Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM

309 posts, read 427,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
CBS polls the tea parties and finds they’re old, white, pissed off, likely to vote and don’t think they pay too many taxes.

They like Fox News, and they don’t like Ron Paul:

CBS Poll: Fox News Succeeds In Hijacking Tea Parties From Ron Paul | FDL Action
A link to an article by Jane Hamsher, a progressive. I'm sure this is totally unbiased written by a progressive and all; but it sure would support your cause in attempting to divide and conquer huh? "old, white, pissed off, likely to vote and don't think they pay too many taxes" Really?

TEA=Taxed Enough Already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM

[quote=ergohead;19679955]Tea Baggers fear smart people.[/QUOTE

The poll said:"They are better educated than most Americans: 37 percent are college graduates, compared to 25 percent of Americans overall. They also have a higher-than-average household income, with 56 percent making more than $50,000 per year."

Read more: Tea Party Supporters: Who They Are and What They Believe - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I would say those that have to resort to vulgar language to express themselves might be the ones afraid of smart people.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
SO what if doesn't get everything he wants he knows that. He can't f it up anymore than it is now ................

Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
They also showed an old Video and tried to pass it off as this years CPac convention. They tried to act as if he was being booed, the reality was the opposite.

The Crony puppet masters at Fox are very scared of him.
hmmm, wonder why that would be? Who are the "crony puppet masters at Fox" and why would they be very scared of him? Could you source and list the link? Thanks much.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.
I don't know about you but there's just no way I could vote for a man as ugly as Ron Paul.

He really reminds me of :

Spoiler

Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Ron Paul has stated several times both verbally and his books that he wants to end the Dept. of Education.
What does the Dept. of Education have to do with public education?
You do know it didn't exist prior to 1980 right?

Quote:
He believe education should be handled privately or at the very least through local or state means.
Quote:
Ron Paul works towards the elimination of the inefficient Department of Education, leaving education decisions to be made at the state, local or personal level. Parents should have the right to spend their money on the school or method of schooling they deem appropriate for their children.
Education

Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't know about you but there's just no way I could vote for a man as ugly as Ron Paul.
Hopefully you are joking...otherwise you would be a good example to those who want some sort of test to be allowed to vote....

Old 06-21-2011, 04:34 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
I'd be perfectly happy to see him in office to PREVENT what the rest of the Dims/Reps are trying to do. I am 100% aware that most Dems/Reps are controlled by money and power and would not allow Ron Paul to do most of what the country needs to do. But the good thing would be the big fat VETO pen that would come out frequently when the House/Senate are trying to slip special favors/pork/regulations into large bills while no one is paying attention.

Yes I would vote for Ron Paul AGAIN. Not because I agree with him 100% of the time, but because I believe he is saying what he really wants 100% of the time. Some of his ideas may be crazy, but just how crazy is debatable. The problem debating how crazy his ideas vs other candidates is that the other candidates simply say what they think voters want to hear. We have NO IDEA what their true ideas and plans are because they are only talking to make people happy, not to say what they really think.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Translation, politically incorrect. Sorry, I don't give a squat about political correctness. I thought right wingers were anti PC, I guess they aren't, especially when their feelings are involved.

If you are going to carry around signs calling Obama a racist, Muslim, African , monkey, then you should have the balls to take any jabs thrown at you.
I would think "if" would be the operative term here. "If", "then" all must be guilty.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Politically correct? Do you know what the term means? This has nothing to do with being PC and everything to do with vulgarity.
So we shouldn't use a term because some people are offended? Don't want to hurt peoples feelings. sniff sniff

You guys picked that term, want someone to blame, look in the mirror. If you guys were too stupid to know what it means, well that's your problem.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections