Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Riiiggghht.
I know I am right, thanks for acknowledging it. Which is why I support the GOP, I was tired of being treated like a second class citizen by the Dems, and being told, I needed the rich white mans help to succeed, because I couldnt do it on my own.

It was nice for me and my family to be accepted and judged by our own merit not the color of our skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:48 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I know I am right, thanks for acknowledging it. Which is why I support the GOP, I was tired of being treated like a second class citizen by the Dems, and being told, I needed the rich white mans help to succeed, because I couldnt do it on my own.

It was nice for me and my family to be accepted and judged by our own merit not the color of our skin.
I've never understood why Democrats feel the need to separate people out by their race and give them all different treatment. Why don't they just end entitlements to other races and acknowledge that everyone is in fact equal, why can't they be colorblind like the GOP. That's the way MLK wanted it...

Why do they do this?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM

277 posts, read 577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think the GOP exclusion of minorities has helped them gain a lot of minority support. Do keep thinking that.
The only group who has an under 50% approval of Obama are whites. I think you're on to something.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I've never understood why Democrats feel the need to separate people out by their race and give them all different treatment. Why don't they just end entitlements to other races and acknowledge that everyone is in fact equal, why can't they be colorblind like the GOP. That's the way MLK wanted it...

Why do they do this?
It would violate their practice of devisiveness...

Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post

A coming quandry?

American Crossroads promises to remain neutral in Republican primary fight – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

What if Cain wins the primary? Are they sure he's not a Dem plant? He sure looks like he could be.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 AM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
The astounding stupidity of the dems and their forum operatives is fun to watch.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
The astounding stupidity of the dems and their forum operatives is fun to watch.
yep, like Condi is a lesbian, so is Palin...

Nita

Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep, like Condi is a lesbian, so is Palin...

Nita
I never knew that, thanks for the info.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM

577 posts, read 900,372 times
A lot of minorities are socially conservative. Most hispanics I know are pro life to the point they make the pope look tame. I have noticed many vocal protestors against gay marriage are african american. Asians have the highest income bracket of any other racial group in the country so have the most reason to be fiscally conservative (and many are socially conservative as well).

But like others have noted, it never ceases to amaze me that the supposedly tolerant party is the one that obsesses the most over race. My impression has been that conservatives judge people by their ideas and not their skin color. Liberals are prone to do the opposite.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
I love all these predictions about one party's demographic doom. There are only two parties in this country. As wonderful as the Democrats are, I am sure they will have no problem doing something to irritate minorities and send them to the Republicans. This is of course assuming that all these minorities will vote for Democrats in the first place.

On another note, isn't it strange how few women are in Congress? Aren't women the majority of people in the United States?

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 06-24-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections