Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I more than 100% agree with you! Obama raised taxes to the poor and middle class! The majority of his voters! And cut the taxes of the riches! Same agenda, different face! I truly do not know who to vote for regardless of my political party.
That is not true. Under Obama the tax rate has decreased for all segments of the population. Despite the republican rhetoric America actually has the lowest tax burden under Obama than under any other President in history. This is a fact that you would know if you did your research. But I guess you guys don't care much for facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 02:21 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I see that you lack the ability to comprehend subtle reasoning. Everyone knows there will be more than one candidate on the ballot. The fact I was trying to make is that the Republican candidates are a joke and none of them can match up to Obama hence America has no choice but to re-elect Obama because he is simply the best candidate out there by far. Capiche?
The Republican candidates are no more of a joke than the current occupant of the White House.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Republican candidates are no more of a joke than the current occupant of the White House.
The Republican candidates simply want to give Bush a third term. The idea alone makes me want to barf. Anyone who thinks this would be good thing for the country doesn't deserve to called an American. That's all I have to say.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,014 times
Quote:
The Republican candidates simply want to give Bush a third term. The idea alone makes me want to barf. Anyone who thinks this would be good thing for the country doesn't deserve to called an American. That's all I have to say.
From my libertarian perspective, Bush got a third term. For better or worse:

- continued military adventurism.

- stimulus & bailout packages - both had them. I don't why teapartiers didn't show up until Obama was elected.

- Bush tax cuts - I'm not necessarily against them, but what does Obama's base think?

- Patriot Act - Gotta keep those private citizens under surveillance.

- Gitmo - the Hanoi Hilton of the west. They both must approve of it.

- appointing lobbyists to oversee industries they once represented.

That's just off the top of my head. Do some research and you'll find policy similarities with regard to education, gay marriage, capital punishment, and foreign energy dependence.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
He is simply the best candidate out there. As an independent voter, everyone on the GOP side scares me. I've not heard a convincing argument from any of the Republican candidates as to why they should be put in control of the country. Also look on their record: since taking control of the House in Congress, Republicans have paralyzed our political system and caused our economy to plummet. Republicans are also largely responsible for the mess we are now in. We all know it started under Bush with their help. Why put the same people who drove us into the ditch back in control?

All the Republican candidates have a fatal flaw in my opinion:

I cannot support Perry because he believes in the anti-American idea of secession and the illegal dissolution of the United States. Bachmann is bat***** crazy and veritably unstable. Palin is a publicity/cash seeking reality star like Snooki who can't be taken seriously. Ron Paul is a perennial loser who is simply unelectable. Gingrich is a serial husband whose time has long passed. Romney is as plastic as they come, too artificial for my taste. Herman Cain has nothing to offer but entertainment to the teabaggers who use him as a token. Rick Santorum has too many psychological issues going on to be President including his obsession with homosexuality. Oh and did I forget anyone?

Anyways, Obama is the only reasonable choice out there. America has no choice but to re-elect him.
Great post!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
LOL! Who needs Republican candidates? Belly lint could beat Obama by a landslide.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Obama has already given Bush a 3rd term. He's taken the worst of Bush policies and expanded them.

Guess that doesn't bother you since he has a D after his name. The unprincipled partisan hackery is strong in this thread.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Better to have a Bush third term than an Obama second term.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
He is simply the best candidate out there. As an independent voter, everyone on the GOP side scares me. I've not heard a convincing argument from any of the Republican candidates as to why they should be put in control of the country. Also look on their record: since taking control of the House in Congress, Republicans have paralyzed our political system and caused our economy to plummet. Republicans are also largely responsible for the mess we are now in. We all know it started under Bush with their help. Why put the same people who drove us into the ditch back in control?

All the Republican candidates have a fatal flaw in my opinion:

I cannot support Perry because he believes in the anti-American idea of secession and the illegal dissolution of the United States. Bachmann is bat***** crazy and veritably unstable. Palin is a publicity/cash seeking reality star like Snooki who can't be taken seriously. Ron Paul is a perennial loser who is simply unelectable. Gingrich is a serial husband whose time has long passed. Romney is as plastic as they come, too artificial for my taste. Herman Cain has nothing to offer but entertainment to the teabaggers who use him as a token. Rick Santorum has too many psychological issues going on to be President including his obsession with homosexuality. Oh and did I forget anyone?

Anyways, Obama is the only reasonable choice out there. America has no choice but to re-elect him.

A ridiculous statement to make. God gave mankind a choice between good and evil. We have a choice....and hopefully the people realize this time!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
If we continue on this same doomed path, none of us win. We need a President with smarts, wits aobut him, intelligence, strength, and a plan of action, not Talk. Business experience would not hurt, otherwise, we will continue to fall, will be promised the same crap as last time, Hope n' Change and all that trife, prove it, do not talk about it. Truth is he has proved not a thing, not a freaking thing, go head vote for him again, those with half a brain, will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections