Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you would give obama the benefit of the doubt since i know you are a fair minded republican.

but the right would be saying the same thing if obama was governor of texas and went back there instead of going to a debate.

im just not forgiving enough.

i have to assume perry made a political move, because thats what all politicians do first and foremost.
Of course they do, that doesn't mean Perry didn't do the right thing, and yes. Obama did the right thing to cut his vacation a day or two short when Irene was moving up the coast. Was it political? Sure, he still did the right thing. I think anyone that says Perry returned to Texas because he was afraid to debate whomever needs to rethink this. The same with those who have to add the prayer crap. If you don't want to pray that is fine, no one is asking you to, if Perry did return to pray for the end of the fires, fine, it isn't hurting anyone and those who bring it up are very childish.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Obama did the right thing to cut his vacation a day or two short when Irene was moving up the coast. Was it political? Sure, he still did the right thing.

Nita
Maybe Obama just wanted to get out of the way of a hurricane/possible flood situation, like every one else

Just as Perry - with Perry living at the mansion, and
flames almost at his doorstep; he just went home
to collect his most prized possessions - after all - there had
been a fire at the mansion in the past

Political, my ass....
Both guys were just being self centered with an every man for themselves mindset .....

Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Did I hear correctly that Perry has also dropped out of the Wednesday debate in CA? I haven't had time to research it but heard it on the radio.....

Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Did I hear correctly that Perry has also dropped out of the Wednesday debate in CA? I haven't had time to research it but heard it on the radio.....
This is what I've got:

NBCNews/Politico Debate | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President
"Rick Perry comes back to Texas to oversee firefighting efforts, canceling events in South Carolina and California, but he says he’ll still attend the debate on Wednesday night"

"Perry’s campaign insists that the governor will attend Wednesday’s debate at the Reagan Presidential library."

Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Guess he is afraid of going up against smarter competitors.

Live from South Carolina: GOP Presidential Forum - Erika Johnsen

I guess none of us should be surprised about that!
He knows that he will win SC. He is a slimy bush II and here the republicans love neo cons and still love bush. Perry will win SC easily so he had no need to be up there with the rest of those losers. Who keeps telling all of them except romney that they stand a chance? Romney will lose to perry even though he is the better candidate because the right wing loves stealing from the tax payer and calling it small government neo-cons. That is exactly what perry is.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
This is what I've got:

NBCNews/Politico Debate | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President
"Rick Perry comes back to Texas to oversee firefighting efforts, canceling events in South Carolina and California, but he says he’ll still attend the debate on Wednesday night"

"Perry’s campaign insists that the governor will attend Wednesday’s debate at the Reagan Presidential library."
thanks, glad you could clarify it, I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Nita

Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 AM

actually just read another report, from the Tiodays show just a while ago: 2 things: 1, he is still not sure if he will particpate or not and I don't know where the information came from, saying the fires were all contained, they are not. That is why he is hesitant to commit. I just read this on the net. The fires not being contained was not what he said, but a different story.

NIta

Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Guess he is afraid of going up against smarter competitors.
That is his style. He will avoid debates and interviews. I don't understand why he would though considering his support comes from people who couldn't care less about how stupid he may end up being demonstrated as. And I doubt any thinking person would see him as a good candidate.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Perry is the nominee. Its that simple. Ill be glad when the rest of this clueless group gets that and drops out so the main focus for the big O and team can be defeating bush III and getting this country fixed for the working class.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
the main focus for the big O and team can be defeating bush III
So, Obama is running against himself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections