Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I wouldn't say it's a guarantee, in fact it may be close. However the candidate hasn't even been picked yet. Once that person is selected they'll be scrutinized 24/7, then they'll have to debate Obama successfully, which will be very difficult. Polling shows a majority dislike the Tea Party and also don't hold Obama responsible for the economy. Furthermore the majority, even those who disagree with his policies, personally like Obama. Karl Rove is freaking out for a reason, the field is weak and 2/3 of the "Top tier" are too far right.

The right wings extremists here lie a lot to themselves, to each other and to anybody who will listen. They exaggerate, and rely on emotional arguments. This only validates their nutty beliefs with one another, but it doesn't mean a darn thing in the real world (although I suspect they believe it does.) In short: Reality is much different than they like to believe.
I am a right winger on a lot of issues..........but..........I see the writing on the wall. Obama get back in easily for at least 4 more years of Obamunism

Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,217,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.

The Democrats have a HUGE machine on the internet..........a vicious left wing netroots movement that will carry out vicious attacks on whomever is the Repub candidate.

And throw on top of all of this the FACT that Obama will have 1 BILLION or more to get back into office. No Repub is going to have even close to that much.

Obama is going to get at least 95% of the black vote, 80+ percent of the hispanic vote, probably 70% of the asian vote...........and almost all of the white liberal vote.

Wow, it is really hard for me to say this...........but, I think Obama is a shoe-in for 2012...........not even that close.
Not to mention the black vote. The black vote was higher in 2008 than its been in decades and its the reason Obama won states like Virginia and North Carolina in 2008. The black vote will help re-elect Obama, particularly in toss up states. If black people showed up to the polls like that every presidential election, we'd never see a GOP president again.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Not to mention the black vote. The black vote was higher in 2008 than its been in decades and its the reason Obama won states like Virginia and North Carolina in 2008. The black vote will help re-elect Obama, particularly in toss up states. If black people showed up to the polls like that every presidential election, we'd never see a GOP president again.

Yep, I predict the turnout of black voters will be even HIGHER than the last POTUS election. And they will vote to keep their man in.........probably 99% of blacks vote for Obama.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:37 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
Quote:
Yep, I predict the turnout of black voters will be even HIGHER than the last POTUS election. And they will vote to keep their man in.........probably 99% of blacks vote for Obama.
I can see you have a great deal of respect for Blacks.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Default Excellent and true

Quote:
I am just stunned by the right wing radio talkers and cable talking heads. They seem to believe that the Republicans are going to slay Obama..........HAHAHA. Just wait until the primaries are over and the Republican candidate has been selected..............the Democrat machine will go into high gear and it will not be pretty.

The Democrats have a HUGE machine on the internet..........a vicious left wing netroots movement that will carry out vicious attacks on whomever is the Repub candidate.

And throw on top of all of this the FACT that Obama will have 1 BILLION or more to get back into office. No Repub is going to have even close to that much.

Obama is going to get at least 95% of the black vote, 80+ percent of the hispanic vote, probably 70% of the asian vote...........and almost all of the white liberal vote.

Wow, it is really hard for me to say this...........but, I think Obama is a shoe-in for 2012...........not even that close.
It also helps a great deal to understand that the Liberal position is always superior. The GOP stinks. Their ideology is bigoted and racist-based and it stinks. They don't know how to balance a budget or run an economy. In fact, they are failures across the board when it comes to the domestic agenda across the board. This is why they're warmongerers. Creating threats and imploying the military is the only way they know to appear "patriotic" and "strong." What they really are is short-sighted and incompetent. They rely too on deceptive marketing tactics to lure in unsuspecting suckers, focusing on negative misinformation about the opposition, in a desperate attempt to avoid addressing their continual failures. This country plagued by Bush for 13 years running now because of these regressive obstructionists.

Yes, the President clearly will win reelection. The question I have though is how many of these GOP incompetents can we smoke out of offices across the nation and in Congress? This is important to shed this dead weight so we can get out from under the influence of the continuing negative impact of that pathetic village idiot Bush.

President Obama here thru 2016? You bet.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I can see you have a great deal of respect for Blacks.
Just the truth Brah, that is all.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It also helps a great deal to understand that the Liberal position is always superior. The GOP stinks. Their ideology is bigoted and racist-based and it stinks. They don't know how to balance a budget or run an economy. In fact, they are failures across the board when it comes to the domestic agenda across the board. This is why they're warmongerers. Creating threats and imploying the military is the only way they know to appear "patriotic" and "strong." What they really are is short-sighted and incompetent. They rely too on deceptive marketing tactics to lure in unsuspecting suckers, focusing on negative misinformation about the opposition, in a desperate attempt to avoid addressing their continual failures. This country plagued by Bush for 13 years running now because of these regressive obstructionists.

Yes, the President clearly will win reelection. The question I have though is how many of these GOP incompetents can we smoke out of offices across the nation and in Congress? This is important to shed this dead weight so we can get out from under the influence of the continuing negative impact of that pathetic village idiot Bush.

President Obama here thru 2016? You bet.

Well, I predict that Obama will get back in.

BUT...............if you think the D*morats will have a royal flush............ in the balance of powers.......... for long enough to turn this once fine country into what the Dems visualize..............nope, aint going to happen. Too many people on both sides of the argument, very even division. I think we have seen this even balance of powers play out for a LONG time. I am not saying one side will not get a royal flush once in a while..........but it will usually be fleeting.............just a flash in the pan.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post

Only if they run a black candidate from now on though.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 PM

And now the speculation is hot and heavy that Moose Mama WILL be throwing her hat into the ring. That will put the probability at 100% that Obama gets back in.

I do not hate Moose Mama.............but..............she just sounds DOPEY.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
So, do you think that blacks are going to abandon Obama in 2012.................nope, ain't going to happen. White libs, who are they going to vote for, a Rethuglican as they call em???? And Obama just passed Amnesty light...............that means that instead of 70% of the hispanic vote.....he will get close to 100%
The ones i know yes, the ones that don't vote based on color, but by the best qualifications for the job of President, and the ones i do know do not think he has done enough, ,or the best job he promised to do.

Of course these are people with their own businesses, own mind, and cannot be bribed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.