Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:34 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,914,493 times

Advertisements

has happened numerous times already.

first it was trump. media started talking about him and at one time he was in first place in a rasmussen poll.

then it was cain.media started talking about him and he was tied for first in iowa for a period of time.

then it was bachmann. media started talking about her and she has now catapulted to second in a rasumssen poll.

now its rick perry i hear, and what a coincidence, but now everybody is talking about him on this forum and hes polling high in iowa.

the media determines who is credible and who is not.

we the people then take there lead and support who they say to support, and stay away from the non credible candidate since the media says too.

ive seen many people on this forum follow this pattern, including myself.

i just have the balls to admit it. i jumped from cain to bachmann, and it coincided when the media began talking about her more and more.

rick perry this rick perry that is all because of the media. people like they normally do are just carrying the medias water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

first it was trump. media started talking about him and at one time he was in first place in a rasmussen poll.

then it was cain.media started talking about him and he was tied for first in iowa for a period of time.

then it was bachmann. media started talking about her and she has now catapulted to second in a rasumssen poll.

now its rick perry i hear, and what a coincidence, but now everybody is talking about him on this forum and hes polling high in iowa.

we the people then take there lead and support who they say to support, and stay away from the non credible candidate since the media says too.

i just have the balls to admit it. i jumped from cain to bachmann, and it coincided when the media began talking about her more and more.

rick perry this rick perry that is all because of the media. people like they normally do are just carrying the medias water.
And how many times I've been called tinfoiler, kook, and had black helicopters posted as replies to my posts for saying that? Glad to see you're beginning to see the light Even in 2008 I supported Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel over Obama. I only voted for Obama because by then those 2 had dropped out when the primary reached PA.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 07-04-2011 at 04:42 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And how many times I've been called tinfoiler, kook, and had black helicopters posted as replies to my posts for saying that? Glad to see you're beginning to see the light
you yuorself have jumped candidates though.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,936,779 times
It's nice that you acknowledge it. If you've put your faith in Bachmann, expect to jump ship again in the near future.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
I don't know why you would "jump" on anyone. Sit back, watch the drama unfold, do more listening instead of cheerleading, and in the end you can cast a vote that probably won't matter anyway. LOL

The problem is people take politicians personally.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
you yuorself have jumped candidates though.
Yes, I'm guilty of that as well. But I make it clear that in terms of mainstream candidates only, I would vote for X or Y. But Ron Paul will have my vote if he sticks to the PA primary and I'll be supporting him throughout the primary. My first voting choice is going to be Ron Paul always, but I have my "backups" is what I'm saying

Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM

185 posts, read 159,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know why you would "jump" on anyone. Sit back, watch the drama unfold, do more listening instead of cheerleading, and in the end you can cast a vote that probably won't matter anyway. LOL

The problem is people take politicians personally.
Well said.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Unless we get up and read and monitor the roll call vote for every bill, unless we watch CSPAN around the clock, unless they've all written books and unless we've been subscribing to local newspapers in their home states, we have to rely on the media to tell us who is running, who is thinking about it and what they have to say on the issues.

Armed with that basic information, it's up to us to do the research to see if they've walked the walk not just talked the talk and make sure we get the rest of our info from the horse's mouth in the form of interviews, videos, debates.

When a new candidate enters the race think of it like a new girl coming into the corner bar. If you are a guy, you are excited and interested...after you see her for 6 months and get to know her better, ahhhh maybe not so much.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Unless we get up and read and monitor the roll call vote for every bill, unless we watch CSPAN around the clock, unless they've all written books and unless we've been subscribing to local newspapers in their home states, we have to rely on the media to tell us who is running, who is thinking about it and what they have to say on the issues.

Armed with that basic information, it's up to us to do the research to see if they've walked the walk not just talked the talk and make sure we get the rest of our info from the horse's mouth in the form of interviews, videos, debates.

When a new candidate enters the race think of it like a new girl coming into the corner bar. If you are a guy, you are excited and interested...after you see her for 6 months and get to know her better, ahhhh maybe not so much.
you are the same as well. you jumped to rick perry.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:

I just hope they never start talking about Obama, if its the case. we dont want anybody behind him. God help us all if Obama get another 4 years!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections