U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:15 PM

35,231 posts, read 34,526,221 times

Advertisements

"In the 1850s, on the steps of the Waco courthouse, Wallace Jefferson's great-great-great grandfather was sold. Today, Jefferson is chief justice of Texas' Supreme Court. The governor who nominated him also nominated the state's first Latina justice. Rick Perry, 61, the longest-serving governor in Texas history and, in his 11th year, currently the nation's senior governor, says these nominations are two of his proudest accomplishments. Between 2001 and last June (time Perry has been Governor), Texas — a right-to-work state that taxes neither personal income nor capital gains — added more jobs than the other 49 states combined. And since the recovery began two Junes ago, Texas has created 37 percent of America's net new jobs."

For more:

Opinion | The Rick Perry you don't know | Seattle Times Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 PM

589 posts, read 311,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"In the 1850s, on the steps of the Waco courthouse, Wallace Jefferson's great-great-great grandfather was sold. Today, Jefferson is chief justice of Texas' Supreme Court. The governor who nominated him also nominated the state's first Latina justice. Rick Perry, 61, the longest-serving governor in Texas history and, in his 11th year, currently the nation's senior governor, says these nominations are two of his proudest accomplishments. Between 2001 and last June (time Perry has been Governor), Texas — a right-to-work state that taxes neither personal income nor capital gains — added more jobs than the other 49 states combined. And since the recovery began two Junes ago, Texas has created 37 percent of America's net new jobs."

For more:

Rick Perry is so unbelievable

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,774,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
Rick Perry is so unbelievable
Thats my reaction too!!!!

Oh wait...

Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,780,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

For more:

Ha- I thought that Republicans NEVER mention the race/ethnicity of a person that they select for prominent positions. If a Dem had done this, the right wing would harp about how these were affirm action, blah blah blah.
I'm glad that he did appoint those ppl, but it doesn't impress me. I still wouldn't vote for him ever.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM

25,058 posts, read 23,795,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Ha- I thought that Republicans NEVER mention the race/ethnicity of a person that they select for prominent positions. If a Dem had done this, the right wing would harp about how these were affirm action, blah blah blah.
I'm glad that he did appoint those ppl, but it doesn't impress me. I still wouldn't vote for him ever.
Somehow I doubt you'd ever vote for a Republican

Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 AM

73,782 posts, read 86,247,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Somehow I doubt you'd ever vote for a Republican
and I am pretty sure you are right.

Nita

Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 14,479,533 times
Since you want to know more about Perry here is a little reading for ya.
HPV vaccine Gardisil called dangerous by worried parents - by Grace Alexander - Helium
Casper

Old 07-02-2011, 12:11 AM

25,058 posts, read 23,795,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
HPV vaccine Gardisil called dangerous by worried parents - by Grace Alexander - Helium
Casper

Better strap that tinfoil helmet on tight! Cause forced Gardisil shots and NAFTA superhighways are conspiracy theories!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 14,479,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Better strap that tinfoil helmet on tight! Cause forced Gardisil shots and NAFTA superhighways are conspiracy theories!
Good to know you do not live in Texas, it is the only explaination for your ignorance on the matter.
Casper

Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM

20,774 posts, read 18,530,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Good to know that Perry can be bought by big businesses much like Bush was. Nice find Casper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections