Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have not heard him sound evasive. Show me where you have found him to be evasive. You made that up too.
Coming clean on true beliefs? LMAO You made that up too. He's been more open, transparent and consistent than any candidate running.

As a matter of fact you cannot back up ONE THING you've said about Ron Paul in this thread, so why keep commenting?
You are trying to provoke a ''personal attack''....aren't you, pal?

I have made NOTHING UP. You have a 'problem' with the truth!

Like I said awhile back, ''this ain't my first rodeo.''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I heard this same thing in 1980. It didn't work then.
America saw there is so much wisdom with age.
yes, we all remember it, if we were old enough to vote but there were several differences in the two men: 1-Reagan was almost 10 years younger than Paul when he was elected the first time (8 to be exact) he had charm and a wonderful way with words and he had been governor of Ca for 8 years.
The three arguments you hear over and over about Paul: age, lack of charisma and has served as a congressman but not in an executive position.
Nita

Old 07-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, we all remember it, if we were old enough to vote but there were several differences in the two men: 1-Reagan was almost 10 years younger than Paul when he was elected the first time (8 to be exact) he had charm and a wonderful way with words and he had been governor of Ca for 8 years.
The three arguments you hear over and over about Paul: age, lack of charisma and has served as a congressman but not in an executive position.
Nita
Okay, let's be REAL; there are miles of difference between Reagan and Paul....and you noted a couple of key ones, nita.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You are trying to provoke a ''personal attack''....aren't you, pal?
no I'm not, pal. I asked you to back up what you said. You still have not offered one bit of proof for your statements. Still waiting.

Quote:
I have made NOTHING UP. You have a 'problem' with the truth!
You have been unable to back those statements up with facts. Why should anyone believe them?

Quote:
Like I said awhile back, ''this ain't my first rodeo.''
And you were haven't learned a thing yet. Change horses. Yours has led you astray for too long.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
no I'm not, pal. I asked you to back up what you said. You still have not offered one bit of proof for your statements. Still waiting.

You have been unable to back those statements up with facts. Why should anyone believe them?

And you were haven't learned a thing yet. Change horses. Yours has led you astray for too long.

Prove I'm not right, pal. - LauraC nailed it. (below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's like asking me if the tooth fairy will leave a quarter or a dime under my pillow when I don't believe in the tooth fairy, making the coin question irrelevant. If Ron Paul finishes first and goes the distance, yes, but I don't see that ever happening. He had a REALLY weak field to compete against in 2008, and the same enthusiastic support from his followers, did he win ANY primaries before dropping out?
This isn't rocket science!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Well I admit the race is rigged, no news flash there though. However, RP is consistently straight forward, plain spoken and issue oriented among other things.

So someone thinking he is "hiding something" does sound odd to me, though everybody is certainly entitled to their opinions.

Shame so many people get shut out, people like Gary Johnson. They tightened things up after good old Perot.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 PM

190 posts, read 498,254 times
Sorry, but dedicated Ron Paul supporters are known to flood polls with votes so these numbers mean nothing.

RP is not president material and will never be elected IMO. The man is quite liberal on social issues which loses him the large Christian voting bloc instantly. I've noticed he also seems to lack confidence and appears at times to be defensive when attempting to clarify his positions. Image matters and his won't play in the heartland.

Worse still, many of Paul's followers are on the fringes of reality, believing absurd things such as 9/11 conspiracy theories. When asked if he agrees with those supporters RP never gave a direct answer but danced around it. Enough proof for me he isn't all there.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturegal View Post
Sorry, but dedicated Ron Paul supporters are known to flood polls with votes so these numbers mean nothing.

RP is not president material and will never be elected IMO. The man is quite liberal on social issues which loses him the large Christian voting bloc instantly. I've noticed he also seems to lack confidence and appears at times to be defensive when attempting to clarify his positions. Image matters and his won't play in the heartland.

Worse still, many of Paul's followers are on the fringes of reality, believing absurd things such as 9/11 conspiracy theories. When asked if he agrees with those supporters RP never gave a direct answer but danced around it. Enough proof for me he isn't all there.

Very compelling assessment. Are we related?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
The only problem with RP is that he has sold out to call himself a Repug and not the Libertarian he really is. repugs will have a rude awakening if they elect him.

You can expect the size of gov to be 1/3 of what it is now.

the Fed will be eliminated ( yea)

our economy will likely not be really strong for a while which would make him a 1 term president. Or the banking interests will kill him.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Thumbs up Paul picks up key Iowa endorsement ahead of Ames

Paul gets big endorsement ahead of crucial Iowa contest – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Ames, Iowa (CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has fresh bragging rights after picking up what is surely a coveted endorsement on Monday.
Cory Adams - the Republican chairman of Story County in Iowa – endorsed the Texas congressman's presidential bid at a campaign event in Ames, Iowa.

That's significant for a few reasons. Ames is the largest city in Story County, home to over 50,000 residents. And it is in this city that a widely-watched showdown between the GOP presidential candidates will play out on August 13. The Ames Straw Poll will test the candidates' popularity and could be a sign of their electability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections