Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Moneys on Rick perry obviously, not mine but some rich shmucks,, This is obviously the establishments man No Doubt
Unlike BHO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
FYI THE Bill Kristol, Karl Rove, Jonah Goldberg, Charles Krauthammer, Frank Luntz loved Bush who was from Texas. They don't care where they come from. They only want the ability to control.
Was Frank Luntz or Jonah Goldberg even around in 1999/2000? Did Krauthammer and Kristol feel that way about candidate Bush or were they behind Elizabeth Dole, McCain, Hatch, Quayle or Alexander in 1999? Don't forget they knew George Bush because of Bush 41. He wasn't some upstart that was new to them.

Rove is an outlier since he blew in with Bush.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,023 times
Can someone please tell me what specifically Perry has done in Texas to help create jobs, besides just taking naps in the governor's mansion?

<crickets chirping>

That's what I thought... You people who support Perry might as well be robots. Do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do...

Think for yourselves.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:50 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,871,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
That's what I thought... You people who support Perry might as well be robots. Do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do, do what the media tells you to do...

Think for yourselves.
You've got it backwards, my friend.

The media tells us to be afraid of Perry. That he's scary, stupid, Bush 2, etc...

The polls tell us lots of people are ignoring that. Thinking for themselves.

Go back and think about that, then determine who is really parrotting the media and who is actually thinking for themselves.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Was Frank Luntz or Jonah Goldberg even around in 1999/2000? Did Krauthammer and Kristol feel that way about candidate Bush or were they behind Elizabeth Dole, McCain, Hatch, Quayle or Alexander in 1999? Don't forget they knew George Bush because of Bush 41. He wasn't some upstart that was new to them.

Rove is an outlier since he blew in with Bush.
Goldberg is the son of the gal who was involved in the Clinton mess. I think his mom represented Linda Tripp. So, I would say he was barely around before 2000. Most of the guys we are talking about were not even players in 2000, you are right. I would say Kristol is the only one that really was part of the circle then.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections