Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:31 PM

37,753 posts, read 40,828,546 times

Advertisements

Does this mean he gets better podium placement at the next debate?

Perry: 29 percent
Romney: 17 percent
Paul: 13 percent
Bachmann: 10 percent

Huntsman is down to 1 percent. Other beats him.

Perry Zooms to Front of Pack for 2012 GOP Nomination

The results are broken down by subgroups, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
I still think we will get down to Romney, Perry and Bachmann by the time of the serious primaries, but Bachmann will fold early on in next year I am guessing. Of course we still have to see if anyone else jumps in; my guess, no one of any vote getting power will.

Nita

Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,821,111 times
Has Huntsman ever actually started his campaign?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,649,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I still think we will get down to Romney, Perry and Bachmann by the time of the serious primaries, but Bachmann will fold early on in next year I am guessing. Of course we still have to see if anyone else jumps in; my guess, no one of any vote getting power will.

Nita
Oh, for your sake...where's your proof?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Nita
I don't think Bachmann will make it to the primaries. I think she'll run out of money. I just don't see the big donors ponying up for her...unless she keeps mentioning her lawyer creds and the lawyers give her money. They are going to keep supporting Obama. The lawyers hate Perry because he promises tort reform. They may try to make Bachmann, Obama's opponent.

"America’s trial lawyers are getting ready to make the case against one of their biggest targets in years: Texas Gov. Rick Perry. Among litigators, there is no presidential candidate who inspires the same level of hatred — and fear — as Perry, an avowed opponent of the plaintiffs’ bar who has presided over several rounds of tort reform as governor. The governor has pushed through a string of tort reform laws, including a 2003 measure putting a monetary cap on non-economic damage awards. He passed another law in the most recent Texas legislative session, making it easier to dismiss some lawsuits and putting plaintiffs on the hook for legal costs in certain cases that are defeated or dismissed."

Trial lawyers prep for war on Rick Perry - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,751,135 times
Quote:

Nita
Perry is the flavor of the day. He'll go down quick. Bachmann looks bad because she can't go beyond sound bites when explaining her policies. She's slipping now. Decent on some small government policies but Romney is still the front runner. He's playing it smart and avoiding as much as he can which is what the front runner should do in his case imo.

I support Ron Paul but Romney is in charge for now. The best part about these small government frauds is when the policies they enacted get exposed to the public more understand most of the candidates are not for small government.

The debates will whittle the candidates down. The more debates the better for Ron Paul. The others can claim small government but their voting says otherwise.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:04 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,821,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Perry is the flavor of the day. He'll go down quick. Bachmann looks bad because she can't go beyond sound bites when explaining her policies.
Both will suffer from the hype. Neither of them are strong debaters, or candidates who can point to any policy they've implemented to back up their rhetoric. What both will ultimately suffer the most from is being able to convince anyone outside of the audience they've targeted throughout their political careers to even give them a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
support Ron Paul but Romney is in charge for now. The best part about these small government frauds is when the policies they enacted get exposed to the public more understand most of the candidates are not for small government.

The debates will whittle the candidates down. The more debates the better for Ron Paul. The others can claim small government but their voting says otherwise.
I agree, but the debates are run by the media who favor the flavor of the month club. We've already seen Fox trying to alienate RP from their chosen candidates via debates.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,310,222 times
Default Does it matter?

Bachmann bests Paul this week, Paul passes Bachmann the next. Perry leads the field one week, Romney the next...all asking the American public to hold their noses while these laughable people advance proposals from a party that has done nothing but fail and promote failure. Pretty pathetic.

The person who emerges, weakened and beaten senseless by the other GOP suspects, will get slaughtered.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,124,431 times
The Bildebergers back Perry, so he'll be in it for the long haul. Paul has to get the funding, so it all depends on his supporters. Being Morman is too big a liability for Romney with the Christian conservative bloc. I see Perry vs Paul. Either of them must choose Rubio for VP.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 AM

When you have no executive experience, there are no hard decisions to criticize. The only record you have is voting and writing laws, not exactly the duties of the chief executive of the US. The American public probably realizes this and that's why no Congressman has ever been elected to President directly from Congress since Garfield.

Now, if they would only apply that same line of thought to Senators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections