Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 03:24 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times

Advertisements

The way you can tell that the OP doesn't believe what he wrote here is that he felt he needed to call others names right off the bat.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 PM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The way you can tell that the OP doesn't believe what he wrote here is that he felt he needed to call others names right off the bat.
Nope, you are not even close. Just because my ideas are out of the mainsteam does not mean I am making them up.......ever hear the term "thinking outside the box"????

Look at NYC, richy-rich Bloomberg basically bought a 3rd term.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,448,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.

The Democrats have a HUGE machine on the internet..........a vicious left wing netroots movement that will carry out vicious attacks on whomever is the Repub candidate.

And throw on top of all of this the FACT that Obama will have 1 BILLION or more to get back into office. No Repub is going to have even close to that much.

Obama is going to get at least 95% of the black vote, 80+ percent of the hispanic vote, probably 70% of the asian vote...........and almost all of the white liberal vote.

Wow, it is really hard for me to say this...........but, I think Obama is a shoe-in for 2012...........not even that close.
The Talk Radio crowd and the rest of their ilk, have basically just become a 24/7 money-making Hate-a-Thon that no longer bears any resemblance to reality, anymore than televangelists are "religious" by milking the rubes, and going on about "Armageddon" and the imminent "Rapture".

But regardless how Obama's popularity and the popular vote fluctuates, the only thing that really matters is the final Electoral tally... and every single polling organization out there, left- or right-leaning, shows Obama clearly has that sowed up, with just a matter of how much.

Although all that said, never underestimate the ability of the Democratic Party, to snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory at the last moment...!!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Nope, you are not even close. Just because my ideas are out of the mainsteam does not mean I am making them up.......ever hear the term "thinking outside the box"????

Look at NYC, richy-rich Bloomberg basically bought a 3rd term.
i love that you are here now and trying to defend what you posted a year ago: what a difference a year makes, Obama's chances of winning are going south by the day and certainly he isn't going to win "BIG TIME" like you said last year.

Now, as for Bloomberg, no he didn't buy his 3rd term, he just choose to change the law to fit his objective and Obama did the same on Friday, when he decided he would take it upon himself to decide who will and who will not stay in the country.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,404,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The Talk Radio crowd and the rest of their ilk, have basically just become a 24/7 money-making Hate-a-Thon that no longer bears any resemblance to reality, anymore than televangelists are "religious" by milking the rubes, and going on about "Armageddon" and the imminent "Rapture".

But regardless how Obama's popularity and the popular vote fluctuates, the only thing that really matters is the final Electoral tally... and every single polling organization out there, left- or right-leaning, shows Obama clearly has that sowed up, with just a matter of how much.

Although all that said, never underestimate the ability of the Democratic Party, to snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory at the last moment...!!
Although I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement, you reveal a deep and misplaced faith in your middle paragraph. A country that only grants a 47% approval rating to an incumbent is fairly unlikely to rehire him for another term. Meanwhile, the president's strategy of division on every issue is hardening his opposition at the same time it firms up his remaining base, which seems to have peaked at 47% no matter which laws he chooses to ignore.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,448,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Although I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement, you reveal a deep and misplaced faith in your middle paragraph. A country that only grants a 47% approval rating to an incumbent is fairly unlikely to rehire him for another term. Meanwhile, the president's strategy of division on every issue is hardening his opposition at the same time it firms up his remaining base, which seems to have peaked at 47% no matter which laws he chooses to ignore.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval
I'm a long-time "progressive" (aka, pragmatic "lib-rul"), and it's no secret that many of us have been very disappointed in Obama, one way or another. So you might say that many of us liberal folks no longer "approve" of Obama all that much.

But does that "disappointment" and "disapproval" mean we're gonna switch our vote to someone like Romney? 'Cuz if anyone really believes that's so, I've got a great deal for them on an Alaskan bridge ...to nowhere!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I'm a long-time "progressive" (aka, pragmatic "lib-rul"), and it's no secret that many of us have been very disappointed in Obama, one way or another. So you might say that many of us liberal folks no longer "approve" of Obama all that much.

But does that "disappointment" and "disapproval" mean we're gonna switch our vote to someone like Romney? 'Cuz if anyone really believes that's so, I've got a great deal for them on an Alaskan bridge ...to nowhere!

Thanks a lot, you spelled it out perfectly. Mr H****** is swept back into office EASILY.

Is the liberal base going to all the sudden vote for Romney..............hahaha, nope. And that sweet politikin by the president......instead of getting 80% of the Hispanic vote, now he will get at least 95%...............yay amnesty!!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i love that you are here now and trying to defend what you posted a year ago: what a difference a year makes, Obama's chances of winning are going south by the day and certainly he isn't going to win "BIG TIME" like you said last year.

Now, as for Bloomberg, no he didn't buy his 3rd term, he just choose to change the law to fit his objective and Obama did the same on Friday, when he decided he would take it upon himself to decide who will and who will not stay in the country.

Nice try, I am still right on!!!!!

Mr H****** gets swept back into office EASILY. That slick move that he pulled.......AMM-NASTY, that alone will easily put him over the top.

Do you think right wingers(not phonycons) are going to turn out in droves for Mr Milktoast-Romney.........not a chance.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
Thanks a lot, you spelled it out perfectly. Mr H****** is swept back into office EASILY.

Is the liberal base going to all the sudden vote for Romney..............hahaha, nope. And that sweet politikin by the president......instead of getting 80% of the Hispanic vote, now he will get at least 95%...............yay amnesty!!!!!
The liberal base is not needed and they are too small to effect an election. Luckily, other segments of obama's 2008 coalition have fractured/turned away from him big time.

He never got 80% of the hispanic vote...what in the world are you talking about.

You believe hispanics will be fired up....what about Indies, Conservatives that think obama issued an illegal EO...they won't be fired up as well?

See, there are way more of US (Conservatives) than of YOU (liberals).

Quote:
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.
Oh yeah, can't wait. That dem machine is lacking a bit right now. The Bain attacks went NOWHERE, in fact, they enhanced Romney even more.

It's so amusing to go back and look at faulty predictions like this.

Who could have foreseen that Romney would come out of the primaries ahead or tied with obama is so many key states?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The liberal base is not needed and they are too small to effect an election. Luckily, other segments of obama's 2008 coalition have fractured/turned away from him big time.

He never got 80% of the hispanic vote...what in the world are you talking about.

You believe hispanics will be fired up....what about Indies, Conservatives that think obama issued an illegal EO...they won't be fired up as well?

See, there are way more of US (Conservatives) than of YOU (liberals).

Oh yeah, can't wait. That dem machine is lacking a bit right now. The Bain attacks went NOWHERE, in fact, they enhanced Romney even more.

It's so amusing to go back and look at faulty predictions like this.

Who could have foreseen that Romney would come out of the primaries ahead or tied with obama is so many key states?

Sorry, I am not even close to being a liberal. I would consider myself libertarian on many issues, right wing on many also.

Realist is a word that comes to mind when I look at both parties as see how corrupt and insane they both are. Hahaha, we are going to be in Trashcanistan until 2024......tell me that is not insane.

Obamao***a will get 95% of the black vote, 90% of the Hispanic vote, 70% of the asian vote, 90% of the progressive vote.

Wow, can Romobamaney fire enough voters to win the presidency and does it really matter........NOPE. It is a rigged game.......country is run by insane, corrupt dreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.