U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM

2,618 posts, read 5,466,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I won't go to hell because there is no hell.

I am not as stupid as people who believe in fairytales.

I don't need religion as a crutch to get me through life either.
You need a lot more than religion. You live in a fairytale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
This is a fiscal issue that you bring up, and not a moral one.
Annie doesn't know what morality is and doesn't know what fiscal means.

Quote:
Life isn't fair....the father has no say because he does not have to carry the pregnancy in his body....he does not have to suffer like the woman does. Women can die during childbirth......men aren't the ones risking their life by carrying a pregnancy....why should they get to make any decisions concerning the pregnancy?

It is not fair that women are the only ones who have to give birth either....what do you suggest we do about that to make it fair?

No birth certificate = not a person in the eyes of the law/government. Don't you see the hypocracy here?
I'm sure there's a lot of women who would give anything to be able to have what you call a "suffering".

You can die doing just about anything.

If men have no right or responsibility to the decision of the pregnancy, he should not be legally obligated to support you and the child, either. This is not my personal opinion, this is reasoning based on your fairytale logic.

Quote:
Women have the right to view childbirth however they want to.

I may love the color pink.....you may hate it.....that doesn't make either one of us right or wrong.
You can hate the color pink all you want, you can even hate your baby. But if you hate Pink the music artist you can do that as well. You just can't kill her.

How many abortions have you had, Annie? If you use contraception, you won't have to worry about killing the babies in your tummy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM

16,284 posts, read 9,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Gold standards do not cause boom and bust cycles, central banks do, inflation does. Gold itself as a standard forces the value to retain market credibility and purchasing power, it has nothing to do with booms and busts.
so why did we have very sharp boom bust cycles when we were on a gold standard?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,665,038 times
The OP's tone sounds a lot like Ron Paul. I suppose this is why he doesn't get that Ron Paul is not a viable candidate for president.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 PM

16,284 posts, read 9,119,974 times
great googly moogly.

cant we have a nice conversation about money and gold standards and leave the abortion stuff to the other thousand threads on the subject????

PLEASE????

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM

865 posts, read 573,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so why did we have very sharp boom bust cycles when we were on a gold standard?
Central bank, fractional reserves, subsidy. There is endless reading on this subject, but lucky for you, you're on the internet. Just pick up a few books that explain boom and busts for each cycle. There is no one root cause, but it has nothing to do with gold being a standard. Gold just retains market value and buying power. It also helps minimize booms and busts from the natural progression in industry, because it forces the government to be responsible with it's revenue. When there is a central bank, the solution is always to print money when nobody will lend it to you.

This has existed throughout history, and not just that of our own, so at this point in time, we have learned so much more about sound money, and we would better implement standards that reflect what historically would work. No system is 100% flawless, but historically, the booms and busts caused 100% by a free market are consequential, and not bailed out by the printing press. Therefore the morons who try to trick the system bare the cost, and not get bailed out by the tax payer without any market punishment whatsoever. It's not simple, no economic system is, but once you start reading the objective data, it starts to become far more clear.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 PM

865 posts, read 573,666 times
You asked where it was in the Constitution, and I provided it straight from the source, not from someone's blog, albeit well researched, in a greater resemblance of a term paper/blog.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,438,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You need a lot more than religion. You live in a fairytale.

I live in reality.....no imaginary beings here.

Maybe you should ask your god why he allows women who are going to abort to get pregnant in the first place? You better go pray about that.

Annie doesn't know what morality is and doesn't know what fiscal means.

I'm sure there's a lot of women who would give anything to be able to have what you call a "suffering".

So what?

You can die doing just about anything.

Yes, but I choose the chances I want to take. How about I FORCE you to go skydiving.....you'll probably be OK.....but if you aren't....hey....you could have died in a car accident anyway. The difference.....you CHOSE to take the risk of getting into that car.

If men have no right or responsibility to the decision of the pregnancy, he should not be legally obligated to support you and the child, either. This is not my personal opinion, this is reasoning based on your fairytale logic.

Is the man risking his life by paying child support?

You can hate the color pink all you want, you can even hate your baby. But if you hate Pink the music artist you can do that as well. You just can't kill her.

Pink is a full fledged human being............not a fetus.

How many abortions have you had, Annie? If you use contraception, you won't have to worry about killing the babies in your tummy
I am 58 years old and managed to make it through my reproductive years without getting pregnant.....that doesn't mean that BC could not have failed.....and if it had, I would have aborted.

FYI.......a fetus is not a baby. It has the potential to be a baby, but until it can survive without a womb.....it is a fetus.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 AM

72,014 posts, read 83,671,479 times
Quote:
I am 58 years old and managed to make it through my reproductive years without getting pregnant.....that doesn't mean that BC could not have failed.....and if it had, I would have aborted.

FYI.......a fetus is not a baby. It has the potential to be a baby, but until it can survive without a womb.....it is a fetus.
a fetus, after about 5 months (now days) can survive so yes, it is a baby. I think had you ever been pregnant and felt a tiny baby moving you would feel different...

Nita

Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,438,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
a fetus, after about 5 months (now days) can survive so yes, it is a baby. I think had you ever been pregnant and felt a tiny baby moving you would feel different...

Nita
I believe I said when it can survive without a womb.....but at 5 months....it would probably be disabled for the rest of its life.....what a nice thing to do.

Feeling something move inside of me wouldn't have majically made me decide I wanted to be a mother and raise a child for 18 years.

Believe me.....I would never have allowed it to get that far.

I never felt any need to have children, I never dreamed of having children. At the age of 14-15 I made that decision and have NEVER regretted it.

I will never understand why people like you, think that you have the right to tell people like me, that I have to have a child I do not want, just because of a BC failure.

And before you say it......no.....I do not feel a duty to incubate a child for someone else against my will.

If you want to force women to provide that service.....than they should be paid an extremely good salary to do so.....just the same as you would pay anyone to provide you with a service.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:19 AM

26,724 posts, read 11,225,885 times
Quote:
I believe I said when it can survive without a womb.....but at 5 months....it would probably be disabled for the rest of its life.....what a nice thing to do.
yea probably should just kill "it", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or