Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex attractions are similar to alcoholism?
Yes 8 8.70%
No 79 85.87%
Not sure 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,412,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
From the book, On My Honor by Rick Perry, 2008:

Rick Perry Compared Homosexuality To Alcoholism, Condemned ‘Radical Gays’ For Promoting ‘Gay Lifestyle’ | ThinkProgress

I'm not sure whether to think of his statement as ignorant or bizarre - or both.

If anyone here agrees with him, please explain why. I'm sure it will lead to an intellectually stimulating discussion. (Ha.)
On the contrary, people make the choice to believe in fairy tales and use that as a means to prejudge other Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,313,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Getting back to the subject of the thread, based on Gov. Perry's writings on the subject that he care what you or anyone else does for fun. I agree. It's none of my business, except when those who would promote the gay agenda seek to force the rest of us to grant unnatural unions the same acceptance as the natural.
You think gay people are gay "for fun"?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
If you are heterosuxual, then of course 'homosexual' (sic) would be 'unnatural' for you.

Homosexuality is perfectly natural for homosexuals, not heterosexuals.
Should be simple and easy to understand right?

Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
What a load of crap. Special treatment...what "special treatment"...?
You know, "Special treatment" like being treated like the rest of us.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:45 AM

38,601 posts, read 26,210,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
you aren't granting them anything.. their government is.. who happens to be everyone's government.. it has nothing to do with u..

The purpose of the gay agenda is to force acceptance of homosexuality at any cost.

Since mature adults have the intellectual capacity to intuitively understand a man inserting his penis in another man's recum is at once a crime against nature and disgusting, promoters of the homosexual line have targeted a captive audience too young to fully understand sex, let alone its perversions.

Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools

Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,898,119 times
Quote:
The purpose of the gay agenda is to force acceptance of homosexuality at any cost.

Since mature adults have the intellectual capacity to intuitively understand a man inserting his penis in another man's recum is at once a crime against nature and disgusting, promoters of the homosexual line have targeted a captive audience too young to fully understand sex, let alone its perversions.

what is your fascinaton with gay sex? especially penis/anus sex?
You are also aware that 50 percent of gay sex is lesbian sex where there is no penis?????????????
what is your problem???
nobody is forcing anything on anyone.. most people have come to the realization that homosexuality has been around forever, continues to be around.. their normal functioning members of society, and don't really think too much about what they're doing in their bedroom. I can assure you the last thing I'm thinking about when I meet you and your wife is your penis going in her vagina! so why is your mind in the gutter when it comes to gays?what is your fixation??? homosexuality is already considered normal in most of today's society.. you're fighting some holy righteous battle of nonsense...

answer me this.. r u a devout christian?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,313,935 times
Quote:

You link to a known anti-gay hate group with a reputation for spreading false 'information' and propaganda and expect anyone to take you seriously? LOL!

And why are you so obsessed with anal sex?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,182,308 times
personally, I do not care if he thinks that
as wrong as I think he is about it
if he is the one on the ticket, then he will have my vote!
ANY ONE BUT OBAMA!!
even palin!! good grief, never thought I would say it, but even her!!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,562,741 times
Apparently, Perry also believes gays should abstain from sex entirely.

Quote:
In “On My Honor,” Perry also punted on the exact origins of homosexuality. He wrote that he is “no expert on the ‘nature versus nurture’ debate,” but that gays should simply choose abstinence. Perry’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment on whether he maintains this view.
Political Animal - Perry equates homosexuality with alcoholism

I hope he's asked about this during the next debate.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 PM

38,601 posts, read 26,210,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
What "unnatural sex" are you talking about? The whole point is there is NOTHING "unnatural" about two homosexual men or two lesbians enjoying sex together.
Quote:
The purpose of sex is to create biologically diverse offspring for the purpose of continuing and bettering the species. Since only one man can create a child with one woman at any given time, sex should involve one adult man and one adult woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
The "purpose" of sex in my marriage was to bring my husband and I closer together. Yes, it resulted in my sons, but that was never the purpose of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
So you NEVER had sex for the simple pleasure it brings to you and your partner?

One man can create a child with one woman at a time? You skipped biology in school didn't you?

I wish some of our posters would learn to follow a thread rather than jumping in with questions and comments unrelated to the subject being discussed.

We were discussing nature's purpose for sex.

As for your purpose for having sex, that's your business and an entirely personal matter until and unless it results in the creation of a child. Then, we are all invested in the well-being of that child.

"One man can create a child with one woman at a time? You skipped biology in school didn't you?"

Does the man in question have more than one penis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections