Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
There's that self-awareness again...
Oh, did you take that 'personally?' hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 07:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Exactly MOGal. Actually I don't care what his opinion of abortion is. My issue is that he's planning to actually spend time preventing people from having abortions.
He's planning on spending time returning every aspect of the federal government back to it's Constitutionally enumerated powers and leaving those powers which are not enumerated to the federal government to the states and to the people.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
There are many fools commenting on this issue....on this forum.
well you'd be the expert on that now wouldn't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Not my problem! Anyone who wants to Know Almighty GOD....HE's not hard to find. He's got ALL the answers...I don't. I'm just VERY Thankful for HIS help, protection... Love and care!!!
We know you don't have the answers. The answers are different for each individual.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,512 times
Kinkytoes...you just contradicted yourself. First you say that you cannot vote for him because you SAY he's pro-choice, and that since you're a Christian, you don't believe in abortion, and therefore can't vote for him. Then you go on to say we have bigger fish to fry then Roe v. Wade??? Okay, that makes no sense. Firstly, he is NOT pro-choice...giving legislation to the states will end abortion in most states because we have a 42% conservative American society vs. only 20% liberal. Next, if you are a Christian, then how can you say you're against abortion, but don't think it's your business to stop others from doing it? Either you are a Christian, and therefore AGAINST it by all means, or you're not a Christian at all. We as Christians are expected to be the salt of the earth, and stand against the abominable sin of abortion at all costs. And there is no "bigger fish to fry" than Roe v. Wade, if you are a true Christian. Do your research on Ron Paul. Check youtube for his abortion stance...he is adamently against it, and knows that the only way around it is to give legislation to the predominently conservative people in this country, to decide on. It's a simple, strategic, and effective concept. Christians for RON PAUL 2012!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,512 times
After re-reading your original post, I see that you were actually saying that you are a Christian and against abortion, but don't think we should tell others that they can't kill their unborn babies. Okay, so even worse! You admit abortion is wrong, you admit there is a BABY in the womb of an expectant mother, you say you are a "Christian," and then you go on to say it's not anyone's business to tell a woman that she can't kill her unborn child??? Seriously, what church do you go to??? This is the problem today with your average worldy "Christian!" For that statement, it's YOU who will be judged by God! Take that one to the grave!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I think you are missing two HUGE points: 1) Presidents to do not enact laws, Congress does; and 2) Ron Paul has a track record of voting against abortion issues and enacting them into law already.

So much for his "State Rights" rhetoric.
Care to document? I have looked at his record here and I haven't seen issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_paul

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
I am anything but a Paul supporter as evceryone knows, but I would not vote for any pres or against one because of his/her stand on abortion. Issues like this should not influence how we vote. At least I don't think they should. I want to know how my candidate feels about the economy, immegratiom, socialized medicine, involvement in other countries wars (good and bad) His or her stand on abortion isn't going to mean much. Look at Bush, everyone was so sure he would overturn Roe versus Wade, it never even came up. Whether we like legalized abortion or not, it is here to stay

Don't get me wrong, I do want to know how candidates feel about some of these issues, but I would not base my vote on just one social issue. I might on several only because I would have to wonder what kind of a person we were electing, but certainly I am not influenced by one issue. If I were a Paul supporter prior to finding out how is stood on abortion his stand would not change my mind.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Why are Christian people even concerned about voting for the pro-life candidate? The God of the Bible wasn't pro-life, with his killing of innocent children and the unborn.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?
Ron Paul is personally against abortion but he is also personally FOR the Constitution.

He SAID, repeatedly, it is UP to the STATES to decide. That's it. It is UP TO THE PEOPLE to decide in each state if it will be legal or illegal.

He, personally, is against it but he also knows that ACCORDING TO THE CONSTITUTION, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean you get to have your way, it is UP to the PEOPLE to decide. That is what he has said, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections