Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many times did you hear Ronald Reagan tonight?
24 4 25.00%
761 1 6.25%
8928091 1 6.25%
6.022 x 10²³ 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Reagan sent your jobs overseas to give breaks to big biz,gave an open gate policy and amnesty to illegals so big biz could exploit them and drive the wages down, union busted,CREATED Saddam Hussein and sent him trillions of dollars,created the current crop of lowlifes of the neocon movement that has plagued American politics every since,got the repukes in bed with the evangelicals,etc etc etc...he was hated by all but the rich or super ignorant...total scumbag and lower than dirt in the eyes of the working class. ...I DID live through his presidency,cheaply I might add.
So hated that he won my bluest of blue states (Massachusetts) TWICE!

"CREATED Saddam Hussein and sent him trillions of dollars"?!?! Yeah muleskinner, you need to read some history books. Stat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I guess that's why all those Reagan Democrats supported him--because he was so bad for the working man. Emphasis on "working." Most people when given a choice between a job and government dependency will choose a job--unless of course you're union.

Ha! It was UNIONS even in the Reagan era that actually made this country what it is today. The steel workers, the automobile workers etc. Without organized labor you'd still be working 90 hour work weeks without breaks for peanuts, and if you got sick or had to take off work you'd be canned. Don't forget the benefits and sacrifice the union workers of this great country gave us. While most people who bash unions are pencil pushing, keyboard punching, paper filing do nothings who've never done a hard days work in their life. While unions may very well be corrupt as much as corporate America or government..........it is the US middle class who is treated like cattle by the corporate fascists. No rights, no power. Told to deal with it or go find another job. Pathetic how much power the working man has lost. Labor gets no respect anymore......and the results are bearing fruit for sure.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Ha! It was UNIONS even in the Reagan era that actually made this country what it is today. The steel workers, the automobile workers etc. Without organized labor you'd still be working 90 hour work weeks without breaks for peanuts, and if you got sick or had to take off work you'd be canned. Don't forget the benefits and sacrifice the union workers of this great country gave us. While most people who bash unions are pencil pushing, keyboard punching, paper filing do nothings who've never done a hard days work in their life. While unions may very well be corrupt as much as corporate America or government..........it is the US middle class who is treated like cattle by the corporate fascists. No rights, no power. Told to deal with it or go find another job. Pathetic how much power the working man has lost. Labor gets no respect anymore......and the results are bearing fruit for sure.
A lot of things made this country what it is today. But thanks for the input.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Someone mentioned Carter......I was in HS, so I didn't pay attention, but the oil embargo happened when I was ~ 15. Right before I started driving. Carter might be the only honest President we've ever had that kept his integrity. I love Carter.

Reagan, I voted for on his first term. I was young and naive, but he cured me of repigs ever since his two terms. I do not remember anyone who like Reagan. He was a hated SOB, and I loathe everything I rememeber from his presidential days. It is funny to watch the repigs of today crap all over themselves to see how many times they can say Reagan.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
......and strangely enough, no matter how many times they invoke the Gipper, he STILL couldn't win a Republican primary today if he had to run on his record as his platform.

This is what the average Republican refuses to admit even though they know damn well it's true.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I guess that's why all those Reagan Democrats supported him--because he was so bad for the working man. Emphasis on "working." Most people when given a choice between a job and government dependency will choose a job--unless of course you're union.
WOW! What a totally clueless post and straight from the right wing replies play book.
Faux and friends would be proud,pat yourself on the back.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't know but if it had been a drinking game each time they did, there would be a lot of drunks on the streets tonight.
He's the only good president I can remember in my lifetime. Why would they not try to emulate him?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM

1,019 posts, read 589,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
pole
stick

Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
pole
who cares? HOw many times did Obama tell us, last night, this has to pass immediately? Or was it NOW!!!??/

NIta

Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
24...next question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections