Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post

I can't help but suspect the GOP will do the same thing with the presidential election.
Not clear your point here? Please elaborate a little....exactly what you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Not clear your point here? Please elaborate a little....exactly what you mean?
They will nominate a candidate that is too conservative for the majority of the U.S population.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
They will nominate a candidate that is too conservative for the majority of the U.S population.
You are probably right. In that sense...they are in a predicament.

But...will it even matter....since ''a change'' is so desperately NEEDED?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Hope you continue being honest. Sometimes...you made me wonder. - Example; saying I promoted Rick Perry. I DID NOT.

Well if it wasn't you maybe there is another "quality guy" that started the "Rick Perry deserves a close look" thread. In that initial thread you said you'd be giving Rick Perry your "loyal attention".

But it's ok. Maybe you have come to your senses and will at least vote for a third party or Gary Johnson if you don't vote for Ron Paul. You must have figured out that Rick Perry is nothing but a would be puppet for the Bilderberg Group as you must know he was invited to their last meeting in Switzerland last month.

You also must know that all of our recent past Repubilcan and Democratic presidential nominees ie McCain, Obama, Bush, Clinton have been invited to Bilderberg Group meetings. Then when they get elected, after promising the world to their constituents, they become puppets to the Bilderberg elites and just carry out their agenda which is mostly 180 degrees diametrically opposed to what they promised their constituents in the campaign.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well if it wasn't you maybe there is another "quality guy" that started the "Rick Perry deserves a close look" thread. In that initial thread you said you'd be giving Rick Perry your "loyal attention".

But it's ok. Maybe you have come to your senses and will at least vote for a third party or Gary Johnson if you don't vote for Ron Paul. You must have figured out that Rick Perry is nothing but a would be puppet for the Bilderberg Group as you must know he was invited to their last meeting in Switzerland last month.

You also must know that all of our recent past Repubilcan and Democratic presidential nominees ie McCain, Obama, Bush, Clinton have been invited to Bilderberg Group meetings. Then when they get elected, after promising the world to their constituents, they become puppets to the Bilderberg elites and just carry out their agenda which is mostly 180 degrees diametrically opposed to what they promised their constituents in the campaign.
I didn't know any of what you just informed me...and the rest of the 'Free world''...of. Very clever...you are, Em....using your 'innocent' style, still trying to 'tie' me to Rick Perry.....and then giving another 'lecture' ...and endosement ...i.e., promo.

But, I'll be direct, No current Republican candidate is a serious threat to beat Obama.'

You need to get that point across, Em.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
You are probably right. In that sense...they are in a predicament.

But...will it even matter....since ''a change'' is so desperately NEEDED?
Yes, but a good change, which is not what ideologues are typically capable of providing.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM

321 posts, read 362,913 times
It will be a shame if Ron Paul does not win the Republican Nomination. He is one of the very few politicians who hasn't flip flopped on his core beliefs ever.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
How many people will vote republican after they have held the country hostage attempting to line the pockets of the rich with the blood of seniors, veterans, the disabled, and children? I am sure that 50 million seniors will remember the underhanded tactics of the republicans threatening to reduce or eliminate Social Security and Medicare. The republicans have made it clear that they are the party of the rich, the ******* of corporations, and the sluts of industry.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Companies are making record profits, yet they aren't hiring or giving raises. That does not bode well for Republicans.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
have held the country hostage attempting to line the pockets of the rich with the blood of seniors, veterans, the disabled, and children? I am sure that 50 million seniors will remember the underhanded tactics of the republicans threatening to reduce or eliminate Social Security and Medicare.

From my view...it is obvious that Mr. Obama has the most to lose with his reckless statement, i.e., threat... that he can't guarantee the SSI and dis-ability checks after August 3.

Everyone I talked with regarding Obama's statement...think that will damage any chance he might have had....of getting any support from those over 60 million folks....ever AGAIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections