Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times

Advertisements

Politics aside, joking aside, i don't know anyone who agrees with the statement she made. In the wake of the storm, did she not know that innocent people died, trying to save, things that they love and owned.

I get the point, i know what she is trying to say, and do know others who think as she does, and they are not even that religious. HOWEVER in the aftermath and tragedy of so many who died, that statement should not have been made. I don't see anything funny about this remark, no matter who would of said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 06:22 PM

954 posts, read 1,276,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I am restricted from expressing my STRONG opinion of your post, here....but if you don't believe Almighty God IS intently INVOLVED in all facets of life here on earth....of HIS children...>>>Born again Christians<<<.....then you simply don't know what you are talking about!!!

And for what it's worth....I'd be VERY CAREFUL what you...or anyone says about Michele Bachmann's expressing her Faith in God! - God's Wrath is furious....and wise people know that.
Sarcasm just doesn't work on the internet...

Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM

773 posts, read 500,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Politics aside, joking aside, i don't know anyone who agrees with the statement she made. In the wake of the storm, did she not know that innocent people died, trying to save, things that they love and owned.

I get the point, i know what she is trying to say, and do know others who think as she does, and they are not even that religious. HOWEVER in the aftermath and tragedy of so many who died, that statement should not have been made. I don't see anything funny about this remark, no matter who would of said it.
Nicely put. I will give anyone a mulligan on most things. She already used her mulligan on other questionable statements. This one was particularly stupid and insensitive. She is toast.

I even gave Obama a mulligan with the 57 states comments and Biden one with telling the paralyzed guy to stand up. But then they continue to say awful things like calling people terrorists and telling them they can sit in the back.

What is it with these politicians? They have entire teams working for them. Doesn't anyone screen what the hell they are planning on saying? Especially Obama. I mean my God, he reads everything from the teleprompter. Doesn't anyone proof read what the hell the buffoon is going to say?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,191,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It’s ironic that God would use a hurricane to send a memo about cutting government spending, considering that the damage it causes it[sic] likely going to increase government spending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you say definitively that it wasn't?
I can.

For one thing, if a divine being wanted to get humans to change their behavior, sending a natural disaster obviously doesn't cut it. The message is unclear, it could be attributed to a variety of behavior by those who think it's a divine message, and ultimately, it's ineffective because people keep doing the same thing that supposedly has angered the divinity. If your god keeps using the same "messaging system" he used throughout millennia, and keeps getting poor results, your god is stupid. And that contradicts what a god is supposed to be (at least, the version of an almighty, omnipotent, inerrant god that Christians believe in).

This type of god using hard-to-interpret disaster messages strikes me as being like a pissed-off girlfriend who comes up with some retribution, but gives you no reason for the punishment other than saying "if you really loved me, you'd know why I'm angry with you."

Some god.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM

22,092 posts, read 19,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
That's probably true. But can you say that without a doubt?
I'm not bats*** insane so YES I can say that without a doubt. The Hurricane and Earthquake were not a message from God.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,643,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The Hurricane and Earthquake were not a message from God.
I KNOW for a fact....you DON'T KNOW if they were

Old 08-31-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I KNOW for a fact....you DON'T KNOW if they were
Katrina and 9/11 were caused by God getting pissed off that we were too accepting of gays right??

Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,591,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
What is this stupid-itch going to say next?

"God is punishing politicians with the earthquake and hurricane." Really?

ROTFLMAO

And this sick freak will consider drilling in the Everglades. WTF?

Any repug in their right mind is probably red faced with shame and embarrassment by now. Seriously, repugs. This is what you guys put forth?

Pitiful.
It explains why most of the Tornadoes in the world occur in the midwest

Old 08-31-2011, 08:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,643,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Katrina and 9/11 were caused by God getting pissed off that we were too accepting of gays right??
Not ''we''...but New Orleans, La, - I'd honestly believe....YES!!!

You asked...I answered.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Not ''we''...but New Orleans, La, - I'd honestly believe....YES!!!

You asked...I answered.
So you believe that God goes off killing people, some God you believe in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections