Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,029,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
For an entertainer, yes. Might as well appear on American Idol.
Last night's debate was very similar to AI... and Ron Paul won the popular vote poll...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:08 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,151,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
For an entertainer, yes. Might as well appear on American Idol.
you are right, my thoughts, yes, O'Reilly is more for entertainment, most of these shows are, that doesn't mean paul should not agree to participate, if for no other reason but exposure. But he has to do what he thinks or his campaign thinks is best for him.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,402,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But O'Reilly isn't the deciding factor on the topic of "if Ron Paul is so sure of himself". If you watched the vid Ron Paul gave his reasoning.
This is someone who is sure of himself.
"you must spread some reputations around before blah, blah, blah..."

love that clip. Ron Paul is so Boss...

Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,712,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right, my thoughts, yes, O'Reilly is more for entertainment, most of these shows are, that doesn't mean paul should not agree to participate, if for no other reason but exposure. But he has to do what he thinks or his campaign thinks is best for him.

Nita
No person with self respect should seek an entertainer of O'Reilly kind for "exposure". I could see Ron Paul showing up to debate him (but then, O'Reilly doesn't have the capacity to interview much less be able to debate), but may be at a time when it makes sense. Likes of O'Reilly operate with an agenda, and Ron Paul is well aware of it. Now only if people religiously watching O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and like realized that they're dealing with nothing more than "entertainers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Last night's debate was very similar to AI... and Ron Paul won the popular vote poll...
No point in such popular polls right now. Ron Paul is ONE republican I can respect, and hope he gets the republican ticket. But I also realize that given the state of the party, he ain't going anywhere.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,287,178 times
LOL! I was flipping channels last night and this was the only thing I saw.

Bill came back with "I guess I should show him my HARVARD DEGREE and my emmy's"

That was funny....

Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM

14,462 posts, read 11,206,033 times
Coward!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,496,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But O'Reilly isn't the deciding factor on the topic of "if Ron Paul is so sure of himself". If you watched the vid Ron Paul gave his reasoning.
This is someone who is sure of himself.
I got chills when I saw this live

Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 PM

13,942 posts, read 14,832,144 times
Oreily is a Commentator not a Journalist, he stated it several times.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:24 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,522,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Coward!
He's not a coward, he's smart. There is nothing in it for him except making Billo look like an idiot and that's been done umpteen time already. Do you think Billo fans are going to vote for him if he made their hero look like an AZZHAT.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,145,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But it is interesting he will not go on O'Reilly, like OR or not, he does have a huge audience. He is still number one by more than 2 to 1...Even Obama has been on his show a couple of times. Maybe Paul will go on Huckabees show.

Nita
I'm assuming everyone has seen O'Reilly's show and know what he does to guests he doesn't agree with....

He twists their words and badgers them with statements about them that aren't true. Most importantly though, Bill O'Reilly interrupts you and does not let you speak. He asks a question that is lopsided, looks for something in your words to spin even more from the truth, and if he doesn't get that he interrupts you and changes the topic.

He's a terrible person to have a conversation with, and if you're trying to get a message out during a campaign, O'Reilly is just a waste of your time because he will not let you say anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections