Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,262,759 times

Advertisements

Kinda funny how hard CNN is pushing for John Hunstman

They have had like 10 articles on him in the past week. He isn't even a front runner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,437,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Huntsman is not going anywhere except back home. Romney doesn't rant and rave is fairly moderate compared to people like Ron Paul and Bachmann. It's so funny to see those pushing Huntsman because he doesn't really itimidate anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Seriously. It's hard to be intimidated by people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and that humans were created by spontaneous combustion.
Quote:
It wasn't directed at any candidates.
who was it directed at then? seemed like yours was a response to romney being intimidating.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:11 PM

27,857 posts, read 29,668,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So what? Why limit your choices to Bilderberg picks? Bilderberg chosen Presidents end up making this country WORSE. The idea is to AVOID the Bilderberg picks. Besides I don't think Romney was ever invited to a Bilderberg meeting although he may be getting some campaign money. Last election they picked McCain.

Huntsman barely got a fraction of what Romney and Perry got of votes in Iowa and THEY who are way ahead of Huntsman came in an embarrassing 7th and 6th place .

I don't know why anyone is still talking about Huntsman.
I don't know what you mean by "still." Huntsman hasn't been in the race all that long. Give him three or four months, and I think you'll see a pretty significant shifting of the numbers.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 PM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Kinda funny how hard CNN is pushing for John Hunstman

They have had like 10 articles on him in the past week. He isn't even a front runner...
He's not even in the middle of the pack. If he wasn't using his own money, he'd be out of it by now. He doubled his supporters and went from something like 1 percent to 2 percent.

What would he say in a general election debate with Obama? "Hi boss!" And what would Obama say to him, "I've been meaning to thank you Jon, for saying I was remarkable. See, even Jon Huntsman thinks I'm great."

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,643,883 times
Quote:
Seriously. It's hard to be intimidated by people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and that humans were created by spontaneous combustion.
What do you believe, Ecovlke?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,558,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So what? Why limit your choices to Bilderberg picks? Bilderberg chosen Presidents end up making this country WORSE. The idea is to AVOID the Bilderberg picks. Besides I don't think Romney was ever invited to a Bilderberg meeting although he may be getting some campaign money. Last election they picked McCain.

Huntsman barely got a fraction of what Romney and Perry got of votes in Iowa and THEY who are way ahead of Huntsman came in an embarrassing 7th and 6th place .

I don't know why anyone is still talking about Huntsman.
Easy now, woman. I'm on your side. What I meant was that those two Ken dolls are the ones who have met with the Bilderbergs, and that those two will be the ones that the media promotes as electable, presidential, and other worthless adjectives.
RP2012!!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:55 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,509,001 times
I've only voted for one Republican in my lifetime and thats Christie Todd Whitman. IF Huntsman by some miracle get the nomination. I don't know, he may sway a lot of black votes, this one for example. This is the type person and discussion I'm looking for in a Politician not someone with the recycled scripting about nothing to do with the issues.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,897,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He's not even in the middle of the pack. If he wasn't using his own money, he'd be out of it by now. He doubled his supporters and went from something like 1 percent to 2 percent.

What would he say in a general election debate with Obama? "Hi boss!" And what would Obama say to him, "I've been meaning to thank you Jon, for saying I was remarkable. See, even Jon Huntsman thinks I'm great."
The man has more class than any of the other candidates. He has solid credentials both at the state level and internationally. If I were looking at Resumes for persons qualified to fill the position, it would be hard to argue that his resume should not be at the top of the list.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 AM

888 posts, read 879,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Why is there such an emphasis on appearing "tough" and "macho?" I guess some candidates have fears about looking like a "sissy" or weakling or ??...It all seems crazy to me and silly and immature...It's hard for me to trust a candidate who "pops off at the mouth" in erratic and impulsive ways...How would they handle a crisis? Would they take time to look at all sides and think things "through" before they decide to "act?"
The most important thing to remember in this type of personality analysis is that there are people who continue to "come off" as intimidating when they have absolutely no intention of trying to be intimidating. They are usually called intimidating by those who are insecure about themselves.

True strength is based on principles and not on acting abilities. If you make someone feel intimidated, and you had no intention of doing so, the problem lies with the other person. True power based on solid principles do not need to use intimidation. Usually these people have so much internal strength that they choose to use it wisely.

All the rest is "insincere" intimidation, where a leader feels he has to act intimidating, but people who have a high confidence level can see right through the insincerity of it.

That is why the comment from DixieChick was irrational. Taking my view above and analyzing it in reverse would conclude that as long as you have principles and can communicate them clearly and if those principles are consistent and unwavering, and you are confident in them, there is no reason to *act* tough/macho/intimidating. Those that want cosmetic acting are insecure themselves, projecting their lack thereof on others.

Of course if you do not have respect for someone based on solid principles, it would be hard for that person to intimidate you. But that is different from disagreeing with a candidate's philosophy. Generally people who are narrow-minded and insecure really don't want to understand other's points of view.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM

27,857 posts, read 29,668,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
The most important thing to remember in this type of personality analysis is that there are people who continue to "come off" as intimidating when they have absolutely no intention of trying to be intimidating. They are usually called intimidating by those who are insecure about themselves.

True strength is based on principles and not on acting abilities. If you make someone feel intimidated, and you had no intention of doing so, the problem lies with the other person. True power based on solid principles do not need to use intimidation. Usually these people have so much internal strength that they choose to use it wisely.

All the rest is "insincere" intimidation, where a leader feels he has to act intimidating, but people who have a high confidence level can see right through the insincerity of it.

That is why the comment from DixieChick was irrational. Taking my view above and analyzing it in reverse would conclude that as long as you have principles and can communicate them clearly and if those principles are consistent and unwavering, and you are confident in them, there is no reason to *act* tough/macho/intimidating. Those that want cosmetic acting are insecure themselves, projecting their lack thereof on others.

Of course if you do not have respect for someone based on solid principles, it would be hard for that person to intimidate you. But that is different from disagreeing with a candidate's philosophy. Generally people who are narrow-minded and insecure really don't want to understand other's points of view.
Absolutely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections