U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2011, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,315 posts, read 36,309,857 times
Reputation: 7100

Advertisements

In other words, this poll, as do the others, show obama cratering in approval.

Obama Loses Ground in 2012 Reelection Bid | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Quote:
The sizeable lead Barack Obama held over a generic Republican opponent in polls conducted earlier this year has vanished as his support among independent voters has fallen off.
Independents, the key to any election, have fled in droves.

Quote:
The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted July 20-24 among 1,501 adults and 1,205 registered voters finds that just 31% of independent voters want to see Obama reelected, down from 42% in May and 40% in March.
A 15 point reversal in favor of GOP.

Feast your eyes on this;

http://people-press.org/files/2011/07/elect-7.png

Who was saying obama is winning the debt limit fight?

He's tanking, everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
 
25,630 posts, read 26,874,876 times
Reputation: 22937
Need to keep the pressure on and crank it higher for 15 more months.

I want to hear: " You wont have Barack Hussen Obmmurs to kick around anymore" in 542 days on January 20th 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Riverside
4,092 posts, read 3,272,065 times
Reputation: 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In other words, this poll, as do the others, show obama cratering in approval.

Obama Loses Ground in 2012 Reelection Bid | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press



Independents, the key to any election, have fled in droves.



A 15 point reversal in favor of GOP.

Feast your eyes on this;

http://people-press.org/files/2011/07/elect-7.png

Who was saying obama is winning the debt limit fight?

He's tanking, everywhere.
The debt limit "fight" is between Boehner and the Tea Party. I think Boehner is sorry he ever started this mess.

Obama still has a chance of looking good, if he calls a halt and invokes the 14th Amendment. That would require balls, though, and I'm not sure he has any.

As for Obama's polls, you have to consider that some of that nose dive is from liberals (like me) who are disgusted that he isn't standing up to the bullies on the Right.

We Libs will come around, cuz we have no choice. The real battle will be for the Independents. If the GOP nominates a moderate (or at least someone who can pass for a moderate), and the economy stays bad or gets worse, Obama is toast.

If the economy improves (big if), it'll be close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 2,849,386 times
Reputation: 1357
sanrene is still dismissing the fact that this poll is essentially obama vs. a generic candidate.

i posted a fox news poll(that she lied about and said was a dem poll) that had obama matched up against every gop candidate.

the closest was romney within 6 points, 47 to 41.

i dont care that sanrene openly roots for the GOP. if she wants to be a GOP fan so be it.

just dont distort crap and come up with false realities and expect people to be dumb enough to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,315 posts, read 36,309,857 times
Reputation: 7100
This is my reality, the is the Pew poll, that has found obama bleeding Indies and losing big time the edge he had over republicans.

On every fiscal issue, he is underwater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
 
Location: London, UK
158 posts, read 102,923 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is my reality, the is the Pew poll, that has found obama bleeding Indies and losing big time the edge he had over republicans.

On every fiscal issue, he is underwater.
Really?

I woudn't think so. This is a single poll, more than 1 year before the election. In other words, it is meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
50,371 posts, read 25,510,201 times
Reputation: 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
Really?

I woudn't think so. This is a single poll, more than 1 year before the election. In other words, it is meaningless.



How do you see Obama gaining ground?

He can't go up, he can only go farther down.

Obama would have to flip totally Conservative to have a slight chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
17,921 posts, read 13,507,071 times
Reputation: 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is my reality, the is the Pew poll, that has found obama bleeding Indies and losing big time the edge he had over republicans.

On every fiscal issue, he is underwater.
The problem for the GOP is Obama isn't running against Generic Republican. He will be running against actual named Republicans, and in virtually every poll defeats those actual named Republicans....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 12:02 AM
 
2,086 posts, read 1,981,294 times
Reputation: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The debt limit "fight" is between Boehner and the Tea Party. I think Boehner is sorry he ever started this mess.

Obama still has a chance of looking good, if he calls a halt and invokes the 14th Amendment. That would require balls, though, and I'm not sure he has any.

As for Obama's polls, you have to consider that some of that nose dive is from liberals (like me) who are disgusted that he isn't standing up to the bullies on the Right.

We Libs will come around, cuz we have no choice. The real battle will be for the Independents. If the GOP nominates a moderate (or at least someone who can pass for a moderate), and the economy stays bad or gets worse, Obama is toast.

If the economy improves (big if), it'll be close.
Obama was voted in to do a job. And he promised to do a great one. People got so sick of the failures that they voted in Boehner. He is actually doing the job that he was voted in to do.
To say that this is all his fault, and that of the TP, is wrong. The Dems had all the power before Boehner, and did nothing. Now we are in a mess, and the dems refuse to help the country out. They care nothing for America. The way I see it, if Obama doesn't take Boehner's "side" he is toast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
 
2,086 posts, read 1,981,294 times
Reputation: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How do you see Obama gaining ground?

He can't go up, he can only go farther down.

Obama would have to flip totally Conservative to have a slight chance.
People voted Obama in, because they didn't know who he was. Now they know. I think that they will vote for a known (R) candidate, so at least they know what they will be getting this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top