Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:54 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
This past weekend, I was at a social gathering of friends and strangers (in Tampa, not Miami), with mostly 30-something ¨professionals¨.
Maybe because I seemed interesting enough, I managed to get several women to talk about politics, and in particular Ron Paul.

At the expense of keeping this story brief, every single woman that I spoke to felt that it was more important to have abortion clinics conveniently located close to their homes, so that a woman could have one whenever needed.

At the same time, everyone agreed that it was not fair to be forced by Ron Paul to have to shell out hard-earned money to travel to a pro-abortion state to have the procedure done, because that would take away from travel money that could be used to go to Vegas or to the Caribbean or ¨Fill In Blank with Name of Destination¨. These women deserve vacations too, evidently, and spending money on travel to have an abortion procedure done is unfair - especially in these economic times.

All of them said there would be no way in hell that they would vote for Ron Paul, even if they agreed with him on many issues.

Is there anyone who feels that this type of female attitude is not very, putting it politely, ¨inspirational¨??????

To give them a little credit, every single one of them knew who Ron Paul was (a politician), although nearly all of them did not know he was running for president.
I'd be curious on what issues they do agree with Ron Paul.
Seems from your description, they are Obama supporters
through and through.

I'm also curious why abortion would even really be an
issue for a 30 something professional. The patch etc.
would be in use - if you're sexually active and in your
thirties, and your STILL not using birth control - your
a moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,803,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
like prohibition?
Huh?

Quote:
wow you got something right about Ron Paul.
Show me anytime i've been wrong

Quote:
maybe. No more than that imo. I don't see that happening for a very long time. We still kill innocent people in the Middle East. It's going to take some time for people to believe in the sanctity of life.
Paul is strongly against warmongering and fascism. He did a very slick move tying it into his pro life stances at the iowa straw poll you are referencing to, to appeal to those on the right, though he's actually sitting with his libertarian views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yea....he just feels that state government should intrude on a woman's body. Gee, that makes me feel so much better about it.
Only the women in one or two states would lose their rights? And you think that is OK?
How about we ban football in only one or two states? How would you like that? LOL
As you said, Ron Paul is strongly pro-life.....and if he can use states rights as an underhanded, backdoor way to ban abortion he will. THAT is his agenda and we all know it.
I don't agree with Paul's views, I'm just stating what they are.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,513,673 times
Quote:
What about poor women who can't take days or a week off of work to travel to another state? What if they don't have enough money to travel to another state? What if they have no one to care for their other children, elderly parents or pets while they travel to another state?

Why should only wealthy women have the right to an abortion?

That's the way it was in the old days you know......wealthy women could afford safe abortions, under the radar. Poor women....well....they always had the back alley abortionists to go to.

Is that what we want to go back to? That is exactly what will happen if abortion is ever banned again.

You will NEVER stop abortion.....you will only stop SAFE abortion.

BTW.....I am DELIGHTED that these young women knew what Ron Paul is really all about and would not vote for him because of it. I applaud them!

and......FYI.....aborting a FETUS is not killing a child.
I disagree with different parts of your post, but what I bolded I agree with and is key.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I disagree with different parts of your post, but what I bolded I agree with and is key.
very good post.

Nita

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,369,530 times
Quote:
Not hypocritical at all. A fetus is not a child. A cat, dog, etc. fetus is not a cat or dog.

I am pro-choice. I have had kitten fetuses aborted when I took in a pregnant stray. I still have her. Friends of mine had pit bull fetuses aborted when they took in an abused {she had buckshot in her} pit bull. They still have her.

Babies, kittens, puppies that are BORN have feelings, they think and feel.

Fetuses do not think or feel, they are not aware.....they do not have rights until they are viable outside of the womb....be they human, cat, or dog, etc.

I need to print this copy this and email it to all my friends. you are a poster child for what is wrong with this country.

going to puke now...

Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 PM

4,147 posts, read 4,167,025 times
I find these women disgusting. If you do not want a child, then practice safe sex? Sure, condom cannot guarantee it 100%, but using one is a lot saving than not using one.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM

605 posts, read 704,328 times
I can't give you anymore Rep today Annie!

People who want to oppose their views on others based on their religious or moral views is wrong. Let doctors and scientists determine when life begins.

Personally I am Pro-Choice, but I (personally) don't agree with late-abortion. I think people far smarter than I should determine what that distinction should be. I also think we can do a whole lot better as a society by better educating our youth on pregnancy-prevention.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,445,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
This past weekend, I was at a social gathering of friends and strangers (in Tampa, not Miami), with mostly 30-something ¨professionals¨.
Maybe because I seemed interesting enough, I managed to get several women to talk about politics, and in particular Ron Paul.

At the expense of keeping this story brief, every single woman that I spoke to felt that it was more important to have abortion clinics conveniently located close to their homes, so that a woman could have one whenever needed.

At the same time, everyone agreed that it was not fair to be forced by Ron Paul to have to shell out hard-earned money to travel to a pro-abortion state to have the procedure done, because that would take away from travel money that could be used to go to Vegas or to the Caribbean or ¨Fill In Blank with Name of Destination¨. These women deserve vacations too, evidently, and spending money on travel to have an abortion procedure done is unfair - especially in these economic times.

All of them said there would be no way in hell that they would vote for Ron Paul, even if they agreed with him on many issues.

Is there anyone who feels that this type of female attitude is not very, putting it politely, ¨inspirational¨??????

To give them a little credit, every single one of them knew who Ron Paul was (a politician), although nearly all of them did not know he was running for president.
Oh My Gosh! That is horrifying! Did you ask them if abortions were worth giving up their FREEDOM and right to privacy for? Did you tell them that it could very well be the pro-abortion candidates were all such warmongers that we could very well end up with a war on our own soil? Would preventing that from happening be worth the inconvenience of driving to a state where they could get their abortion?

I think you are being WAY TOO generous Wynwood. I wouldn't have given those 30 something women more than a fraction of a credit. Needless to say, did these air heads have the faintest idea of what the Federal Reserve was or who Ben Bernanke was??? I bet not.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
A lot of women agree with Ron Paul and believe life begins at conception, I think you were just talking to typical liberal women (I mean, this was in vegas after all)

I don't mean to hijack the thread by this: The other day I was eating at a vegan restaurant and it got me thinking... I love how all these vegan's (who are typically liberal) are all about animal rights, but when it comes to the rights of a child (i.e. abortion) they couldn't care less (pro-choice). It is a bit hypocritical...
So True Cyclone. I dated an ethical vegan once and he and his mother and sister were also and they were all Planned parenthood backers but they thought is was dreadful if you so much as ate honey!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The US supreme court says it is not. Anyone to argue is wrong.

Otherwise while Paul is strongly pro-life, he also feels the federal government should not intrude on a woman's body, rather leaving it up to the states to decide.
Lets say Paul did make it to the white house, legislation to pass such bill would be nearly impossible and even it if did, you would likely only see possibly a state or two pass such a bill
You are so right Tempest. I'm sure that would be on the bottom of the list of his objectives. People should get real about that and stop voting for or agaisnt candidates based on this sole issue. It just isn't going to come up for a long long time. We have too many other MUCH more serious issues and prublems to solve before that issue would EVER be one of the countries "worst problems".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections