Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.

The Democrats have a HUGE machine on the internet..........a vicious left wing netroots movement that will carry out vicious attacks on whomever is the Repub candidate.

And throw on top of all of this the FACT that Obama will have 1 BILLION or more to get back into office. No Repub is going to have even close to that much.

Obama is going to get at least 95% of the black vote, 80+ percent of the hispanic vote, probably 70% of the asian vote...........and almost all of the white liberal vote.

Wow, it is really hard for me to say this...........but, I think Obama is a shoe-in for 2012...........not even that close.
yeah right. there were a lot of shoe ins in the past, remember dewey? carter was supposed to beat reagan, and bush 41 was supposed to beat clinton, and al gore and john kerry both were supposed to beat bush 43. unless the economy turns around radically between now and election day, obama is going to have a serious challenge from who ever is the republican candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
We'll see...I had to laugh when I read vicious and democratic machine.

Like talking about a vicious cocker spaniel...cognitive dissonance.

As a democrat, I would like to see the Dems come out swinging machetes and chainsaws this year. The GOP has been nasty all year, and it is time to take the fight to them. They have a tremendous talent in Obama, and he could be a great president if people would work with him, but these tools have proven pathetically partisan back stabbers. I want to see about half of them shipped in 2012.

So, vicious Dems? Hell ya! Chase those Tea Party pseudopatriots out of town with burning torches!

Will it happen? Not holding my breath.
the democrats thug arms, seiu, acorn(or what ever they are calling themselves these days), and media matters need to be very careful in how they attack the republican candidates. if they get in the republican candidates faces like they did to romney last week, you are going to find that the electorate may get turned off by democrats and their thugs, and vote republican in droves.

as for obama being a great president if people would work with him, how about he work with them? remember that obama and the rest of the democrats shut out the republicans in obamas first two years as president. they wouldnt even listen to what the republicans had to say.

and then when the republicans took the house, the democrats fought them tooth and nail. in fact the republicans in the house have passed a budget for 2012, and yet reid has yet to even look at it, let alone anything else the republicans have done, and obama has threatened to veto anything that comes out of the house.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,702,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yeah right. there were a lot of shoe ins in the past, remember dewey? carter was supposed to beat reagan, and bush 41 was supposed to beat clinton, and al gore and john kerry both were supposed to beat bush 43. unless the economy turns around radically between now and election day, obama is going to have a serious challenge from who ever is the republican candidate.

the democrats thug arms, seiu, acorn(or what ever they are calling themselves these days), and media matters need to be very careful in how they attack the republican candidates. if they get in the republican candidates faces like they did to romney last week, you are going to find that the electorate may get turned off by democrats and their thugs, and vote republican in droves.

The democrats have a tough job. They have to fight fire with fire, because their opponents are playing dirty pool, yet they must not get trapped in the mire, because their supporters expect more of them.
as for obama being a great president if people would work with him, how about he work with them? remember that obama and the rest of the democrats shut out the republicans in obamas first two years as president. they wouldnt even listen to what the republicans had to say.

and then when the republicans took the house, the democrats fought them tooth and nail. in fact the republicans in the house have passed a budget for 2012, and yet reid has yet to even look at it, let alone anything else the republicans have done, and obama has threatened to veto anything that comes out of the house.
BS. The democrats have not become nearly as unreasonable as the right recently. They have never purged their moderates. Nor have they ever said their only goal was to make sure their opponents were not reelected. I do think Boehner wanted to strike a compromise with Obama earlier this summer, and he should be commended for that, but the right wing killed that as they did just about everything else this year.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,613,387 times
No President has been re-elected when unemployment was over 7.5%. It's currently at 9.1% and there's no sign of it improving much in the next year. The economy is teetering on the brink of a double-dip recession, which would make things even worse for him next year. Most sensible people will ask themselves the simple question, "am I better off today than four years ago?" and the answer will be obvious. Where are the jobs? Where's the recovery?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,360,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
BS. The democrats have not become nearly as unreasonable as the right recently. .....snip....
oh please

one word

pelosi

Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,092,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fascist liberals
When are you going to comprehend that there is no such thing?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,580,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.

The Democrats have a HUGE machine on the internet..........a vicious left wing netroots movement that will carry out vicious attacks on whomever is the Repub candidate.

And throw on top of all of this the FACT that Obama will have 1 BILLION or more to get back into office. No Repub is going to have even close to that much.

Obama is going to get at least 95% of the black vote, 80+ percent of the hispanic vote, probably 70% of the asian vote...........and almost all of the white liberal vote.

Wow, it is really hard for me to say this...........but, I think Obama is a shoe-in for 2012...........not even that close.
He could have a trillion dollars, unless all that money can buy him amnesia for America, he is out of here. Thank God.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,504,931 times
Nobody but tea party racist fools are going to vote for any of these tea party fools. How many times do I have to put up the polls showing Obama against any of them and he is bashing their heads in.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM

22,572 posts, read 24,373,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Obama isn't even a shoe-in for the Democratic nomination.
Huh, have you been monitoring the political channels of the Tin Foil Hat Network?????

Who is going to be in that spot besides Obama......Please let us know???????

Hilary...........hahaha........nope.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM

22,572 posts, read 24,373,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
In a country where Palin. Perry and Bachman are considered serious candidates for the presidency he will most likely win with that weak competition
Yep, I agree with you fully. I don't hate Palin and do not think she is dumb...but wow, the Dems would do a serious number on her, would not be pretty........ditto with Bachman.

Perry....well, he shot his mouth off today and the left is making the most of it............much more of that to come.

I predict that when the GOP candidate is chosen and the Obama Machine gets into full gear.......wow, Obama gets back in..........not even close.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,170,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What does 0bama run on, for reelection? He cannot run on his pathetic handling of the economy, the high energy costs, the skyrocketing debt, three wars, or the historical unemployment. WTF? What is he going to run on that makes him a shoe-in?

...and, according to you, all non-white folks are herd animals and will just vote for 0bama no matter what. But you don't think the white people will do that, why?
What does 0bama run on, for reelection?

In his own words... Hope and Change ! ! ! He said he didn't promise it today. You have to wait for Season 2 before he kicks in his real plans.

Ya gotta belieeeeeeve........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections