Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You act as if Ron Paul is on life support.
You stated "no one who came in second in ANY
contest.... Obama is already graying. He's only 50.
For someone older as yourself, you seem very obsessed with Paul's age.
He is not Ronald Reagan on his second term with Alzheimer's.

I'm tired of "how you think he looked"
contest. No one seemed to concern themselves
with the fact FDR had bags down to the bridge of his
nose. Not to mention they have a stress management
team over yonder in the White House. It's called
a Cabinet

Ben Franklin would tell you to "go fly a kite"
You can be tired of my saying he looks awful, but don't I have a right to voice my feelings? Last time I knew, this was an open forum.. FDR wasn't pushing 80 years old. Yes, many people have bags, including some in their 30s, but there is more to how someone looks than bags. I didn't mention his bags, you just did, so obviously you are seeing it as well.

Of course Obama is graying, Clinton went from no gray hair to white while Pres as did Bush. That should tell you something. As for Reagan and that reference, one you obviously know nothing about Reagan (I do) and you have no idea what Paul's mental capacity will be in a couple of years, anymore than I do.

His age has to be considered, whether you like it or not. I think those of us who are older are the ones that realize this.

I have said, if he gets the nomination I would support him (at least I would vote for him) but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to voice my concerns.

As for telling someone to "go fly a kite" do you think it is necessary to resort to personal insults and attacks? Can't we all try and have a debate, even hidden with out insults.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can be tired of my saying he looks awful, but don't I have a right to voice my feelings? Last time I knew, this was an open forum.. FDR wasn't pushing 80 years old. Yes, many people have bags, including some in their 30s, but there is more to how someone looks than bags. I didn't mention his bags, you just did, so obviously you are seeing it as well.

Of course Obama is graying, Clinton went from no gray hair to white while Pres as did Bush. That should tell you something. As for Reagan and that reference, one you obviously know nothing about Reagan (I do) and you have no idea what Paul's mental capacity will be in a couple of years, anymore than I do.

His age has to be considered, whether you like it or not. I think those of us who are older are the ones that realize this.

I have said, if he gets the nomination I would support him (at least I would vote for him) but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to voice my concerns.

As for telling someone to "go fly a kite" do you think it is necessary to resort to personal insults and attacks? Can't we all try and have a debate, even hidden with out insults.

Nita
Oh Nita, you take what I say so wrong When you see a from me I am teasing, making a reference to something tongue n cheek...

The reference to a kite was because Benjamin Franklin is
Synonymous with flying one. Franklin was in
his late 70's, early 80's when he signed: The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Treaty of Paris.
He gave the most famous speeches of his life at that age.
The 80 something Ben kicked ass. He would think your notion of being too old, well, absurd.

I didn't mention FDR's bags because I thought Paul had them to an extreme
but that FDR clearly had them and looked sleep deprived and on the verge of death and was voted 4 times
You want awful looking, look at Lincoln.

I was the one who posted here, on what Paul was wearing e.g.loooking good I think he looks fine.
His bags are not dramatic to me.
I think Paul has an elf like face.

Dementia/Alzheimer's (very familiar with the disease) -
I thought Reagan showed signs from his first term.
It is not an acute disease, but one that is chronic.
Paul shows no signs of it at all.

Paul can't go out the way of LBJ either.
Paul does not have significant disease such as an LBJ.
It was the main reason LBJ did not run for a second term, even though everyone wanted him to.
He died at age 64 and he knew he would.

So, I'm voting for that old dude
who looks like a Keebler elf.
I think he has some "sweet" things in
store for this country
and I don't think his cookies are crumbling

Now, go get yourself a glass of milk for those
old bones, (SEE THE WINK)
knowing I wasn't really telling you off.
But Ben, surely would

Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Oh Nita, you take what I say so wrong When you see a from me I am teasing, making a reference to something tongue n cheek...

The reference to a kite was because Benjamin Franklin is
Synonymous with flying one. Franklin was in
his late 70's, early 80's when he signed: The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Treaty of Paris.
He gave the most famous speeches of his life at that age.
The 80 something Ben kicked ass. He would think your notion of being too old, well, absurd.

I didn't mention FDR's bags because I thought Paul had them to an extreme
but that FDR clearly had them and looked sleep deprived and on the verge of death and was voted 4 times
You want awful looking, look at Lincoln.

I was the one who posted here, on what Paul was wearing e.g.loooking good I think he looks fine.
His bags are not dramatic to me.
I think Paul has an elf like face.

Dementia/Alzheimer's (very familiar with the disease) -
I thought Reagan showed signs from his first term.
It is not an acute disease, but one that is chronic.
Paul shows no signs of it at all.

Paul can't go out the way of LBJ either.
Paul does not have significant disease such as an LBJ.
It was the main reason LBJ did not run for a second term, even though everyone wanted him to.
He died at age 64 and he knew he would.

So, I'm voting for that old dude
who looks like a Keebler elf.
I think he has some "sweet" things in
store for this country
and I don't think his cookies are crumbling

Now, go get yourself a glass of milk for those
old bones, (SEE THE WINK)
knowing I wasn't really telling you off.
But Ben, surely would
I will just say this: you are still doing it, wnk or no wink:::As for LBJ, obviously you are much younger than me cause I was only in my 20s when he decided not to run, most people did not think his health had anything to do with his decision: I won't go into detail about any connection with Reagan, but I will assure you, what you are saying about him and Alzheimers is 110% wrong. Did he have the early stages toward the end of his second term? Yes, but certainly not anytime during or before his first term.

Franklin was 70 when he signed the Declaration on Independents I believe. Signing a piece of paper and running the most successful country in the World are two very different things I might add.

I do agree, Paul looks like a little elf and I think he is cute, that doesn't mean I support someone because of their looks or lack of same.

Now, I will just drop this for the time being. BTW< I don't drink milk, but I can assure you before the night is up I will have a glass or two of wine.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
As for LBJ, obviously you are much younger than me cause I was only in my 20s when he decided not to run, most people did not think his health had anything to do with his decision
Your right, it was not public.

LBJ suffered terrible heart disease.
Secretly, he told insiders he would never be able to fulfill a second term. He was convinced he would die at 64.
LBJ died almost to the day of what would be a 2nd term ending if he had run/been elected.

Ron Paul is in extremely good health: physically and
mentally. He doesn't even wear everyday glasses or contacts. See

I have no health concerns about him for a
4 year term. Really, that's all the time, I think he would
need to turn this country around.

*only reading glasses.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Your right, it was not public.

LBJ suffered terrible heart disease.
Secretly, he told insiders he would never be able to fulfill a second term. He was convinced he would die at 64.
LBJ died almost to the day of what would be a 2nd term ending if he had run/been elected.

Ron Paul is in extremely good health: physically and
mentally. He doesn't even wear everyday glasses or contacts. See

I have no health concerns about him for a
4 year term. Really, that's all the time, I think he would
need to turn this country around.

*only reading glasses.
I only wear reading glasses and my husband wears very slight correct glasses. That really doesn't make any difference.

Where are you getting your information about Johnson not running because of his heart trouble. His having heart desease was not hidden I might add. Many knew about it. The mess in Nam was the biggest problem with his running again.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I only wear reading glasses and my husband wears very slight correct glasses. That really doesn't make any difference.

Where are you getting your information about Johnson not running because of his heart trouble. His having heart desease was not hidden I might add. Many knew about it. The mess in Nam was the biggest problem with his running again.
I know his heart history was not hidden. But his obsession that he would die at 64 was. I believe his father died at
64 as well. Read it in one of the bio's on him. The name of
it however escapes me. LBJ was a write in for the NH primary of which he won. Many thought if he ran, he could have beat Nixon e.g. already in peace talks etc...But LBJ
insisted he could not fulfill a second term if he won - for the reason above.

And, you know the story about Nixon screwing up the talks LBJ started, thus postponing the war's end and countless other American senseless deaths.....

You know what I'm getting at with Paul - he's in pretty damn good health for anyone of any age. He swims every day I hear. No lack of oxygen going to that brain

Old 08-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I know his heart history was not hidden. But his obsession that he would die at 64 was. I believe his father died at
64 as well. Read it in one of the bio's on him. The name of
it however escapes me. LBJ was a write in for the NH primary of which he won. Many thought if he ran, he could have beat Nixon e.g. already in peace talks etc...But LBJ
insisted he could not fulfill a second term if he won - for the reason above.

And, you know the story about Nixon screwing up the talks LBJ started, thus postponing the war's end and countless other American senseless deaths.....

You know what I'm getting at with Paul - he's in pretty damn good health for anyone of any age. He swims every day I hear. No lack of oxygen going to that brain
i do agree with you; he appears to be in very good health. I am not argueing that: I am still maintaining good health or not the campaign and being Pres take a lot out of a person and at, almost 80 I still have my concerns.

Nita

Old 08-15-2011, 04:33 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,874,522 times
He's a tough old bird that will probably outlast us all.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,423,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The better question is do you have to go see Randy Travis if you vote for her? If that were the case, Travis would drive away more votes than he would attract. That cowboy was never that good, and he's well past his prime.
No. I think it is safe to say that the registration table for the concert was at the end of the voting area but before the entrance to the tent. You weren't forced to see the concert silly (lol)....nor did you have to see the concert first before you could vote. The concert was a bribe not a punishment. LOL.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,900,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
You know Nixion Lost the straw poll, but in the Presidentail election won 49 states.
There is not a loser in the Iowa Straw Poll. You can come in the top 3 and do well on down the road. The straw poll is simply a test of the candidate's ability to organize and get people to the polls to cast a ballot for him/her and, to some extent, the candidate's public popularity. It is not so much for the public but for big donors who are much less inclined to fork over big checks to a campaign that appears to not be able to muster people to to the polls to vote for the candidate. That is what killed Pawlenty yesterday and what will probably kill Cain and Gingrich in days to come. However it means that Bachman has shown ability to get voters to come out for her which means she will get more bankroll to keep going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections