Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
She was only a tax attorney becasue she was obeying her husband...

Michele Bachmann claims to be submissive to her husband.
""Why should I go and do something like that?" she recalled thinking. "But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "

I wonder what Bachmann and other religious freaks make of single women?
Especially successful single women who, unlike Bachmann, are intelligent enough, strong enough, to take care of themselves, make their own decisions.

Wonder what she thinks of happy married couples where both spouses show each other the respect of treating each other as equals?

Mostly I wonder why anyone would back. as presidential, an incompetent doormat who can't think for herself and her husband would be the actual President but hasn't the honesty or backbone to run?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""Why should I go and do something like that?" she recalled thinking. "But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "

I wonder what Bachmann and other religious freaks make of single women?
Especially successful single women who, unlike Bachmann, are intelligent enough, strong enough, to take care of themselves, make their own decisions.

Wonder what she thinks of happy married couples where both spouses show each other the respect of treating each other as equals?

Mostly I wonder why anyone would back. as presidential, an incompetent doormat who can't think for herself and her husband would be the actual President but hasn't the honesty or backbone to run?????
Do you think Bachmann has become more successful than most single women?

(I mean she is being considered for the presidency and all...)

Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Do you think Bachmann has become more successful than most single women?

(I mean she is being considered for the presidency and all...)
No, do you think politics is the only profession in the world?
I got news.....it isn't, there are many women who have achieved as much success, or more, in other fields....ON THEIR OWN.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Oh you poor Yanks!!!! Nowhere else in the civilized world would this woman be considered anything but the nut she is but in the good old US of A she is actually considered by some to be presidential material??????? No wonder your country is failing.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
No, do you think politics is the only profession in the world?
I got news.....it isn't, there are many women who have achieved as much success, or more, in other fields....ON THEIR OWN.
And you think single women are smarter than married women?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
No. Please point out exaclty where I said that.....I didn't.

You're squirming......

Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:

You're squirming......
I don't like Bachmann as a candidate, but from your posts I see a seething hatred for the woman. Just can't figure out why...

Is it because she is a woman who takes advice from her husband? (You know, most married woman do sometimes take advice from their husbands?)

Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

You're squirming......
Quote:
I don't like Bachmann as a candidate, but from your posts I see a seething hatred for the woman. Just can't figure out why...

Is it because she is a woman who takes advice from her husband? (You know, most married woman do sometimes take advice from their husbands?)
You have missed the point so , floundering, you fall back on the "if you criticize someone I like you must be seething with hatred" lame excuse.

Nowhere do I express hatred for Bachmann.

Do YOU seeth with hatred for everyone you don't like? You should really quit, hatred isn't healthy!!!!

You are squirming away from the point if, to you, my feeelings are relevent.

Michelle Bachmann :

"""""Why should I go and do something like that?" she recalled thinking. "But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "

Now , I will address your POST even though you can't address mine.

Michelle didn't say she takes ADVICE from her husband...she OBEYS her husband ....

OK, do you know the difference between two people who respect each other AS EQUALS giving and taking advice regardless of their sex.....as opposed to one sex taking orders from another sex based on sex alone.

There is a BIG difference but may be too deep for some.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
"""""Why should I go and do something like that?" she recalled thinking. "But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "
Let me ask you, do you think she had no free will to choose otherwise?

Lets not be ridiculous...

I don't believe she was following "orders" from her husband. I think a lot of voters probably agree with me.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Let me ask you, do you think she had no free will to choose otherwise?

Lets not be ridiculous...

I don't believe she was following "orders" from her husband. I think a lot of voters probably agree with me.
A direct quote from Bachmann's mouth:

"""Why should I go and do something like that?" she recalled thinking. "But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.' "

That sounds like no free will to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections