Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Perry barely squeaked over the finish line for a 3rd term as governor. Just because Texas doesn't have term limits doesn't mean you need to be a dictator and not budge. 8 years is long enough for ANY candidate Republican or Democrat.

He'd probably want to change the rules so he could stay in the White House longer.
wow, 55% or actually 54.9% of the vote is barely squeaking by: that is news to the news makers I am sure. BTW, this is not about the laws on term limits, many of us would agree about that, but as long as the laws are in place, why shouldn't a candidate take advantage of them? I don't get your reasoning.

As for being a dictator? could you tell us why you feel that way with examples that you can back up?

Would he want to change the laws so he could stay in the White House longer? Who knows, but this would not be up to him anyway, thus you, again, are making little sense.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Although I am for either Romney or Pawlenty at this time, it is becoming more and more obvious to me that Bachman is clearing a path to win the GOP primary. And make no mistake, she can win the primary because so many of the early states are hard right states. And make no mistake, if she wins the primary, the GOP will fall to a historic defeat in November which will result in 4 more years of the country being essentially leaderless. There is no scenario in which Bachman can win a general election. She is far too radical. People can say what they want but I already saw this movie here in Nevada which is why the country is stuck with Harry Reid for 6 more years. I honestly do not think the country can survive 4 more years like the last 2 years. I am also starting to think that neither Romney or Pawlenty has what it takes to win the GOP primary. Honestly I am praying Perry gets in. He is really the only candidate I see that can win the GOP primary and go on to defeat Obama in November. Hopefully he will decide he cares enough about America to jump in. If he does, he will rocket to front runner the first day. We need him.

Until Perry says he is running and actually gets some money to run then we can discuss the reality of his record.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Between Lyndon Johnson and George W. Bush, I've had my fill of Texas Presidents.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Note to the GOP...

Please make your 2012 ticket Perry/Bachmann.
That would be the scariest ticket in history. Let's see, first thing they'd do is have a church steeple erected on top of the white house. Can they fit a second desk in the VP's office for her looney husband who makes all decisions for her?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
That would be the scariest ticket in history. Let's see, first thing they'd do is have a church steeple erected on top of the white house. Can they fit a second desk in the VP's office for her looney husband who makes all decisions for her?

Apparently Perry has just heard "The Call" .... HEEEAAALLLAH! Ernest Angley would be proud.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Only Perry can save the GOP and the USA from Obama

Oh my: Perry edges Obama in North Carolina poll « Hot Air
Quote:
Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry leads Barack Obama 45 percent to 42 percent among North Carolina voters in a potential presidential matchup, according to a new poll released by the Civitas Institute.
Jim Geraghty notes that this is a poll of registered voters rather than likely voters.

An Unannounced-candidate leads Obama.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 PM

263 posts, read 626,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is the country ready for another rightwing Christian fundamentalist yeehaw president? Here are some highlights of Texas Governor Rick Perry's 10 years in office:
Progressive Eruptions: RICK PERRY FOR PRESIDENT?

Texas Govenor Rick Perry Has Gone Off The Religious Deep End
Texas Govenor Rick Perry Has Gone Off The Religious Deep End
The Country is NOT ready for another big Texan, no sir!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think those who are behind Paul should keep it up. But if and when he does not get the nomination I hope they will bring themselves to support the candidate that is our Republican choice regardless of who it is.

Nita
NO! That is what always happens. The "republican" or "democratic" candidate stands for the STATUS QUO. The country simply can NOT HANDLE MORE OF THE SAME!

Please, if you don't vote for Ron Paul vote for a third party candidate. A vote for Obama or the Republican candidate other than Ron Paul is a vote for more bad things to come--- because these candidates will have their campaigns paid for by the special interests. We need GOOD things for a change.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:22 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
So, I sense we have reached a time when NO man is reliable.
Glad to meet someone who gets it and understands why the founding fathers designed this country to have the gridlock we enjoy.

Imagine a country without gridlock, one where a single party could make way for innovation and a strong leader could get things done. Reminds me of Joseph Stalin of the Soviet Union.

skoro,

I fed your post through the time machine and it came up with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Note to the GOP...

Please make your 1980 ticket Reagan/Bush.
Be careful for what you wish for, people are really ticked.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I like him. Especially telling Obama and Mexico to mind their own businss.

Perry is the only potential candidate who can marry Tea Party rhetoric and Texas swagger with executive success. Yes, Texas has its troubles, but job creation hasn't been one of them. In a year where economy trumps all, this is Perry's ace card. In New Orleans, Perry reminded his listeners that Texas has seen nearly half of all new job growth in the country and that the state's budget has been balanced over the past two years.
But, what makes him an attractive candidate in the primary -- his Tea Party talking points and Lone Star State attitude -- make him vulnerable in a general election. Then there's the fact that despite his years in the political spotlight, his ten-year record as governor of Texas has yet to be seriously vetted on the national stage.Texas Two-Step: Rick Perry Flirts With 2012 Candidacy (The Note) - The Note
Rick "Bailout" Perry is by no means Tea Party. He's about as much Tea Party as barrack Obama. Bailing out big business, forced inoculation of children. He is big government all the way. Anyone who follows his policies and not his grandstanding knows this.
Rick Perry Tea Party??? LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections