U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM

2,618 posts, read 5,464,638 times

Advertisements

The Ron Paul Solution by Brian Wilson

This pretty much sums it up in retard terms, so those of you who like to make statements about Ron Paul and what he stands for, or are even so unintelligent that you just repeat words like "wacky" or "unelectable" without any points to back your argument....maybe this article could put some perspective in your brain. I'm not saying you will agree with him 100%, but at least you'll realize the big picture.

Quote:
Take my old one about the Two Cars:

Before you are 2 cars. Same make, model, equipment. Different colors. The Blue car – with a big D on the hood – is being driven by our current President Zero. The Red one – with the big R on the hood – will be driven by Perry, Romney, Bachman or some other late-comer the Media Moguls will anoint and appoint as the Designated Driver.[/SIZE]

Here is what’s going to happen: Prez Zero is going to drive the Blue "D" car at 150MPH into that large brick wall just over yonder. Upon impact, there will be a big explosion; he will die a fiery, gooey death. And so will America.

Whomever the MM’s eventually designate – Perry, Romney, Bachman, Palin (?) – will drive the Red "R" car at 102MPH into the same brick wall with the same unsightly and terminal results.

By your support and vote, you select in which car you will ride.

OK? Choose…….

What’s that? Not much of a choice? You die either way?? Well…that’s exactly right!

Not much of "choice," is it??

But wait!

Wanna know a secret?

There’s a third car! It’s being driven by that "wacky uncle," Ron Paul. It’s going to go 200MPH – but not toward that brick wall. Paul’s "car" is heading in the opposite direction – toward Freedomville and Liberty Town and Free Market City where the Government leaves you alone, stays out of your way and your life. You keep more of what you’ve worked your butt of for! There are no illegal, immoral, expensive wars! America is secure at home enjoying trade and commerce with friends and neighbors. The government obeys its Constitutional restraints. Markets flourish! Business explodes! Employment soars! Political Correctness is banished to a small un-named atoll somewhere in the Aleutians!

Still think that "wacky" guy is "unelectable"? Or are you ready to buckle up in the hot Blue "D" car? Or would you prefer something in a fiery Red?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:55 AM

16,284 posts, read 9,115,087 times
who happens to be driving pretty cars into ugly walls does not explain Ron Paul.

It just is more hype sans valid information.

All I have ever asked from a RP supporter was to explain how his version of a gold standard worked.

I have been told I was an idiot for asking... I asked out of actual desire to understand so I could make a good educated decision on the man.

I have been directed to video where he explains how to implement this GS.

I have been given all kinds of fun information about how evil the fed is.

What I have not found one single time was a good explanation from one of his supporters of the way it would actually work.

So don’t blame me for using words like KOOK when I cannot get an actual answer to what should be a simple question.

more comments about pretty cars are not interesting, valuable or case making.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
who happens to be driving pretty cars into ugly walls does not explain Ron Paul.

All I have ever asked from a RP supporter was to explain how his version of a gold standard worked.

I have been told I was an idiot for asking... I asked out of actual desire to understand so I could make a good educated decision on the man.

What I have not found one single time was a good explanation from one of his supporters of the way it would actually work.

So donít blame me for using words like KOOK when I cannot get an actual answer to what should be a simple question.

The gold standard is the gold standard there is nothing to expand go look it up. Generally Ron Paul has said time and time again we can;t just go back to the gold standard considering our current mess. But to start to restore some of our money to be back BACKED by gold and other on trust (borrowing) or other medals or resources. Restrictng or abloishment of the FED and large creation of printed money will stablize the dollar, Currently the FED causes temporary bubbles that later cause economic disaster a gold standard and sound money helps restore true capital and investiment and protects SAVINGS. We dont need the FED to print our money for us and we dont need to the run our money. The FED is a bank and we have abloished the national BANK 2 times in our history for these very same reasons. Only those who seek a powerful government for the RICH and warfare and welfare need a central bank to print them money.
Low interest rates for them, free money and a large tax burder and debit for us.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The gold standard is the gold standard there is nothing to expand go look it up. Generally Ron Paul has said time and time again we can;t just go back to the gold standard considering our current mess. But to start to restore some of our money to be back BACKED by gold and other on trust (borrowing) or other medals or resources. Restrictng or abloishment of the FED and large creation of printed money will stablize the dollar, Currently the FED causes temporary bubbles that later cause economic disaster a gold standard and sound money helps restore true capital and investiment and protects SAVINGS. We dont need the FED to print our money for us and we dont need to the run our money. The FED is a bank and we have abloished the national BANK 2 times in our history for these very same reasons. Only those who seek a powerful government for the RICH and warfare and welfare need a central bank to print them money.
Low interest rates for them, free money and a large tax burder and debit for us.
again, you want me to buy in, dont tell me to look it up. explain it.

your post just creates more questions.

HOW does a gold st andared restore true capital and investment?
We left the GS because other nations were demanding we pay them our gold for thier dollar reserves and we were fast depleting that reserve.

Yes Fiat money supply as done now creates bubles. However, history tells us that we had mad deflationary cycles while on the Gold Standard.

and further a Gold Standard isnt just a Gold Standard.

you either PEG the value of Gold or you let it fluctuate. If you peg it, then all you have to do to manipulate the money supply is to raise/lower the value of Gold. Then you just have a gold backed fiat currency.

If you let the value of gold fluctuate on the open market, the nation as a whole is left at the hands of very wealthy speculators. not exactly a good choice either in my book. Not to mention the government itself being able to manipulate it to impact money supply... ergo gold backed fiat money.

Someone needs to expalin these things very well if you want me to agree. I can actually come to agreement with the RP supporters on the issue, if these and a few other questions can be answred. short of that, dont be shocked when you get the "Ron Paul is nuts" comments from the peanut gallary.

signed

Still looking for Gold Standard answers from the Ron Paul supporters...

Old 09-07-2011, 11:57 AM

In case some more folk are wondering why Ron Paul gets the "kook" treatment, this thread is exhibit A.

I am still waiting for some bright Ron Paul enthusiast to come along and enlighten us on the way RPs Gold Standard will work.

As per usual, the devil is in the details!

Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM

crickets....chirp chirp...

Old 09-07-2011, 01:52 PM

26,720 posts, read 11,216,955 times
Quote:

All one has to do is look back on our history to see how the gold standard worked before. A competing currency. It's rather simple.

Quote:
So donít blame me for using words like KOOK when I cannot get an actual answer to what should be a simple question.

"I have been told I was an idiot for asking..."
lol maybe it wasn't the question

Quote:
In case some more folk are wondering why Ron Paul gets the "kook" treatment, this thread is exhibit A.
because people say silly things.

His policy that would have kept us out of the depression doesn't matter? His policy that would have prevented 9/11 doesn't matter?

The reason is because you claim you cant get an answer to the gold standard????? That's just kooky.

four minutes
Going Back To The Gold Standard?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:

I am still waiting for some bright Ron Paul enthusiast to come along and enlighten us on the way RPs Gold Standard will work.

As per usual, the devil is in the details!
It's not up to you to decide what others think. That's the cause of our problems nowadays. Too many people deciding what is "so". Managing us when it's not needed. Like printing up money and distributing it with no actual oversight, because "its a good thing".

The gold standard and the fed go hand in hand, maybe that's why you don't get it.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM

6,967 posts, read 5,421,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
The Ron Paul Solution by Brian Wilson

This pretty much sums it up in retard terms, so those of you who like to make statements about Ron Paul and what he stands for, or are even so unintelligent that you just repeat words like "wacky" or "unelectable" without any points to back your argument....maybe this article could put some perspective in your brain. I'm not saying you will agree with him 100%, but at least you'll realize the big picture.
"In retard terms" - if you are trying to convince people that your candidate, Ron Paul, is the intelligent choice, you need to sound like you are, yourself, intelligent enough to be making the recommendation.

Your little homily did nothing to convince me of Paul's electability. However, I do agree that he is focused on moving this country backwards, but that's to be expected of an almost 80 year old.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
"In retard terms" - if you are trying to convince people that your candidate, Ron Paul, is the intelligent choice, you need to sound like you are, yourself, intelligent enough to be making the recommendation.
No that's not how it goes. First you have to make sure to address someone who is willing to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your little homily did nothing to convince me of Paul's electability. However, I do agree that he is focused on moving this country backwards, but that's to be expected of an almost 80 year old.
How so? Like having a sound currency? Protecting property rights? or Following the constitution and not abusing executive orders. or promoting liberty and freedom for all and not just some.

On what planet is that backwards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or