Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:27 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

Is it too early to call Rick Perry and Mitt Romney and Michelle Bachman has beens? Between Perry siticking his foot in his mouth and sounding like a Red Neck combined with his dastardly deeds while in office, I think it is safe to say there are only a few Americans that would vote for him... for his hair style.

Those who would vote for Perry because he wears his religion on his sleeve should check to see and notice that his governing is diametrically opposed to his so called "religious values". I think some Christians are so naive that all it takes for them is for a candidate to pretend they are religious and they won't even LOOK to see if their background is consistent with their supposed beliefs.

I also think that these scummy government politicians wear religion on their sleeves because they KNOW they have done all sorts of evil acts while in office and they figure they better at least go through the religious motions so there might be a chance they'll be saved. They also probably figure Americans are so dumb, they won't even suspect their evil deeds as long as they continue to wear their religion on their sleeve.

I think this strategy helped George Bush but maybe Perry and Bachman may not be so lucky. People aren't as unsuspecting of presidential candidates as they were before 9/11 and now after we all have seen what a FARCE Obama has turned out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 05:31 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This article lists all his "accomplishments" and sums up Rick Perry's style of governing and leading pretty well. Who would vote for someone like this?

‘Gardasil’ Rick Perry for President?
There is little if anything in Perry's background that would cause me to vote for him. Sadly, those that put party before principle will rush to give Perry their support based on little other than the R after his name.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who complain about Obama while admitting Bush was anything but conservative will rush to support yet another candidate that is essentially more of the same.

Last edited by outbacknv; 08-27-2011 at 05:40 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 05:33 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
I'm getting the impression that Perry's popularity may prove to be very fleeting. Seems the more we hear of him, the less there is to recommend him.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I'm getting the impression that Perry's popularity may prove to be very fleeting. Seems the more we hear of him, the less there is to recommend him.
and that is why he is ahead or second in almost every poll and why he was elected in a landslide less than a year ago? I think you are putting too much into a few here on these boards.

Nita

Old 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
I agree. The more bring Creature Perry under the light, the worse he looks.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:07 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Having watched the neo-cons and vandies (evangelicals) in action since the end of the Clinton administration, I'd say they will flock to Perry. It matters not that this guy is about as crooked, compassionless, and maybe even evil. He says what they want to hear. Many are not willing or they aren't smart enough to see through Perry's facade.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
Quote:
That's exactly what the media wants you to think -- he's got very few friends among them. And he's not liked at all by the Washington folks they tend to interview. He's not from a political dynasty family... no friends in Washington. Zero. You may dislike his brand of politics, but he's good enough at it that he's built himself up from scratch.

Perry is disliked by the congresspeople from Texas, for the most part (except maybe Paul)... he's disliked by the Bushes, the Roves, etc... Bill Clinton seems to like him, though.

Anyway, what you are saying is simply echoing what 90% of the "press" on Perry is -- that he's scary, you should not support him, he's dangerous, etc. I don't blame you one bit for believing what you read, but just give it some thought on your own.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
I think you've go it, ole chap

Old 08-28-2011, 06:00 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Originally Posted by wade52

I think you've got it, ole chap >> I meant to type....half asleep.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:46 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
I have been looking at Perry and the rest of the "contenders" for the nomination of the GOP to be candidate to run for President in 2012. Damn it is going to be picking the 'best" of a bad bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections