Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:29 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security

Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com

WASHINGTON — Texas Gov. Rick Perry made an interesting strategic choice at Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate about how to deal with his self-inflicted Social Security problem. Perry doubled down on one controversial component: his description of the retirement program as a “Ponzi scheme” and a “monstrous lie.” But Perry backed away from reaffirming the even more explosive aspect of his Social Security position — that the federal government ought to stay out of the retirement business altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 05:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Now you see why the WH and DNC are supporting Perry.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security

Rick Perry wants to end, not fix, Social Security | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com

WASHINGTON — Texas Gov. Rick Perry made an interesting strategic choice at Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate about how to deal with his self-inflicted Social Security problem. Perry doubled down on one controversial component: his description of the retirement program as a “Ponzi scheme” and a “monstrous lie.” But Perry backed away from reaffirming the even more explosive aspect of his Social Security position — that the federal government ought to stay out of the retirement business altogether.

Take a gander what Galveston Texas, did with Social Security and how that is working for them! I say the Ponzi Scheme gets eliminated, too.

Those that are employed, have no choice but to be robbed by the Federal Government.
Me being self employed, I have never paid into SS, except when I flipped burgers after school, in high school, but I have a retirement fund, that will pay 8 times more than SS would have paid me, had I been an employee and a slave to our federal government.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 AM

250 posts, read 412,910 times
LOL at sinking him.. he's still #1 in the polls

Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Take a gander what Galveston Texas, did with Social Security and how that is working for them! I say the Ponzi Scheme gets eliminated, too.

Those that are employed, have no choice but to be robbed by the Federal Government.
Me being self employed, I have never paid into SS, except when I flipped burgers after school, in high school, but I have a retirement fund, that will pay 8 times more than SS would have paid me, had I been an employee and a slave to our federal government.
Do you find it amazing that those who are anti Perry or Paul or anyone else seem to spend hours a day looking for negative stories about these candidates instead of finding positive ones about those they support?

NIta

Old 09-10-2011, 07:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times

Rick Perry Social Security Hate Could Sink Him - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
LOL at sinking him.. he's still #1 in the polls
I wonder how the Floridians will like his idea when the GOP candidates debate there next.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you find it amazing that those who are anti Perry or Paul or anyone else seem to spend hours a day looking for negative stories about these candidates instead of finding positive ones about those they support?

NIta
Here you go AGAIN. - I DON'T Support ANY of these ''BAD choices'' for President......but there are many ''running'' for the job who.... I clearly see....would be as BAD as who we have NOW...and even probably WORSE! Rick Perry is a terrible choice!

Unless you're looking for a DICTATOR. Rick Perry is a clone of the maniac LIAR, George Dubya Bush! - I pray and hope America IS not 'sucked in' AGAIN....by that type monster.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Here you go AGAIN. - I DON'T Support ANY of these ''BAD choices'' for President......but there are many ''running'' for the job who.... I clearly see....would be as BAD as who we have NOW...and even probably WORSE! Rick Perry is a terrible choice!

Unless you're looking for a DICTATOR. Rick Perry is a clone of the maniac LIAR, George Dubya Bush! - I pray and hope America IS not 'sucked in' AGAIN....by that type monster.
I was not referring to you directly, I was referring to all those who think they will prove their point by continueing to post negatives about other candidates instead of some posiitives about the candidate they are supporting. It is like the kid who wants mom and dad to believe it is ok for them to do something that parents don't approve of, by telling mom and dad how bad Johnny is.

Nita

Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
There sure are a lot of people hoping this or that about Perry "will sink him..."

I take that as a good sign. It's great that the opposing side will so willingly tell voters who they fear the most. Keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections