U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 11,831,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Ah yes, the gay accusation - the new insult from the left. Who else has Media Matters/Soros got on their list of people to call gay?
ROFL......like Limbaugh/Bachmann and those like him/her don't insult and vilify gays every minute they can.

Here ya go>>>>>>

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet (actually the count is now 14)

George Rekers Has Company: The Top Ten Outed Right-Wing Homophobes - Miami News - Riptide 2.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,057,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL......like Limbaugh/Bachmann and those like him/her don't insult and vilify gays every minute they can.

Here ya go>>>>>>

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet (actually the count is now 14)

George Rekers Has Company: The Top Ten Outed Right-Wing Homophobes - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

This is such a pathetic, lame attempt toward No one of credibility or substance. Also....where's any proof that on any of those people?

Nothing but a childish, gayish 'Witch hunt.''

Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 11,831,016 times
Truth Wins Out - Truth Wins Out Undercover Operation Finds That Marcus Bachmann

Old 07-09-2011, 08:14 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,057,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

Here ya go>>>>>>

I Repeat

This is such a pathetic, lame attempt toward No one of credibility or substance. Also....where's any proof that on any of those people?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,612,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you realize how little she could or would do without the support of congress? I agree whole-heartidly, religion and politics should not be intertwined, but I think many are making too much out of some of her comments and I will again say, she is getting royally murdered by the libs which I feel is very childish and cruel, not to mention the perfect example of bullying. Oh, let me join the "i don't like you" band wagon. Let's all gang up on cutey pie over there.

I will again say, what I have over and over, I don't believe in personal attacks period and I cetainly am not a Bachmann supporter at this starge. I would find it hard to support her period.

NIta
Of course she would need congress to enact on her absolute freakish views. I do not think people are making too much of that because she chose to run for the highest office of the nation. You damn well we're going to point out her Jim Jones-ish nuttiness. This woman is dangerous.

I would think anyone, regardless of R or D would be questioned.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:42 PM

17,230 posts, read 5,118,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I Repeat

And it looks like they found another witch, your point is?
Casper

Old 07-11-2011, 06:47 PM

2,724 posts, read 2,282,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
We had eight years of Bush. I don't think that gaffes mean anything anymore.
LOL like ANYONE could top HIM!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:05 PM

20,348 posts, read 7,377,007 times
Now here is something Bachmann could do, perhaps her "proper training" experience would be a help.

Should parents lose custody of obese children? – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Old 07-13-2011, 02:15 PM

29,074 posts, read 11,644,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think any of us really know what our founders were really running away from. I was always under the impression what they didn't want was government control over how we worship, not who is and is not our President. If this is the case, like you seem to think, wouldni't you want all who serve in congress and the White House to keep their views on religion to themselves? Are you saying anyone that hold political office should not be a fundamentalist Christian?

Nita
My concern would not be on the religion of the person holding office, but their willingness to impose their religious beliefs on others. Bachmann's signing of pledges, and willingness to regulate the personal choices of others suggest that in her utter commitment to her religious beliefs and their rightness, that she is willing to impose her beliefs on the rest of us.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 PM

9,241 posts, read 3,221,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Could you imagine a President saying some of the things Michelle Bachmann has said?

Source

Do you have a favorite or least favorite?
First, I don't think I myself, would get the connect
between John Wayne and John Wayne Gasey because
I always just think of the mass murderer from Chicago.

But, as far as things Bachmann says:
I think she's crazier than a ****house rat.
I just can't get over the look in her eyes -
I don't know if that's because she is on some type of medication, or if it's the result of being an evangelical.
It's just a crazy look to me.

Best crazy saying *I had to look them up - cause I really
don't listen to her as her responses are robotic but
here goes:

2003: Bachmann, then a state senator, explains why she doesn't agree with the theory of evolution: "Where do we say that a cell became a blade of grass, which became a starfish, which became a cat, which became a donkey, which became a human being? There's a real lack of evidence from change from actual species to a different type of species. That's where it's difficult to prove."

Bachmann saw Melissa Etheridge’s cancer as a teachable moment: “Unfortunately she is now suffering from breast cancer, so keep her in your prayers,” she said in November 2004. “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”

^^^^What one has to do with the other, I'll never know -
oh I forgot, once again, it's her evangelical thinking.

I guess I just don't want an evangelical crazy woman
in the White House. Sybil's mother in WI just keeps coming to mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections