Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times

Advertisements

David Dukes, to be sure!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,534 times
Cain

Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Cain
He does get a liquid reaction, but it's more like causing Dems to spit their drink out through their nose.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
The Democrats I know are sufficiently smitten with their Master to think that Obama losing is an impossibility. Given the fact that the country was dumb enough to elect him the first time, I tend to agree with them.

The insanity of the electorate will be proven if the country rewards Obama's failed first term with a second term.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As a Democrat, I "wet my pants" when I think of any of the Repub hopefuls... from laughing so hard. This field of clowns is nothing to be concerned about.

I heard that right before Nov. 2nd, 2010, about Pelosi remaining as speaker of the house.

The tide has changed in this nation.

The information highway, has educated the US, the European model isn't as great as the Progressives have painted it to be, all those years.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ahhhh, you with your 175 posts are more likely to be attached to some campaign. I've been posting here and in other forums since 2006. I think I asked a legitimate question:

Have you seen any organized effort by Democrats against, for example, either Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann, you know, like an anti-website or anti-political print, web or TV ads targeting any of the individual GOP candidates as opposed to Republicans in general?

And I think my reason, that I don't live in a swing state or an early primary state, so I wouldn't know if local opposition ads were airing against individual Republicans is a good reason for asking the question. The only 2012 anti-ad I have seen is the one about Obama that doesn't mention any Republican candidate.

I support a Rick Perry run so I get news alerts on Rick Perry. That's how I know stuff that's going on related to his possible run for President. Try it. Go to Google and create a News Alert for whoever you support.

I used Romney and Bachman in my example because in the last national poll I saw they were Number 1 and Number 2.
1. I don't think the question was legit; it was crude, and reeks of middle school talk.

2. Why should the Dems be doing anything now? We don't know who the Repub candidate will be.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As a Democrat, I "wet my pants" when I think of any of the Repub hopefuls... from laughing so hard. This field of clowns is nothing to be concerned about.

I heard that right before Nov. 2nd, 2010, about Pelosi remaining as speaker of the house.

The tide has changed in this nation.

The information highway, has educated the US, that the European model of wealth redistribution, with the top elite politicians skimming off the top, isn't as great as the Progressives have painted it to be, all those years.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:09 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
With Laughter? That would have to be Buchmann but if Palin jumps in it will be close.
Casper
Palin will do no jumping in. It's way too late to do any jumping, and she has no campaign staff or any of the other essentials. Her party doesn't want her muddying the waters any further, and I'm sure they made that very obvious to her before she dropped out.

There is still a big lingering love affair with Sarah among conservatives, but it's pretty much like getting dumped by your best girlfriend. She knows it's over, but they don't. There is no way Sarah will submit to getting whacked around again. She flirted as long as she could, but she's all done now.

She done took the money and run, and bless her heart. I hope she lives a long and happy life away from the spotlights.

There is no one in the Repub field that worries me at all. The only possible exception is Ron Paul, and he's such a different choice he could attract some disappointed Democrats, I think.

But I don't see any chance of his nomination. The Republicans are still marching in lockstep with each hand on the guy in front's shoulder. The Republican phalanx has been their greatest strength for so long that it's now the only thing they have.
It failed them in 2008 for the first time, and will fail again in this election.

The usual Repub fear tactics failed last time, too. They'll haul out everything from the fear warehouse once more, and once more, it will fail. Everybody's already plenty scared.

Hope is more fundamentally vitalizing than fear, and I believe it will rule once more.

Hope can go hand in hand with anger, just like fear does, but fear holds no promises for a brighter day ahead. The election may get real nasty, but I have no doubt that Obama will win again.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Palin will do no jumping in. It's way too late to do any jumping, and she has no campaign staff or any of the other essentials. Her party doesn't want her muddying the waters any further, and I'm sure they made that very obvious to her before she dropped out.

There is still a big lingering love affair with Sarah among conservatives, but it's pretty much like getting dumped by your best girlfriend. She knows it's over, but they don't. There is no way Sarah will submit to getting whacked around again. She flirted as long as she could, but she's all done now.

She done took the money and run, and bless her heart. I hope she lives a long and happy life away from the spotlights.

There is no one in the Repub field that worries me at all. The only possible exception is Ron Paul, and he's such a different choice he could attract some disappointed Democrats, I think.

But I don't see any chance of his nomination. The Republicans are still marching in lockstep with each hand on the guy in front's shoulder. The Republican phalanx has been their greatest strength for so long that it's now the only thing they have.
It failed them in 2008 for the first time, and will fail again in this election.

The usual Repub fear tactics failed last time, too. They'll haul out everything from the fear warehouse once more, and once more, it will fail. Everybody's already plenty scared.

Hope is more fundamentally vitalizing than fear, and I believe it will rule once more.

Hope can go hand in hand with anger, just like fear does, but fear holds no promises for a brighter day ahead. The election may get real nasty, but I have no doubt that Obama will win again.
Fear is the Obama team's only weapon. Ironically, your post is all about fear-fear of actual change, and fear of the boogeymen Republicans.

Preach on banjomike. Unfortunately for you, the one thing you and your boss can't run away from is Obama's record of failure.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:08 PM

247 posts, read 575,965 times
how about newt/cain? or Romney/cain I dont know much about politics, however ive become very interested lately for some reason and now I cant wait to watch the debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections