U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
 
4,089 posts, read 6,423,066 times
Reputation: 4182

Advertisements

Michele Bachmann hides religious extremist views and wins CNN GOP debate, but that's about to change | Crooks and Liars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,746,708 times
Reputation: 1290
What a reliable source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 7,599,395 times
Reputation: 3309
Crooks and Liars

When did the DNC come out and name their website after their members?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 AM
 
5,334 posts, read 6,143,884 times
Reputation: 2640
No refutation of the content, I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Da Region
1,906 posts, read 1,347,633 times
Reputation: 24828
Didn't read the article, but I heard on NPR yesterday that she's greatly underestimated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,565,872 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Didn't read the article, but I heard on NPR yesterday that she's greatly underestimated.
HOW is she underestimated?

Is she secretly sane?


Does she secretly make her own decisions as opposed to being told what to do by that flaky husband of hers as she has stated?


Is it the enormous amount of money she gets from other countries?

Is it that there really are whackadoodle racist, sexist, WealthyWorshipping nutjobs in greater numbers than I realize?

If that's the case I'm glad (again) that I'm old and won't live to see this country as a Third World entity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Chicago
865 posts, read 573,666 times
Reputation: 270
What is it exactly that people like about Bachmann(I'm asking her supporters here, not someone who wants to generalize for someone else)? I have to ask this here, because I can't find anyone in real life that supports her, and believe me, I have tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Da Region
1,906 posts, read 1,347,633 times
Reputation: 24828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
HOW is she underestimated?

Is she secretly sane?


Does she secretly make her own decisions as opposed to being told what to do by that flaky husband of hers as she has stated?


Is it the enormous amount of money she gets from other countries?

Is it that there really are whackadoodle racist, sexist, WealthyWorshipping nutjobs in greater numbers than I realize?

If that's the case I'm glad (again) that I'm old and won't live to see this country as a Third World entity.
From the website
A Look At Rep. Bachmann : NPR

NORRIS: Do people underestimate Michele Bachmann?

Prof. JACOBS: Michele Bachmann may be the most underestimated candidate in the Republican field right now. I think there's a tendency not to take her seriously. But I've seen are now carve out a leadership role in Congress on the national scene.
This is a very sophisticated, smart, political strategist. And as I look at the calendar, it looks to me as if this is a Michele Bachmann calendar, in which she could very do well win the Iowa Caucuses, and broadening her message to a fiscal conservative, libertarian message that will to her quite well in New Hampshire. And as she moves down to South Carolina, if she were able to do well and win Iowa and New Hampshire, I think she could well be the frontrunner.

The transcript doesn't read well. I dont remember the interview sounding like that. There is also an option to listen to the story at the website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
 
4,089 posts, read 6,423,066 times
Reputation: 4182
MadeInAmerica,

The same question was asked about Palin and a major TV network talk show. One journalist answered by saying that there are Americans that do not want to see anyone elected who is smarter than they are. She was indicating that Palin is an airhead but some people like people that can relate to.

My own experience with voters scares the hell out of me. Several years ago a I went with a friend, his wife, and daughter to go vote. Afterwards on the drive home we talked about the candidates and why we voted for them. I asked his daughter who she voted for and she replied, "Bush", and that was contrary to the rest of our choices. I asked why and she said, "I just didn't like the way the other guy looked." Another incident happen to me in NC and while distributing political flyers near a church, (not on Sunday), a older woman came from the church and told me, "save your breath, we all vote just like the preacher tells us to vote."

I am opposed to Bachmann, but she is backed by the tea party. The tea party is 18% of the people, who are over 45, 90% white, mostly from the south, earning over $50k, 80% conservative, and almost 50% evangelicals. Bachmann has already stated she will abolish the NY gay rights law if elected. She has an evangelical christian agenda. All we have to do is to look at GW Bush's presidency to see the results of a christian president. Bush claimed to be a born-again christian. He claimed that God spoke to him. (If you or I told anyone that we would find ourselves held for 72 hours for a mental evaluation). With all that he declared war on a country that had nothing to do with the attack of 9/11. During the Iraqi war 5000 Americans died, thousands were disabled, and 500k - one million Iraqis killed. It makes you wonder what it was that God said to Bush.

I believe in the firm separation of church and state. All political candidates should check their religious beliefs at the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 AM
 
15,736 posts, read 9,257,235 times
Reputation: 14227
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
MadeInAmerica,

The same question was asked about Palin and a major TV network talk show. One journalist answered by saying that there are Americans that do not want to see anyone elected who is smarter than they are. She was indicating that Palin is an airhead but some people like people that can relate to.

My own experience with voters scares the hell out of me. Several years ago a I went with a friend, his wife, and daughter to go vote. Afterwards on the drive home we talked about the candidates and why we voted for them. I asked his daughter who she voted for and she replied, "Bush", and that was contrary to the rest of our choices. I asked why and she said, "I just didn't like the way the other guy looked." Another incident happen to me in NC and while distributing political flyers near a church, (not on Sunday), a older woman came from the church and told me, "save your breath, we all vote just like the preacher tells us to vote."

I am opposed to Bachmann, but she is backed by the tea party. The tea party is 18% of the people, who are over 45, 90% white, mostly from the south, earning over $50k, 80% conservative, and almost 50% evangelicals. Bachmann has already stated she will abolish the NY gay rights law if elected. She has an evangelical christian agenda. All we have to do is to look at GW Bush's presidency to see the results of a christian president. Bush claimed to be a born-again christian. He claimed that God spoke to him. (If you or I told anyone that we would find ourselves held for 72 hours for a mental evaluation). With all that he declared war on a country that had nothing to do with the attack of 9/11. During the Iraqi war 5000 Americans died, thousands were disabled, and 500k - one million Iraqis killed. It makes you wonder what it was that God said to Bush.

I believe in the firm separation of church and state. All political candidates should check their religious beliefs at the door.
What a bunch of bull.
The President can't interfere in NY's gay rights law. It's a state issue.
We have a christian President now. Or are you saying he isn't?
The use of "claimed" repeatedly is an attempt to diminish Bush's faith. Typical Liberal tactic.
He declared nothing. Congress did.
Conveniently ignoring the current leader's attack on Libya, without Congress' approval. And how many MORE soldiers have been killed under his watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top