U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
 
Location: SC
9,086 posts, read 14,835,839 times
Reputation: 3562

Advertisements

It is a big mystery and I will say I posted about it yesterday that the numbers didn't seem to add up. I was right. Evidently 218 votes that would have changed the outcome are being glossed over and forgotten about.

THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY : Federal Jack

Unbelievable that they would cheat at the straw poll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 PM
 
9,892 posts, read 7,138,705 times
Reputation: 2521
Bachmann's husband ate them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,662,127 times
Reputation: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It is a big mystery and I will say I posted about it yesterday that the numbers didn't seem to add up. I was right. Evidently 218 votes that would have changed the outcome are being glossed over and forgotten about.

THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY : Federal Jack

Unbelievable that they would cheat at the straw poll!
I noticed the same thing.

There were 162 scattered votes (whatever that means)
and excludign those 162 another 56 that were just unaccounted for between the Total Votes and sum of all accounted votes by CNN which adds up to 218 votes between the scattered and unaccounted.

With a race as close as this between Bachmann and RP, there were only 152 votes separating them, I think the election officials should account for those votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
35,574 posts, read 35,250,409 times
Reputation: 54373
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It is a big mystery and I will say I posted about it yesterday that the numbers didn't seem to add up. I was right. Evidently 218 votes that would have changed the outcome are being glossed over and forgotten about.

THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY : Federal Jack

Unbelievable that they would cheat at the straw poll!
Maybe there were a whole bunch of different "other" onesy-twosy write in votes. There are a lot more people who have declared they are running for President than the ones we all know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,662,127 times
Reputation: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I noticed the same thing.

There were 162 scattered votes (whatever that means)
and excludign those 162 another 56 that were just unaccounted for between the Total Votes and sum of all accounted votes by CNN which adds up to 218 votes between the scattered and unaccounted.

With a race as close as this between Bachmann and RP, there were only 152 votes separating them, I think the election officials should account for those votes.
One other thing I found strange.
On CNN they announced Bachmann the winner and then a few minutes later begain listing the Candidates and Numbers starting with Santorum.

After another few minutes they again went through the Candidates and Numbers but Michelle and RP were still not listed. I don't remember off the top of my head where they started in the list the second time through.

Then after another few minutes, they finally listed the numbers for Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul and Tim Pawlenty.

My question - If they could announce Bachmann the winner with only a 152 majority, how come it took them another 12 to 15 minutes to be able to list the numbers?

And oh yeah, where exactly are the "scattered" votes and what happened to the 56 unaccounted for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,662,127 times
Reputation: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Maybe there were a whole bunch of different "other" onesy-twosy write in votes. There are a lot more people who have declared they are running for President than the ones we all know about.
Maybe, but it still looks very bad.
with only 152 votes separating the number 1 and 2 candidates and 218 votes unaccounted for, they really should account for a number of votes that could change the results.

Especially in regards to the dismissive attitude by the GOP and Media towards Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 PM
 
Location: SC
9,086 posts, read 14,835,839 times
Reputation: 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
One other thing I found strange.
On CNN they announced Bachmann the winner and then a few minutes later begain listing the Candidates and Numbers starting with Santorum.

After another few minutes they again went through the Candidates and Numbers but Michelle and RP were still not listed. I don't remember off the top of my head where they started in the list the second time through.

Then after another few minutes, they finally listed the numbers for Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul and Tim Pawlenty.

My question - If they could announce Bachmann the winner with only a 152 majority, how come it took them another 12 to 15 minutes to be able to list the numbers?

And oh yeah, where exactly are the "scattered" votes and what happened to the 56 unaccounted for?
I thought it was weird too. They didn't show Ron Paul's numbers for a long time (maybe because they had to shave some off to make it so that he wasn't the winner).

The whole thing tics me off. I complained about it on Greta Van Sustren's page since she was wanting feedback about the coverage in Iowa.

If you want to complain too, the more the merrier (and the more that do so the more they might be apt to actually listen and make the coverage a little more fair). http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/...erage-in-iowa/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 02:11 PM
 
12,527 posts, read 7,992,697 times
Reputation: 5362
I swear everything is a conspiracy with Ron Paul supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
 
Location: The High Seas
7,376 posts, read 13,921,835 times
Reputation: 11758
Perry got more than Romney and wasn't even there. Surprised to see how far down the list Romney is and this is the frontrunner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,662,127 times
Reputation: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I swear everything is a conspiracy with Ron Paul supporters.

ttthhhhbbbbbppppppttttttttttt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top