
Because a state government represents its people better than a federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And besides, Roe-v-Wade isn't imposing morality, it's providing for freedom.
This is highly debatable. What about the freedom of the baby?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
The US Federal Government spends about $40 billion a year on the War on Drugs.

The illegal drug trade industry is reported to generate revenue in the hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

You tell me who is winning.

Not only do you save the $40 Billion a year in deciding to stop fighting a war they can't win and is unconstitutional, but you can stop imprisoning 30% of the prisoners in the system for a harmless crime of possession and distribution of such substances. Depending on the state these "criminals" are imprisoned, it costs tax payers anywhere from $30,000 - 45,000 a year to imprison them in a "correctional" system that is ineffective and unsafe.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:52 AM

313 posts, read 833,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
The US Federal Government spends about $40 billion a year on the War on Drugs.

The illegal drug trade industry is reported to generate revenue in the hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

You tell me who is winning.

Not only do you save the $40 Billion a year in deciding to stop fighting a war they can't win and is unconstitutional, but you can stop imprisoning 30% of the prisoners in the system for a harmless crime of possession and distribution of such substances. Depending on the state these "criminals" are imprisoned, it costs tax payers anywhere from $30,000 - 45,000 a year to imprison them in a "correctional" system that is ineffective and unsafe.
and these "criminals" learn a lot while in jail. It usually makes a more hardcore criminal out of people.

Ron Paul's stance is to decriminalize it at the Federal level. The states will still have whatever laws they have for drugs. Why would this be such a bad thing?

Why is this such a horrible stance on drugs to where it would turn someone away from voting for him? The Constitution does not give authority to the Federal government to regulate drugs so it should be a State's issue.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
To be Commander in Cheif you need to know a few things
1. Take a oath to defend and protect the constitution of the untied states and FOLLOW IT!
2. I think running a doctors office and being in the miltiary for 5 years might also help you make imporatant DECISIONS. Also delivering 4,000 new born babies and how important LIFE IS and those decisions.
3. Understanding, and writting 5+ books on the issues we face today might also qualify you to be President.

I am not interested in CEO's and Governors or mayors, I am interested in princples and sticking to them even if the rest of the world and corrupt washington wasnt to ignore them. How about trust, honesty and doing what you say you will do. Most importantly if those issues and agenda is to limit government power and have the princples to NOT abuse Presidental POWER then that person (Ron Paul) is ready to lead the nation to LIBERTY!

Maybe a Doctor who happend to be a Congressman from texas with a good heart, sound mind, and princpled liberty is the only hope we have left for this nation.
I pick that over the illusion of power and status.
great post. Having a President that keeps his word and the people can trust, that would be refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections