Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would not blame him if he did. If I were Obama, I'd want to get the stench of the GOP as far away from me and mine as humanly possible. I'd take a year long shower after being in such close proximity to the GOP/Tea Party/ Neocon slime.
Were you not around during Bush's final years? You don't sound like you were but I don't know since I came here after the Coronation.

I don't think he is likely to resign but who knows what the string pullers may have decided since they tore into him before his vacation when it seemed possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
No. With the possibilities in the republican party he won't have any problem winning.
Not even with the really black man who opened up with his ideas for tax changes? I am not sure that Obama could win against Cain.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As you recall... only Republicans lost in the Wisconsin recalls.
One or two?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
Oh please.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:24 PM

773 posts, read 503,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm an independent conservative who is utterly fed up with both "sides".

Quote:
And there's a lot more behind this mess than the housing crisis....that's only the latest chapter in a story that is decades old.

2 for 2.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
You mean your dem friends and your black friends will vote Romney or Perry? Don't think so. They'll stay home....and so will a lot of Independents who want no part of the GOP/Big Business machine that dug us into this hole.

I want no part of Obama's social agenda, but this economic mess is not his.

This isn't just another recession. In the absence of a bold new leader that will stand up to Big Business and bring all things related to this "globalization" race to the bottom BS to a screeching halt, this is a death watch.
Did you hear the only real businessman in the bunch talk last night on Greta? If not you can hear him talk about his tax program he is calling 9, 9. 9. I think that Herman may convince businessmen that he will allow them to expand and create all the jobs that the present administration has kept from coming into existence. Surely he could win a number of the black votes since he is blacker than Obama.

If you haven't heard what I speak of there is a fairly new thread started by Miborn that has a video of it. I would think that by now YouTube would have it, also. Greta van Susteren's show is where he talked.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

Clinton versus Perry or Bachmann, LMFAO, no contest.
I agree Clinton would be an exciting, viable candidate. And the Cons would HATE this because once again the Democrats would be playing the "historic first" card. First black president and now first woman president -- back to back! The Cons may hate this so much that they nominate Bachmann LOLOLOL! Now that would be fun to watch.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He's probably scared of having to go up against Ron Paul after he wins the Republican nomination and have his stupidity on so many issues he is supposed to have a good grasp on EXPOSED.
Paul won't win the Republican nomination and will have to be the third party candidate to have a chance. Mark my words.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:29 PM

773 posts, read 503,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Paul won't win the Republican nomination and will have to be the third party candidate to have a chance. Mark my words.
That's money in the bank, even though I think Ron is great.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Bachman is out. Say crazy things and shoot yourself in the foot. Bye bye. It will be either Perry or Romney. I need to learn more about Perry, but Romney is enough of a RINO to get votes from the middle and slight left.

Unless things drastically change I say Romney easily beats Obama and puts up a good fight against Hillary. The left knows this and some segments are trying to out Obama as fast as possible. Of course to save face they want it to be on his make believe terms.
Maybe you need to read Rasmussen Reports for today. They have Perry ahead of Obama and all the others a bit behind. I don't want Perry but I sure don't want Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections