Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Maybe the chatter was that the speech was going to help his reelection chance plummet.......even more.
Obama did cement his loss for re-election. Even democrats are highly disappointed with Obama's big jobs speech that was the same old crap as before that didn't work, no plan on paper, just a campaign speech, no real plan to pay for it, just scare tactics that it must be accepted now, congress must pass it now, don't wait for a bill or plan on how to pay for it, just pass it now, you must pass it now, what are you waiting for ... you must pass it now... now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Sources?
Two liberal Internet sites I frequent which have provided solid tips in the past, plus confirmation of the left's unhappiness with Obama from the secretary of a democrat leader in my state.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think the OP was talking about resignation, I think he was talking about Obama not running again.

Nita
Correct. We shall see what happens going forward, but it does appear there is a lot of internal pressure on Obama to not run again.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Obama did cement his loss for re-election. Even democrats are highly disappointed with Obama's big jobs speech that was the same old crap as before that didn't work, no plan on paper, just a campaign speech, no real plan to pay for it, just scare tactics that it must be accepted now, congress must pass it now, don't wait for a bill or plan on how to pay for it, just pass it now, you must pass it now, what are you waiting for ... you must pass it now... now
Never underestimate the ability of the ignorant voters to once again elect Obama based on the same failed promises. I find it amazing when talking to some people on the left. They really expect Obama to pay off there debt and give them a house.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
The week is over. What happened again?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The week is over. What happened again?
Go back a few and read what has been posted.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:18 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
And just who will replace him? Hillary? I mean seriously........all we will get with 99% of the people that are running or will run save for Ron Paul is more of the same. I mean that is the entire problem. THEY ARE ALL IN ON IT! Why are the American people so dumb? Hell I don't even think they are dumb.......I think they are retarded these days without any ability to think rationally or critically. They see a candidate on t.v. hey he's handsome, he's well spoken, he's this, he's that......without really digging deep into who the person is, their voting record, or what they really stand for. Hell most Americans don't even know what America is supposed to stand for anymore anyways. They let their children and wives be groped and corralled like cattle at the airport. Do you really expect the men of this country to stand up and fight for change, liberty or freedom? Hell no! It's football season, the real men of America are drinking beer, eating chips, and memorizing ad nauseum what joe quarterback ate for breakfast and how many times a week he takes a dump.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:27 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Even if obama wasnt re-elected he will still receive x amount of money & benefits monthly for the rest of his life. He also will have secret service for himself, his wife & 2 kids for the rest of their lives. I never did understand why the govt does that. Does anyone ?
The protection is for ten years after leaving office.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Go back a few and read what has been posted.
I watched his speech; I read the papers every day. Did Obama make such an announcement that I didn't hear about?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:24 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Yes, he said "I have no new ideas, just the same old repudiated ones".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections