Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wow. That's a great reason to not support a leader you like. Nobody else knows about him and he's not a slick robot.
did I say I would not support him? I said he doesn't stand a chance and I think he will be one of the first to drop out because he will not have the money to campaign. I never said I would or would not support him. You are reading something into my statement that just isn't true.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
did I say I would not support him? I said he doesn't stand a chance and I think he will be one of the first to drop out because he will not have the money to campaign. I never said I would or would not support him. You are reading something into my statement that just isn't true.

NIta
OK, do you support him in the primary? Are you sending money to his campaign in Iowa and/or New Hampshire (assuming you can afford it)? It seems like you are not yet supporting any Republican candidates but I have seen you defending all of them in various threads. I'm just wondering where you stand. You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, you know.

All I've gathered is that you don't like Obama and are not yet backing a Republican candidate. Welcome to the Republican crowd. They don't like Obama and don't like their candidates.

If I am wrong and you support ONE of your candidates in the primary (you know, that means only ONE can win), feel free to say so.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
OK, do you support him in the primary? Are you sending money to his campaign in Iowa and/or New Hampshire (assuming you can afford it)? It seems like you are not yet supporting any Republican candidates but I have seen you defending all of them in various threads. I'm just wondering where you stand. You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, you know.

All I've gathered is that you don't like Obama and are not yet backing a Republican candidate. Welcome to the Republican crowd. They don't like Obama and don't like their candidates.

If I am wrong and you support ONE of your candidates in the primary (you know, that means only ONE can win), feel free to say so.
Am I sending money to him? No, will I vote for him in the primary? That depends, if he is still in the running and Perry does not run, probably. Have I completely made up my mind? You are right, I have not. Yes, I do defend most Republicans, not because I support them or would even vote for them, but I hate the negative, childish slams, regardless who one is slamming. I also like to keep an open mind. Does this help clarify where I stand.

As for standing for something, beleive me, I certainly do stand for a lot of things. I also do not think any candidate has everything right, but I can overlook some issues if the overall picture fits what I would like in my next President. I will add, there are a few issues I would have trouble overlooking.

Nita

Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Ron Paul quitting his job. Won't seek reelection. The lure of FOX I guess.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
what is that all about?

Nita

Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what is that all about?

Nita
Sometimes Florida.Bob forgets to take his medication...

Old 07-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why yes of course.
Because the neocons over there just love him so much . . .

Ron Paul ->

Ron Paul on Fox ->

Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Why yes of course.
Because the neocons over there just love him so much . . .

Ron Paul ->

Ron Paul on Fox ->
can't rep you, but that is a good one.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
How about his son, Senator Rand Paul from Kentucky. I think he is following in his Father's footsteps quite well, despite how giant those footprints are!
I agree! I'd vote for him in a second. I think he sees the country through the eyes of the average American. He can RELATE. He knows right from wrong and he calls a Spade a Spade. You only need to listen to a couple of his addresses to committees in Congress to see that he isn't afraid to speak his mind. The way he speaks ie VERY convincing too.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ron is a respectable libertarian, Rand is a tea party hack that has for the most part just trying to make a name from himself and causing waves to use as fodder for a 2016 run.
riiiiight like been the one with a budget that was actual cuts and not just "less increases".

or the one who had the guts to stand up to Obama, using Obamas own words on war mongering against him for going into Libya.

In his very very short Senatorial career, he has called both parties out for their hypocrisy and has been impressive. I don't think you've paid close attention to him.
Two days ago.
"I hope I’m wrong, but it seems the establishment is pushing a backroom “deal” to raise the debt limit without really changing the way Washington works.
On one day, Speaker Boehner is rumored to be including tax hikes in the deal. Then, the reports turn to a deal to cut small, unspecified, unenforceable amounts in the future.
Both deals are wrong, and both deals are shams. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections