Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:09 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

I will likely be voting for a Texan for POTUS in 2012 but the name will not be Perry, it will be Paul!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I will likely be voting for a Texan for POTUS in 2012 but the name will not be Perry, it will be Paul!
MOgal, If Perry is pandering to illegals....I will fight with gusto to help keep him from taking residence in the White House.

If Perry is ANYTHING like that fraud former prez, George W Bush, who got us in much of the mess we find now....I hope and pray the American voters recognize we DON'T want anymore of that deceitful style Government.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM

93 posts, read 73,823 times
Perry, the dumb version of G Dubya.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
If Perry is ANYTHING like that fraud former prez, George W Bush, who got us in much of the mess we find now....I hope and pray the American voters recognize we DON'T want anymore of that deceitful style Government.
Pretty much every candidate except Ron Paul on the Republican side is similar to GWB... If you really want a change from neo-con policies than I'd recommend voting for a candidate like Paul.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Pretty much every candidate except Ron Paul on the Republican side is similar to GWB... If you really want a change from neo-con policies than I'd recommend voting for a candidate like Paul.
Paul comes accross (to me) as kind of kooky.....no malice intended....just being honest.

But, here's my deal on him regarding being elected. Paul can't win.

I might not be the sharpest tack there is.....but I know from his past history in politics....the majority of the country don't take him seriously. Don't blame me...but that's clear.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Paul comes accross (to me) as kind of kooky.....no malice intended....just being honest.

I might not be the sharpest tack there is.....but I know from his past history in politics....the majority of the country don't take him seriously. Don't blame me...but that's clear.
I think you may be wrong about this one. The tea party movement sprang up because of Paul, and they have quite a large following now. Most of the republican politicians are now trying to change their previous political standings so that they align with those of Ron Paul (i.e. limited federal spending, tax cuts, less involvement in foreign wars, troop reductions, pro-life, states rights). With the economy in shambles and our debt spiraling out of control due to Keynesian economic strategy, I think the country is realizing that Ron Paul was right when before the economic crisis he predicted it would occur and that our large deficit would lead to further economic problems down the line. Kind of funny looking back on how right Paul was on these things...

Don't know why people would consider him a "kook"-- kind of sad in our society that if you aren't for spending trillions helping "police the world" you are considered a "kook"
Or that if you think cutting federal spending more than 0.5% is a good idea you are considered a "kook"

If Paul can't win, I wonder why he is on top of google trends and is landing at the top of every single online poll, wonder why he won the two straw polls of republican candidates we've had so far, wonder why he blew away the other candidates in a Time magazine poll (he polled at 70% and Romney polled at 20%), wonder why a poll was released that said Texas voters preferred him over Rick Perry and the other candidates... I wouldn't listen to who Fox News says you should vote for and instead consider researching the candidates yourself and making an informed decision.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM

313 posts, read 833,977 times
Quote:

I used to believe this too. But Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that is running for the people. He has a track record to prove it. I am so tired of all the promises, all the lies and getting the same thing over and over again. Ron Paul says and then does what he says. You know what you are getting.

Ron Paul can't win if people don't believe in him. I believe in him and I will put in 100% effort to get him elected. Just think if everyone put in that effort, he WOULD win. He is doing incredibly well this time around. We are all waking up to the manipulation of the media. He wins polls and the media ignores it or discredits it. There has to be a reason the media does not like him!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I think you may be wrong about this one. The tea party movement sprang up because of Paul, and they have quite a large following now. Most of the republican politicians are now trying to change their previous political standings so that they align with those of Ron Paul (i.e. limited federal spending, tax cuts, less involvement in foreign wars, troop reductions, pro-life, states rights). With the economy in shambles and our debt spiraling out of control due to Keynesian economic strategy, I think the country is realizing that Ron Paul was right when before the economic crisis he predicted it would occur and that our large deficit would lead to further economic problems down the line. Kind of funny looking back on how right Paul was on these things...

Don't know why people would consider him a "kook"-- kind of sad in our society that if you aren't for spending trillions helping "police the world" you are considered a "kook"
Or that if you think cutting federal spending more than 0.5% is a good idea you are considered a "kook"

If Paul can't win, I wonder why he is on top of google trends and is landing at the top of every single online poll, wonder why he won the two straw polls of republican candidates we've had so far, wonder why he blew away the other candidates in a Time magazine poll (he polled at 70% and Romney polled at 20%), wonder why a poll was released that said Texas voters preferred him over Rick Perry and the other candidates... I wouldn't listen to who Fox News says you should vote for and instead consider researching the candidates yourself and making an informed decision.
The Republicans will NEVER nominate this 76 year old....controvesial man.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
Perry, the dumb version of G Dubya.
I would love to know what you are basing your rediculous statement on? Only a scared lib would stoop to making statements that can not be backed up. you are worried are you? Of course not, because you have your head back in Ca.

Nita

Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The Republicans will NEVER nominate this 76 year old....controvesial man.
What are you basing this on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections