Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,073,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I won't vote for either of them.
Then you vote "FOR" BO by your absence of a vote against him.

IMHO, unless we have a lot of voting citizens who are absolutely ignorant, Mickey Mouse should be able to defeat BO...and would do a far better job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,773,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Some people like him to beat Obama, do you?
AS long as he runs America as well as he's ran Texas, I don't see a problem.

*cough*

Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
If it's between Perry and Obama, my vote will go to Obama.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,507,325 times
This is C-D which is quite Conservative so of course Perry wins! Oh please tell me that most Americans want to be like Texas!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,560,267 times
Default Will Perry Beat Obama

Highly unlikely.

But it's still 14 months til the election. That's a long time in politics. A whole lot can happen between now and then. Perry may not even be the nominee.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,786,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I hear this kind of silly statement all the time and wonder why not? Look at the idiotic statements, and things that skippy has done the past 3 years. You seem to think that people would be willing to re-elect him than vote for a guy that actually looks competent?

That's just crazy.
You are the one letting your heart overrule your head. Bachmann and Perry cannot beat Obama.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,916,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think as soon as we see him in a debate we will be able to better judge. Right now he is new and exciting to many, including me. I don't like everything he has done or not done, but I do, overall like him. When I hear him speak I will have a clear picture.

Nita

Simple answer, Perry WON"T debate just like he didnt against Bill White. If Perry is the nominee and debating, I believe that Obama would eat him alive. Obama is very smart. Perry is not.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,357,243 times
If one of the rightwing nutjobs like Perry or Bachmann get the GOP nomination, the Democrats could put a cardboard cutout with a big letter "D" written on it and win by a landslide.

The only GOP with a chance of beating Obama is Romney, but the GOP is too caught up in pandering to the loonies on the right to have the guts to nominate him. Keep your eye on Christie. If he cleans out the stall in NJ (and doesn't quit halfway through to become a news bunny) he could be a contendah in 2016.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who do you think will if Perry doesn't?

Nita
I think the ultimate GOP candidate may very well be someone not yet in the race (*cough Christie/Rubio cough*)

It won't be Perry though. He's a far right, evangelical to the point of irrational, provencial blow-hard with a lot of baggage, and not much between the ears. Dispite all his bragging, his record in Texas is mixed, to say the least.

Perry's the new hottie in class right now, but it just shows how fugly the rest of the GOP class is . He's gonna get creamed in the debates by fellow nutball Bachmann, and by interviewers, if he ever starts giving interviews.

The Capitalist Elite money boys want to win. They are sitting on all that looted cash, waiting for a more "business friendly" administration. Perry might fill that bill, but he has to get elected first. Obama is IMMINENTLY beatable (sigh), but Perry draws too sharp a contrast with his bible thumpin' no-nuthin hick BS. The Power Rangers don't want to scare off the independents. The Murdoch wing will use the Tea Party like a dirty butt-wipe all day long, but they won't let them pick the candidate.

Besides, American voters are not ready for another Texas guv in the WH (we're still digging out from the last one). It is TOO SOON!

Perry's about to peak, IMO, and will quickly fade to the middle of the pack.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
He's definately the only one with a chance.

Romney, Palin, Gingrich etc are the front runners and really have no chance. They are all sunken ships without the treasure.

It really speaks volumes on what the GOP is about when Donald Trump was your best shot a few months ago.

Several of those could beat Obama, maybe all of them. Romney actually will fair better than Perry. He is less polarizing and appeals to independents and swing voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections