Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:38 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

You people who think you are too "old" for YouTube should try it sometime. You'd like it. I'm no spring chicken and I love it. It is nothing more than a library of video clips, shows, lectures, newscasts, educational classes and miscellaneous arts and cultural items.

When you find what you are looking for YouTube shows you links to 20 or so other relevant tapes you might be interested in. Each time you find something, it will show you how many OTHER people have also looked for the same thing as well as viewed the same tape you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You people who think you are too "old" for YouTube should try it sometime. You'd like it. I'm no spring chicken and I love it. It is nothing more than a library of video clips, shows, lectures, newscasts, educational classes and miscellaneous arts and cultural items.

When you find what you are looking for YouTube shows you links to 20 or so other relevant tapes you might be interested in. Each time you find something, it will show you how many OTHER people have also looked for the same thing as well as viewed the same tape you did.
golly I don't think anyone said they don't watch YouTube and I think most of us know what it is about. The point was, we don't spend as much time as some ds, not that we don't know anything about it. Where did you get that idea? I probably get and watch a dozen YouTubes a day.

NIta

Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
golly I don't think anyone said they don't watch YouTube and I think most of us know what it is about. The point was, we don't spend as much time as some ds, not that we don't know anything about it. Where did you get that idea? I probably get and watch a dozen YouTubes a day.

NIta
I guess I disagreed with your pretty blanket sounding statement that YouTube videos about the candidates don't matter or don't mean much.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
One of the reasons why I think Paul will do well with young voters is his message on SSI. How do you think some one in their 20's view the system when they know that for the last 2 years SSI has been running in the red ? They also know that our gvt has spent the surplus and replaced it with bonds that can only be redeemed by the gvt. This system is unsustainable and they resent contributing to it knowing that most likely it will not be there for them.
Paul wants to free them from this ponzi scheme and let them prepare for their own retirement which is the only fair plan for our youth.
Another issue that will do well in that age group is Paul's foreign policy, he will end the occupations and cut the military industrial complex down to size. Paul draws well at college campuses and I think he is the only GOP nominee that will give Obama a run for his money in that age group.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
I think the only thing this measures is the level of passion among each candidates supporters, not how well they will do in the primary and/or general elections.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I think the only thing this measures is the level of passion among each candidates supporters, not how well they will do in the primary and/or general elections.
I think a little of that (passion) is required to even perform the search and a LOT more searches have been done for Ron Paul than any of the other candidates.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM

It appears that Rick Perry has surpassed Mitt Romney and now Perry is in 2nd place behind Paul. Michelle Bachman seems to be doing better than she was also.Google Trends: Ron Paul, Michelle Bachman, Mitt Romney, Rick Perry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections