U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,251,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Right. And this thread is about Bachmann saying that the earthquakes and hurricanes were a message from God to cut spending. Which is silly, right?
My opinion of who is silly....is not Bachmann.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 01:36 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,847,063 times
What is the big deal, her opinion only, not entitled to her own opinion as any of us. I know people not that relgious who felt the same way.

However in Bachman's case in light of what happened with the storm, and the innocent people who lost their lives because of the storm, i never would have made that statement never. People lost their lives, and only God knows for sure if it was his will or not.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM

17,878 posts, read 17,716,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
What is this stupid-itch going to say next?

"God is punishing politicians with the earthquake and hurricane." Really?

ROTFLMAO

And this sick freak will consider drilling in the Everglades. WTF?

Any repug in their right mind is probably red faced with shame and embarrassment by now. Seriously, repugs. This is what you guys put forth?

Pitiful.
This is why I could NEVER vote for a politician who literally believes in the bible and openly uses his/her religion in public speeches and issues. In a Family Guy episode, the town starts burning everything against the church including, "Science 101" and "Logic for First Graders" etc lol.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 PM

3,113 posts, read 2,515,284 times
She's the new Maude. Hey Washington, God is gonna get you for all that overspending!

Now go out there and spend more money to fix the mess he made!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM

5,930 posts, read 5,410,537 times
I think Bachman is pretty nutty, but I think it was clear she meant it as a joke this time.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM

80 posts, read 93,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
What is this stupid-itch going to say next?

"God is punishing politicians with the earthquake and hurricane." Really?

ROTFLMAO

And this sick freak will consider drilling in the Everglades. WTF?

Any repug in their right mind is probably red faced with shame and embarrassment by now. Seriously, repugs. This is what you guys put forth?

Pitiful.
I never even pay attention to that lunatic. A grapefruit has more intelligence, frankly!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM

12,439 posts, read 10,279,742 times
The scary part is that she has a percentage of the Republican party that is willing to vote for her. That is down right scary. I mean there are a lot of idiots on the street corner yelling all types of idiotic statements. The problems begin when there is a portion of our society that listen to these idiots.

If I lived in her district in Minnesota, I would be downright ashamed. They voted for this person.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM

7,270 posts, read 13,490,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
My opinion of who is silly....is not Bachmann.
I'm sorry. Yet again I am having a hard time understanding what you're talking about.

As someone else said, this was probably just a joke. One in poor taste, in my opinion, but a joke nonetheless. I'll admit that if it was someone else who told it, I'd probably be telling everyone else to lighten up, but it just seems a little bit dangerous coming from Michelle Bachmann...

I just tire of the idea that God is in any way a political entity, or gives tacit support for or scorn for anything as banal as a political party or a budgetary policy.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,979,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I think Bachman is pretty nutty, but I think it was clear she meant it as a joke this time.
Maybe, but also consider this:

But a Public Religion Research institute/ Religion News Service poll from earlier this year found that nearly 40 percent of Americans “believe that earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters are a sign from God.”

Source: Michele Bachmann jokes that God sent hurricane, earthquake - Under God - The Washington Post

Also, many on this thread did not exactly think it was a joke and went on to justify the mysterious ways of god. Bachman's press secretary simply walked the dog back (Bachman was just kidding is the official version now) realizing eventually she will have to face a more diverse national audience.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,794,663 times
The key is that Bachmann presented her statement as a joke. Given her extreme religious views that 'joke' is a convenient way to present her beliefs and leave the door open when she gets pummeled.

This is a common tactic used by many; bullies, (oh, can't you take a joke?) the envious, (snide remarks with a smile on the face is a common passive aggressive attack by jealous women).

You get the point. It's okay. Bachmann's moronic mouth is digging her political grave. Now that is God protecting the American people from the nutty teabaggers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections