Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times

Advertisements

Could Barack Obama be the first modern incumbent to not receive his parties nomination?

It seems like his base is abandoning him and his numbers keep dropping, the economy is in the tank due to his awful fiscal policies and there is no quick fix unfortunately. If he didn't, who could the Democrats bring in? They are really in a weak state at this point so even if Obama did not have much support, he may be the Dem's strongest candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
First the economy is in the tank because of the horrific republican policies under Bush.
Second While I would like to see a strong democrat come in and unseat Obama it's not going to happen until 2016. If anything there may be a relative unknown that may run for the most part just to call Obama out on his BS and give him a strong wake up call to stop being a sell out to wall street, and buddy-buddy with the republicans that will never respect or work with him.
Now while the base is pissed, they really have nowhere to go. Some strong liberals and other disgruntled democrats likely will vote for Paul, though the rest will hold their noses and vote for Obama.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
First the economy is in the tank because of the horrific republican policies under Bush.
Second While I would like to see a strong democrat come in and unseat Obama it's not going to happen until 2016. If anything there may be a relative unknown that may run for the most part just to call Obama out on his BS and give him a strong wake up call to stop being a sell out to wall street, and buddy-buddy with the republicans that will never respect or work with him.
Now while the base is pissed, they really have nowhere to go. Some strong liberals and other disgruntled democrats likely will vote for Paul, though the rest will hold their noses and vote for Obama.

Interesting: Please cite these Bush policies that you speak of. When were they encated? Who controlled Congress at those times?

You won't see a Dem primary challenger because they're not willing to be called a racist for running against Barry.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:43 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

1. The economy with Bush was great until the democratic congress took control.

2. Unemployment and the debt has increased dramatically since Bush left office.

3. The housing bubble was precipitated by liberal policy through the "fair housing" initiatives of liberals.

4. Big government, increased regulation, increased taxes, and reduced energy exploration is not the path to prosperity. This is pretty obvious.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Interesting: Please cite these Bush policies that you speak of. When were they encated? Who controlled Congress at those times?
Tax cuts for the rich, republican control of house/senate

False war in iraq, republican control of house/senate

Blank checks with outrageous spending to fund the wars, republican control of house/senate

Medicare part D, republican control of house/senate

Anti constitution/liberty Patriot act, republican control of house/senate

Anti constitution/liberty/massive spending creating the department of homeland security, republican control of house/senate,..

I could go on and on but the republicans and Bush were a well oiled machine pumping out bill after bill of massive spending, huge government, and anti freedom/liberty/constitution. The american people were sick of it as to why the GOP got stomped by the dems in 06' taking back the house and senate, stopping the nightmare the republicans were sending the country into.

Quote:
You won't see a Dem primary challenger because they're not willing to be called a racist for running against Barry.
Really?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Tax cuts for the rich, republican control of house/senate

False war in iraq, republican control of house/senate

Blank checks with outrageous spending to fund the wars, republican control of house/senate

Medicare part D, republican control of house/senate

Anti constitution/liberty Patriot act, republican control of house/senate

Anti constitution/liberty/massive spending creating the department of homeland security, republican control of house/senate,..

I could go on and on but the republicans and Bush were a well oiled machine pumping out bill after bill of massive spending, huge government, and anti freedom/liberty/constitution. The american people were sick of it as to why the GOP got stomped by the dems in 06' taking back the house and senate, stopping the nightmare the republicans were sending the country into.

Really?

That's an interesting take but none of those caused the current recession. I'd love to hear an explanation on how you figure they did. Can you explain how the Patriot Act damaged the economy or is this another baseless moonbat Bush bashing rant?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
That's an interesting take but none of those caused the current recession. I'd love to hear an explanation on how you figure they did.
Spend some time doing your research. If you were well informed on all the issues I stated, you wouldn't be asking this question

Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
Hey, I agree it was the Democratic regulation of the housing market that created this huge bubble amongst all of the other government controlled ponzi-schemes and then slap a big dose of Keynsian economic policies and watch the economy implode.

So TempesT, I am assuming by your railing against large government spending, you will be voting for the candidate that espouses smaller government and decreased spending such as a good Conservative candidate?

But does anyone think Obama may not get the nomination? I think there may be a chance given how weak he has been.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Spend some time doing your research. If you were well informed on all the issues I stated, you wouldn't be asking this question

What you really mean is that you can't answer my question. So this is yet another baseless moonbat Bush bashing rant. Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Hey, I agree it was the Democratic regulation of the housing market that created this huge bubble amongst all of the other government controlled ponzi-schemes
False. The democrats called for Bush to loosen the leash on loans for housing. Bush in turn, along with the republican controlled congress completely took it off letting the big banks run wild giving out predatory loans destroying countless peoples lives. The same thing happened with Bush and the republicans letting big oil do the dangerous deep sea drilling that led to the gulf oil spill disaster.

Quote:
So TempesT, I am assuming by your railing against large government spending, you will be voting for the candidate that espouses smaller government and decreased spending
Absolutely.

Quote:
such as a good Conservative candidate?
Now that's funny. That's like saying we should trust a crackhead as they are good with money and only have the best intentions in mind, never just themselves,..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections