Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:37 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, if you're saying your Republican candidates haven't progressed past the age of ten, you may have a point.

You're saying if someone is born in a city they can't be a president....now THAT'S a great way to pick a candidate.. Heaven forbid you should check their ADULT experience, platforms, ideas, published writing, debates, voting record, ....just whether or not they had an outhouse...OK! OMG! Republicans! LOL!
People who have lived in big cities all of their lives are bubble boys. Politicians and the national news media think think there are only urban issues and suburban, small town and rural issues are minor ones they have to deal with but it doesn't light the firecracker under their respective butts. I'm sick of it. If they are governors or mayors they probably live in big cities now but if they have ever lived anyplace else at least they know the entire US doesn't revolve around big city issues. Perhaps if they actually set foot in parts of flyover country when they weren't campaigning, they would know this and wouldn't think ideas and values of middle America are extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's important to me to know my candidate for President is not an urban bubble boy, that the issues of suburban, small town and rural America are ones he knows not that he read about in textbooks or saw portrayed on TV. I like Rudy Giuliani but for that reason, I could not vote for him.

Gingrich is also not fit to be president. His catholic new wife....(he dumped his former wife) and now counts himself a catholic. That is a more Un-Godly cult than any of the denoinations...

Like....he doesn't have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections