Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA FDR? Is that your final answer?

Il give you time to do some research...or do you want to stick with that answer?
Yup. Please don't say Reagan, cause you would be wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/bu...nted=2&_r=2&hp

" But Ronald Reagan won, despite 7.2 percent unemployment in November 1984, because the rate was falling and voters decided he was fixing the problem."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I keep seeing threads pop up claiming that Obama will lose, he's falling down stairs and on and on but I don't see any pushing any GOP candidate and his or her policies. I will say that there are stray Ron Paul threads but that's it. Huntsman announced today but not a peep. No pro Romney, Santorum, or Cain threads? Nothing touting their plans for the economy, foreign policy or anything..What's the deal? Why no GOP candidate love.
When the MSM begins hyping a Republican candidate in the primaries,...that's the candidate the Republican party members should NOT elect.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Yes, but Obama haters are posting threads about his demise..We'll, in all honesty they've been doing that since 07'.
And Obama supporters have been posting threads about the GOP losing.. Note this thread, yet another such example.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yup. Please don't say Reagan, cause you would be wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/bu...nted=2&_r=2&hp

" But Ronald Reagan won, despite 7.2 percent unemployment in November 1984, because the rate was falling and voters decided he was fixing the problem."

So according to you FDR...the President that WON 4 terms...who DIED as President while IN office...somehow LOST re-election because of unemployment?

...In what Universe did that happen?

That really shows your depth of knowledge on the issue.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
So according to you FDR...the President that WON 4 terms...who DIED as President while IN office...somehow LOST re-election because of unemployment?

...In what Universe did that happen?

That really shows your depth of knowledge on the issue.
How many Presidents was FDR?

By the way it ain't just me, go fight with the NY Times. LOL

Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Well, I must admit that you have Newt running on family values and Ya got Sara nonrunning on moosehunting common nonsence. Ya got Bachwoman there but she hasn't let us know yet what God's telling her this week. Oh I forgot, ya got the Ron Paul there who wants to be the first president to eliminate his own job when he disbands the federal government. Ole barnum and baily Trumpter didn't last too long when he came to the realization that everyone was laughing at him. He maybe had a good idea though when he said, "Why is it that all of our oil is under their sand, I think we ought to just go and take it." What a maroon. There's the front runner Romney. He's counting on the Christian vote cause he deserves it being almost a Christian!!! He's been busy trying to figure out what he would have done differently than Obama but he's not quite sure yet so he's saying very little. Maybe he could give the presidents programmes a different name, Ya, that's it, You could fool most Americans with such a brilliant plan.
I have a good slogan for them. "GO GOP GOGOPGOGOPGOGOPGOGOP.
SORT OF SOUNDS LIKE THE NOISE I MAKE WITH MY HEAD STUCK IN THE TOILET AFTER EATING A BAD BURGER

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times
Quote:
How many Presidents was FDR?

By the way it ain't just me, go fight with the NY Times. LOL

Is English your first language?

Anyway...your 7.2 is a pointless statistic since no President has ever lost because of high unemployment.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Is English your first language?

Anyway...your 7.2 is a pointless statistic since no President has ever lost because of high unemployment.
Do you ever tire of being wrong?

From the NY Times link.

"Ten presidents have stood for re-election since Mr. Roosevelt. In four instances the unemployment rate stood above 6 percent on Election Day. Three presidents lost: Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush."

Again go fight with history. As Carville says, "it's the economy stupid". No amount of wishful thinking will change that immutable fact.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Yikes is this American Idol or a Presidential election? I think with few exceptions all of the Republican candidates are small government conservatives. The are for the most part interchangeable. That is not a knock, it is a virtue.
Sorry, claiming candidates for the highest office in the country are interchangeable is a knock.

e=Ceece;19694392]The stage is still being set. People are just starting to position themsevles. Someone will probably hold out until the last second then enter the race at the same time as they DO SOMETHING that strikes a cord with people and ride that wave. I think there is a playbook somewhere...[/quote]

Sorry, but politics aint new. The republicans have been using the same playbook for decades. You wait your turn and you get the nomination. Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Dole, Bush...Sale ole, same ole..Mitt's up next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
True - not one community organizer in the bunch.
True, just a bunch of empty suits willing to take any position. An actual person of the people might bring a little character to the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And Obama supporters have been posting threads about the GOP losing.. Note this thread, yet another such example.
Where'd I say the GOP was losing? I'm wondering where all the excitement for a GOP candidate is. I see plenty of hatred and poor predictions for Obama but no support for GOP candidates and their positions. And that trend continues in this thread.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Not likely, he's at 11%.

Yes, but Obama haters are posting threads about his demise..We'll, in all honesty they've been doing that since 07'.
My God, the man has been campaigning for over 4 1/2 years. I wonder when he will start being the President and not the candidate. Surely you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections