Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM

888 posts, read 885,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I'm talking about the votes that have been counted during a REAL election. They are around 14% ...
QG,

If RoPa was wearing his religious views more on his sleeve (or collar), would you be a supporter? I mean, SaPa ain´t even in the race and you support her.

Don´t you think you are being just a little hypocritical? I mean it was you that said that being God-fearing matters to you, so why would having only 14% (according to you) influence your opinion?

I know I ask difficult questions, but why not try to give me an answer?
A *logical* one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I'm talking about the votes that have been counted during a REAL election. They are around 14% ...
Ron Paul was virtually tied with the winner of the Iowa Straw Poll who bought most of her votes (Bachman) and now he's ahead of her. Romney and Perry came in 7th and 6th place. What are you talking about? There have not been any "real elections" yet.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,110,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
....Then they fight you. Then you win.

Is Ron Paul going to prove Ghandi right? It seems like he is enduring the third phase of the 4 phase cycle. Doesn't it?

They ignored him and laughed at him last time. Now they can't do that because he's winning or placing high in the straw polls. His fan base is growing. He can raise money like crazy. Seems to me especially with the attack article in The American Conservative Magazine and the derogatory remarks about him (that he "can't win" and he's a "long-shot") is the media's way of trying to fight the inevitable and it is backfiring on them because people see the injustice they've done with the lack of reporting which makes them all that much more determined to support Ron Paul.

First they ignore you
Then laugh at you and hate you
Then they fight you
Then you win
When the truth dies very bad things happen
They're being heartless again

Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Ron Paul is no Ghandi. It's disrespectful to Ghandi to quote him like that.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Default Nonsense

Quote:

Is Ron Paul going to prove Ghandi right? It seems like he is enduring the third phase of the 4 phase cycle. Doesn't it?
... more nonsense...Ron Paul.
As far as I can tell, Paul is either being ignored, laughed at, or being fought while being laughed at.

He hasn't a chance in hell, but keep dreamin.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:58 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ron Paul is no Ghandi. It's disrespectful to Ghandi to quote him like that.
Ghandi is no Ghandi.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Lightbulb First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you,....

Quote:

They ignored him and laughed at him last time. Now they can't do that because he's winning or placing high in the straw polls. His fan base is growing. He can raise money like crazy. Seems to me especially with the attack article in The American Conservative Magazine and the derogatory remarks about him (that he "can't win" and he's a "long-shot") is the media's way of trying to fight the inevitable and it is backfiring on them because people see the injustice they've done with the lack of reporting which makes them all that much more determined to support Ron Paul.

In all honesty, Ron Paul is NOT running for president. He's a smart guy. He absolutely knows he has no chance. He does it to gain publicity for his agenda. And there's nothing wrong with that. But his followers don't seem to grasp what he's doing.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
First they ignore you
Then laugh at you and hate you
Then they fight you
Then you win
When the truth dies very bad things happen
They're being heartless again
Is that the original Ghandi quote? There seem to be so many variations on-line all attributed to him.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 AM

I wonder if we are going to start to see pro-Ron Paul articles now in more of the Media. It seems the liberals at Huffington Post think Ron Paul best supports their values. There is an article there today about the 10 Best Reasons to Vote for Ron Paul.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
this little diddy only works when you have truth on your side.

Ron Paul doesnt. He has some truth on his side. but he also has wacky ideas that dont work in the impolite society we have.

and a gold standard is as workable as using glass beads for money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections