Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid ventured into the 2012 presidential waiting game Tuesday, offering up his pick for the Republican presidential nomination. 'If I had a choice, I would favor Huntsman over Romney,' Reid told reporters after a meeting on Capitol Hill."

Top Dem picks Huntsman – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Whatta guy! Maybe we should see who Pelosi endorses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 03:03 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid ventured into the 2012 presidential waiting game Tuesday, offering up his pick for the Republican presidential nomination. 'If I had a choice, I would favor Huntsman over Romney,' Reid told reporters after a meeting on Capitol Hill."

Reverse psychology?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:

They are both mormon.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
After all the money Reid has taken from the Huntsman family during the last campaign cycle, this is not a surprise.

"Huntsman’s family gave nearly $25,000 to Reid last cycle"

Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
They are both mormon.
Sorry, I don't get it. Are you saying that if a person's a Mormon, he's going to like all other Mormons? Nah... you wouldn't be saying something that stupid.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sorry, I don't get it. Are you saying that if a person's a Mormon, he's going to like all other Mormons? Nah... you wouldn't be saying something that stupid.

The only thing that I said was "They are both Mormon". You inferred more than I wrote. I was simply stating a fact. Most people do not know that Harry Reid is mormon. I was surprised to find that out myself.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The only thing that I said was "They are both Mormon". You inferred more than I wrote. I was simply stating a fact. Most people do not know that Harry Reid is mormon. I was surprised to find that out myself.
You were simply stating a fact? And of course you weren't implying that the fact that they are both Mormons had something to do with the fact that Harry Reid likes Jon Huntsman? There are lots of Mormons in congress. Some of them probably like Huntsman. Some of them probably like Romney. Some of them probably don't like either one of them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what you were trying to say.

But thanks for mentioning Harry Reid's religion. If most people didn't know that he's a Mormon, I guess he's doing a pretty good job of not making his religious beliefs interfer with his doing his job. That's probably something a Mormon would probably do if elected President.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:

I can think of very few more compelling reasons to oppose a candidate than an endorsement from Harry Reid.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I can think of very few more compelling reasons to oppose a candidate than an endorsement from Harry Reid.
Well keep in mind, he's almost certainly going to be voting for Obama. As a matter of fact, unless Huntsman -- by some miraculous fluke -- ends up getting the bid, so will I.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well keep in mind, he's almost certainly going to be voting for Obama. As a matter of fact, unless Huntsman -- by some miraculous fluke -- ends up getting the bid, so will I.
I will go out on the limb and tell you that I believe Huntsman will get the bid. I have not always been right about the general elections, but I am 8 for 8 on the nominations. It won't be a fluke. It will look like a fluke, but it won't be.

Huntsman has some very powerful people and groups behind him and although I don't have a thing against huntsman, I do not like the groups supporting him. So, I am hoping that I am wrong on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections