Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:31 PM

37,762 posts, read 40,870,361 times

Advertisements

"Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan has decided for a final time that he will not run for president in 2012, THE WEEKLY STANDARD has learned. Ryan, who began seriously considering a bid in late May after Indiana governor Mitch Daniels took himself out of the race, had consulted with top Republicans, including Karl Rove and Frank Luntz, as he contemplated his political future."

Include Bill Kristol in that.

Paul Ryan Not Running for President | The Weekly Standard

He shouldn't have run, either. With a shared 13 percent Congressional approval rating, a resume with no executive experience and a commercial that would have dogged him (the Ryan clone pushing the old lady off the cliff), he made the right choice.

Now I wonder if Rove and Kristol are the ones sniffing Pataki, who will make everyone outside of the bubble boys in DC and NY and political followers like us, say - Who? They aren't going to get what they want. They need their inside the beltway choices so they keep their access and rub-off power.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,356,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan has decided for a final time that he will not run for president in 2012, THE WEEKLY STANDARD has learned. Ryan, who began seriously considering a bid in late May after Indiana governor Mitch Daniels took himself out of the race, had consulted with top Republicans, including Karl Rove and Frank Luntz, as he contemplated his political future."

Include Bill Kristol in that.

Paul Ryan Not Running for President | The Weekly Standard

He shouldn't have run, either. With a shared 13 percent Congressional approval rating, a resume with no executive experience and a commercial that would have dogged him (the Ryan clone pushing the old lady off the cliff), he made the right choice.

Now I wonder if Rove and Kristol are the ones sniffing Pataki, who will make everyone outside of the bubble boys in DC and NY and political followers like us, say - Who? They aren't going to get what they want. They need their inside the beltway choices so they keep their access and rub-off power.
Yep, I heard this yesterday and read it in our paper this morning. I am glad he isn't running, now it will be intesting to see what happens. Obviously Rove and Bill Kristol still are trying to persuade someone else to enter. I know Bill K really loves Christie.

Nita

Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,187,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

You tell 'em, LauraC and nmita.

You tell 'em GOOD.
Man, my TV keeps landing on HBO. I figured that news this morning was too good to be true.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:11 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,938,839 times
Quote:

You tell 'em, LauraC and nmita.

You tell 'em GOOD.
He's not running for president.

He is running for Vice President.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,799,292 times
Which makes the above comments just as poignant.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,529,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He's not running for president.

He is running for Vice President.
Does not matter. His association will tank this campaign. If Obama wanted to paint Romney as a guy who is only looking after the interests of the uber wealthy and aimed to destroy the middle class, Romney has now done it to himself with this pick.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,084,775 times
Quote:
Which makes the above comments just as poignant.
No not at all. I don't feel you really need executive experience to be VP. And all the liberal demagoguery that Laura predicted? Yes that will no doubt still occur. That doesn't make Ryan any less of a good candidate. The more demagoguery you face, the better your solutions are. At least that's been my observation. It will indeed be an uphill battle for the Romney-Ryan ticket, but as we saw in 2010, Americans are beginning to awaken to reality

Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,495,216 times
Epic thread bump.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,495,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
No not at all. I don't feel you really need executive experience to be VP. And all the liberal demagoguery that Laura predicted? Yes that will no doubt still occur. That doesn't make Ryan any less of a good candidate. The more demagoguery you face, the better your solutions are. At least that's been my observation. It will indeed be an uphill battle for the Romney-Ryan ticket, but as we saw in 2010, Americans are beginning to awaken to reality
I thought the VP was supposed to be ready to be POTUS. Oh well.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:58 PM
F40

826 posts, read 854,888 times
Just wanted to subscribe

carry on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections