Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to an article and a script for a radio ad that Rick Perry is running in Ames Iowa:

Rick Perry | Radio Ad | Ames Straw Poll | The Daily Caller

In it he asks people in Ames to write in his name.

Here is a link to another article that explains who is paying for these ads. It turns out it is an ex Bear-Stearns type. There is a lot of detail describing his insider connections. http://www.americanindependent.com/195674/former-bear-sterns-exec-treasury-official-malpass-funding-pro-perry-radio-ads-in-iowa (broken link)

__________________________________________________ _

This article links to a number of different TV ads for the different candidates

http://nhjournal.com/2011/07/15/slow-starting-gop-ad-race-about-to-begin-in-iowa/ (broken link)

This is Ron Paul's newest TV ad running in NH and Iowa

http://www.youtube.com/user/ronpaul?...hI&feature=pyv

Here is an earlier one attacking Romney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyjKqBKtVE

Last edited by emilybh; 07-28-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 08:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Here is a link to an article and a script for a radio ad that Rick Perry is running in Ames Iowa:

Here is a link to another article that explains who is paying for these ads. It turns out it is an ex Bear-Stearns type. There is a lot of detail describing his insider connections. Former Bear Stearns exec, Treasury official Malpass funding pro-Perry radio ads in Iowa | The American Independent (http://www.americanindependent.com/195674/former-bear-sterns-exec-treasury-official-malpass-funding-pro-perry-radio-ads-in-iowa - broken link)

Slow-starting GOP ad race about to begin in Iowa « New Hampshire Journal (http://nhjournal.com/2011/07/15/slow-starting-gop-ad-race-about-to-begin-in-iowa/ - broken link)

‪ronpaul's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

‪First Democratic TV Ad of 2012 Targets Romney - MSNBC - 5/20/11‬‏ - YouTube
I'd sure like to follow the money to whoever is sponsoring those nauseating "Mormons are normal" commercials.....

But they'll disappear once Romney is trounced

Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'd sure like to follow the money to whoever is sponsoring those nauseating "Mormons are normal" commercials.....

Yeah I did notice in Google Trends that in spite of Ron Paul's overall strong showing nationally, the breakdown by state showed Romney way ahead in Utah. I guess there Romney's religion is more important than whether he is a constant liar/flip-flopper which doesn't say much for the intelligence factor in Utah.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Here is a link to another article that explains who is paying for these ads. It turns out it is an ex Bear-Stearns type. There is a lot of detail describing his insider connections. Former Bear Stearns exec, Treasury official Malpass funding pro-Perry radio ads in Iowa | The American Independent (http://www.americanindependent.com/195674/former-bear-sterns-exec-treasury-official-malpass-funding-pro-perry-radio-ads-in-iowa - broken link)

Slow-starting GOP ad race about to begin in Iowa « New Hampshire Journal (http://nhjournal.com/2011/07/15/slow-starting-gop-ad-race-about-to-begin-in-iowa/ - broken link)

‪ronpaul's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

‪First Democratic TV Ad of 2012 Targets Romney - MSNBC - 5/20/11‬‏ - YouTube
I don't think I get your point!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Rick Perry isn't running any of those ads as he is not a candidate yet. If he wanted to be on the ballot for the straw poll, he would have declared earlier.

I would like to give a tip for future ads, though. Some people don't know what the tenth amendment is so I think it should be spelled out in the ads.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM

865 posts, read 676,118 times
Perry is running ads in Iowa.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Perry is running ads in Iowa.
At the end of the ad does it say, "I'm Rick Perry and I support this message" or does it day at the end "this ad is by the Blah Blah Blahs That Support Rick Perry?"

Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
At the end of the ad does it say, "I'm Rick Perry and I support this message" or does it day at the end "this ad is by the Blah Blah Blahs That Support Rick Perry?"
let's see if you get an answer? Too many do not realize how the commercial game is really played..

Nita

Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think I get your point!!!
The point is that there is no support for the Status Quo candidates when push comes to shove and money is needed for their campaigns except from the globalists/ corporatists-lobbyists types.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Actually, they won't. You're just going to have to go in the other room and get a beer when they come on, because they will continue to be a thorn in your side regardless of what happens to Romney. You don't need to believe me. Time will prove me right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections