Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times

Advertisements

Dear God is this really the best the GOP can do??? Four more years of Obama if this moron becomes the candidate!!She helped sink the ticket last election,that's how failure is rewarded??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Is Sarah Palin Ready to Announce Nomination Decision? - International Business Times

Is Sarah Palin Ready to Announce Nomination Decision?
July 14, 2011 4:35 AM

After Sarah Palin's interview with Newsweek last weekend, speculation has intensified that Sarah Plain is ready to throw her name into the ring for the Republican nomination for the right to challenge President Obama for the White House. Sarah Palin has given a rough timetable as to when she will make her decision; fuelling speculation that Palin is now working behind the scenes to raise the capital that she will need to fight both a Republican nomination election as well as the Presidential election in November 2012. Palin is confident she can defeat Michele Bachmann and Mitt Romney to the nomination.
Yes, and I'm confident I can win and become the next UFC Heavy Weight Champion!

Just because I have limited talent, minimal experience and am the wrong weight doesn't mean anything.

After all, I'm strong for my size and not only did I get into fist fights when I was a teenager, I wrestled on the official high school team. I also know a lot of Russians so I have exellent foreign fighters experience.

Besides I'm snarky and doggone it, people like me!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Palin matters little

Palin was silent after President Obama orchestrated the killing of bin Laden, a man Bush and Republicans couldn't touch. Now she has emerged to give the usual GOP talking points.

I hope this pathetic you betcha dingbat does enter the race. It would be interesting watching the two female racists, her and Bachmann, fight each other, while defending themselves against attacks from the other bigoted GOP losers who are running.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Dear God is this really the best the GOP can do??? Four more years of Obama if this moron becomes the candidate!!She helped sink the ticket last election,that's how failure is rewarded??
get over it: anyone that is qualified can run, this has nothing to do with eithre party. Now, if she ran and got the nomination then I would agree.

Nita

Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Is Sarah Palin Ready to Announce Nomination Decision?
July 14, 2011 4:35 AM
I hope she will.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
She had little to do with the sinking of the ticket last time around. McCain was as weak a candidate as we could have had, Obama was a brilliant campaigner (I am not sure it will work this time) and the American people were fed up with the old administration. Young people voted in scores compared to years in the past: they thought Obama was another Kennedy. Of course they knew nothing about Kennedy really and certainly nothing about Obama.

Nita

Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I have read zero stories of any organization on the ground for Palin in Iowa or New Hampshire so I must conclude she has no plans to run no matter how much she talks about a future decision.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have read zero stories of any organization on the ground for Palin in Iowa or New Hampshire so I must conclude she has no plans to run no matter how much she talks about a future decision.
Isn't 4 or 5 months plenty of time to organize? Big mistake to assume or speculate.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
She had little to do with the sinking of the ticket last time around. McCain was as weak a candidate as we could have had, Obama was a brilliant campaigner (I am not sure it will work this time) and the American people were fed up with the old administration. Young people voted in scores compared to years in the past: they thought Obama was another Kennedy. Of course they knew nothing about Kennedy really and certainly nothing about Obama.

Nita
This one makes sense to me!

All that other bumph about Palin being a quitter, a ding-a-ling with no experience etc., comes from where exactly?

She actually performed brilliantly as a governor; unlike others who've either never sat in a big chair OR any chair for that matter. Easy to play a Donald Trump if you're not having to pay the freight.

McCain was the ditz in the picture the last go-round. Forgot his voting base demographic and completely misjudged how narrow his appeal was to voters.

I'm going to ask a question here: given today's events over this debt ceiling and the partisanship brinksmanship shown by both parties; how do you think she'd have handled this given her experience/performance with handling the likes of Exxon etc..

Now what have ANY of the alternates shown you that would give you more confidence?

You've tried hitching your wagon to a VERY polished and glib speaking style with very little experience or substance and how's that been working for ya?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
All that other bumph about Palin being a quitter, a ding-a-ling with no experience etc., comes from where exactly?
From her quitting as governor. What else can we say about it? If you want to be a good president, you can't just up and quit in the middle of your term.

As for no experience, I think she has plenty of experience actually. Much more than Obama had when he was elected. She was a mayor and governor...

Now as for her being stupid-- that probably comes from her dropping out of college a bunch and going to 5 different (crappy) schools to complete her degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections